Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Caron Butler: Kobe Made Me A Better Player

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=4942721

DALLAS -- Caron Butler will be going toe to toe Wednesday night with Kobe Bryant, whom the new Dallas Mavericks guard credits with helping make him an All-Star.

Butler played the 2004-05 season with the Los Angeles Lakers, but he firmly believes that the lessons he learned from Bryant while there played a major role in his development.

"That was the best thing that ever could have happened for me personally for my career," said Butler, who joined the Mavericks as part of a seven-player trade with the Washington Wizards on Feb. 13. "To play alongside a guy like that, see his preparation and what it takes to get to that level, that's why I was able to be so good in Washington. I took everything I learned from him, being under his wing, and took that to Washington and it made me very successful."

Butler, who made the Eastern Conference All-Star team in 2007 while with the Wizards, said he still talks to Bryant every week or two.

He said he watched Bryant's work ethic and learned. He saw how Kobe got to the gym early in the morning and stayed late, how he studied film and prepared for opponents, how he trained during the offseason and used it as the pattern for his schedule.

Butler said he'll put his friendship aside for a couple of hours during Wednesday night's game, and he knows Bryant will do the same.

"He's going to bring it," Butler said. "And then he'll hug me afterwards. That's how he is."

ONE LAST STAND FOR THE ZEN MASTER!

Wow, how cool is this? Kobe is tHA bestest EVA!
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

and you ****ing complain about topics about derrick rose? this is just as ****ing bad. we hear enough about your golden child kobe bryant here. some laker fans like you can't even come to terms with lebron being better, despite all stats pointing at it. we dont need to hear kobe dick sucking. post this is the mavs or lakers forum.

lol, this is a perfect example of what should be in a team forum. Put this in the Mavs or Lakers Forum. no one cares

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    If you dont like the topic dont post in it.

As for the article, who hasnt Kobe made better lol

kwame brown. once a kwame, always a kwame

All this reminds me of is Smush Parker, whatever happened to that guy.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

lebron and kobe haters please dont post here. This is fine in the nba forum. its one nba player speaking of another. Caron is showing a little thing called respect. something some of you guys who post here should learn.

Why do people need to see players come in early to know that its probably a good idea to get in as much practice and training as possible. Hes either not telling us what Kobe really did to improve his game, trying to create hype or hes really stupid. Seriously basketball isnt rocket science. The more you work the better you get, NO ****IN ****.

Caron is just trying to get on Kobe's good side so he wont drop 60 tonight! LMAO

Isn't that sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by ko8e24 View Post
    "He's going to bring it," Butler said. "And then he'll hug me afterwards. That's how he is."
    That's funny, that woman in Denver said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by phlp_bj View Post
    kwame brown. once a kwame, always a kwame
    Only Jesus could turn water into wine....

Only Mitch Kupchak could trade Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol.

So this is the REAL reason the Heat traded Beasley
    http://i.imgur.com/ABJ1B.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MTar786 View Post
    lebron and kobe haters please dont post here. This is fine in the nba forum. its one nba player speaking of another. Caron is showing a little thing called respect. something some of you guys who post here should learn.
    I like this post .
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

Quote Originally Posted by Southsideheat View Post
    That's funny, that woman in Denver said the same thing.
    Oh there was no hugging after that. It was "B!tch get outta my room!" Then she left and laid like 3 other guys on her way to the doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast