Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Harris 'strong candidate' for release

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Tommie Harris is still a "strong candidate" to be released before his $2.5 million roster bonus is due in June.
    Beat writer Neil Hayes ties the possibility of a Harris release to the Bears' potential signing of Julius Peppers or Aaron Kampman. We don't see it. Harris is easily the team's most disruptive player. The Bears may be trying to kick him in the pants, but we don't believe he's in serious danger of being cut.
    roto

suntimes

this makes no sense to me... although not the impact player he was; releasing him does not do the bears any better with who's on the roster now or any potential F/A's

He is a BUM anyways

They won't release him. Unless they could possible ink him and trade him for a first rounder maybe with hester or olsen- and draft a DT

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

No way this happens. He's expensive and his production has fallen off, but he's still our best DL and if we get someone like Peppers he'll be even better.

Eh, if he goes I won't be sad, but I don't see much benefit coming from it.

this is laughable

Like people are saying. There would be no benefit from releasing him. We still have plenty of cap room even with his large salary.

db75 Guest
    I swear most of the Chicago sports/beat writers are mentally challenged.

That would be a brilliant idea!

can make a trade for a 1st rounder instead of cutting him!?!?!!?
    Trick or Treat

I doubt we'd get anything close to a 1st rounder for him right now. Maybe after '06 we would have. You are probably looking at nothing higher than a 2nd rounder if you are extremely lucky. Better off keeping him around at this point.

lol..if the Bears cut Tommie Harris, you may as well not bother watching the Chicago Bears this year as they will lose every single game because the offense will not be able to match the 40 points that the defense will give up every game. It was evident this year in the way Tommie Harris atleast plugs up offensive linemen so the run gets stuffed, or atleast some pressure is on the QB.

The two games Harris essentially missed, Cinci and Arizona, the Bears lost 48-10 and 41-21.

Harris isnt the dominant tackle he was years ago, but he's still essential to this defense. To cut him would be an embarrassment to the organization (more than what they already are).
    What's a sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot26 View Post
    lol..if the Bears cut Tommie Harris, you may as well not bother watching the Chicago Bears this year as they will lose every single game because the offense will not be able to match the 40 points that the defense will give up every game. It was evident this year in the way Tommie Harris atleast plugs up offensive linemen so the run gets stuffed, or atleast some pressure is on the QB.

The two games Harris essentially missed, Cinci and Arizona, the Bears lost 48-10 and 41-21.
    Harris isnt the dominant tackle he was years ago, but he's still essential to this defense. To cut him would be an embarrassment to the organization (more than what they already are).
    Though I agree with you, I wouldn't say those two losses were blowouts because of Harris' absence. We also got shutdown bigtime against the Vikings 10 - 36 and Baltimore 7 - 31 with Harris playing.

This is a ridiculous idea especially if we are going after Peppers. I'd love to see Harris without a double team.

I am probably just grasping at straws here, but if the Patriots are hesitant to give Vince Wilfork a hefty extension would it be possible to swap the two players. I assume Tommie got a lot of upfront money so the Patriots wouldn't be on the hook for that and would still have him under contract for an additional 3 years. I really have no idea what the yearly contract breakdown is so I could be way off.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast