Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How are the best teams in the league able to trade for great players wo givin up any1

It is not making sense.

Celtics are the worst team in the league... yet have the talent to trade for KG and Ray Allen in the same off-season.

Lakers trade for Gasol was ridiculous. Critt and Kwame and 1st rounder for Gasol? I mean who would do that? Although Marc Gasol is turning into a great player, but no one knew that.

Cavs get Shaq for the worst players. Cavs were in talks for Amare and were close to getting him. Now the Cavs get Jamison and gave up Z... who they are going to get back...

Carter somehow ends up in Orlando for Courtney Lee and some other scrubs.

Something fishy is going on around here. What is going on? It is getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4MVP View Post
    Andrew Bogut is a better player then Dwight Howard. period.

The decks are stacked.

The playing field is not level.

Fairness does not exist in the world of NBA trading. It's all set up to benefit the big markets and star players.

NBA is not a TEAM league like the NFL, it's about the super star players and they will do anything to promote those players, which means surrounding them with players so they win.

Ask the Yankees

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

The Gasol deal was fair...

Kwame was 8 million in expiring contract, which is an incentive for teams.

Two first round picks, not one.

Javaris was a PG that Memphis dealt before they could develop him, and lastly Marc Gasol who Memphis required in the deal. Without Marc, the trade would never have happened.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Thanks "We owe ya one!" I was thinking the same exact thing. Im still waiting for Igouadala For JJ Hickson+Scrubs.

Cause they are the only teams trying to become better while everyone else is trying to become worst and prepare for the pipedream of 2010.

But meanwhile....teams like the Mavs RAPED everyone in the process. They traded nothing for: Jason Kidd, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    The Gasol deal was fair...
    While it looks a little fairer now than it did then due to Marc playing well, please still allow me to say...

The OP must be 12

Just like the above mentioned. The league will do many things to get the top players in a position to win and increase publicity. Even though Big Z left, reports are he will be back in Cleveland within 30 days, so yup, essentially the Cavaliers did not give up much for a solid PF in Jamison.

I completely agree, the league is getting out of hand with these trades and I do not seem to understand how the bigger label will always get the bigger reward.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Cause they are the only teams trying to become better while everyone else is trying to become worst and prepare for the pipedream of 2010.

But meanwhile....teams like the Mavs RAPED everyone in the process. They traded nothing for: Jason Kidd, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood.
    According to HoopsHype that was the Mavs GM worst deal of his career. Devin Harris was an all star last year, is young in his 20s, and you trade him for an aging Kidd. Dont forget Harris got the Most improved player award. Kidd is one of those pple whose Name sounds good, but in reality hes old.
    Sure Devin's team is 5-49, But he cant do everything himself because management is putting everything on 2010.

With that Said, However Most of these NBA Deadline trades make you scratch your head. Jamison for Big Z + 1st rounder is a real head scratcher. I love NBA trades but when you think about it Damn its unfair.
    Last edited by xabial; 02-18-2010 at 03:31 AM.

The NBA is a joke. I am tired of seeing the usual teams get better and better, of course, we are lucky that this league is not like MLB, or it would be much worse, but I really hate seeing these lopsided trades where the already talented team always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorsFanatic View Post
    Just like the above mentioned. The league will do many things to get the top players in a position to win and increase publicity. Even though Big Z left, reports are he will be back in Cleveland within 30 days, so yup, essentially the Cavaliers did not give up much for a solid PF in Jamison.

I completely agree, the league is getting out of hand with these trades and I do not seem to understand how the bigger label will always get the bigger reward.
    What exactly do you mean, "THE LEAGUE"? The league is not a person, you are talking like a tinfoil hat wearing nut right now. It's simply a matter of teams that are trying to get better now w/ better GM's against teams that are building for the future and or trying to save money and/or have worse GM's.

The Lakers will be paying out of their *** this year on salaries. 21million just in luxury tax. But guess what? Buss wants to win now, and was willing to pay for it. Not every team has that type of owner.

The Conspiracy theory bull **** needs to go. This isn't tough to understand if you spend a little time looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    What exactly do you mean, "THE LEAGUE"? The league is not a person, you are talking like a tinfoil hat wearing nut right now. It's simply a matter of teams that are trying to get better now w/ better GM's against teams that are building for the future and or trying to save money and/or have worse GM's.

The Lakers will be paying out of their *** this year on salaries. 21million just in luxury tax. But guess what? Buss wants to win now, and was willing to pay for it. Not every team has that type of owner.

The Conspiracy theory bull **** needs to go. This isn't tough to understand if you spend a little time looking into it.
    Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorsFanatic View Post
    Nice try.
    With what? What about this don't you get?

This is coming from a Warrior fan, with a HORRIBLE GM. I know how the league works, learn about it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast