Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    535

    Cavs very close to deal for Stoudemire

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305

    Please no.

    This is wrong on so many levels.

    First off - I don't want a boring, run down, small market city like Cleveland to be great for years to come. It will only derail ratings in playoff series.

    Secondly, Phoenix is just absolutely stupid if they do this deal. JJ Hickson will get it done for them? Seriously? They could get so much more out of other teams - just Kerr and Danny Ferry are up each other's ***** so it might very well get done.

    Third, Stoudemire and Shaq were JUST on the same team. Phoenix is going to trade Shaq and Stoudemire, two players that made the All-Star teams in the past two years for JJ Hickson and three players they that are waived and don't even play a game for their team (Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic).

    Are you ****ing serious?

    The Lakers and the Cavs. Wow. People just hand players to their teams. Pau, now this ********? Sometimes I just think the NBA is fixed. Isn't it just convenient that the top two players in the league (Kobe and LeBron) get All-Star or superstar side kicks for next to nothing?
    Last edited by Boston Faithful; 02-14-2010 at 05:59 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Faithful View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305

    Please no.

    This is wrong on so many levels.

    First off - I don't want a boring, run down, small market city like Cleveland to be great for years to come. It will only derail ratings in playoff series.

    Secondly, Phoenix is just absolutely stupid if they do this deal. JJ Hickson will get it done for them? Seriously? They could get so much more out of other teams - just Kerr and Danny Ferry are up each other's ***** so it might very well get done.

    Third, Stoudemire and Shaq were JUST on the same team. Phoenix is going to trade Shaq and Stoudemire, two players that made the All-Star teams in the past two years for JJ Hickson and three players they that are waived and don't even play a game for their team (Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic).

    Are you ****ing serious?

    The Lakers and the Cavs. Wow. People just hand players to their teams. Pau, now this ********? Sometimes I just think the NBA is fixed. Isn't it just convenient that the top two players in the league (Kobe and LeBron) get All-Star or superstar side kicks for next to nothing?


    says the celtics fan, a proud recipient of kevin mchale's ball sac on August 1, 2007


    ONE LAST STAND FOR THE ZEN MASTER!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    duketown, holland
    Posts
    8,108
    I agree...it's almost as if people want to hand the Cavs the title. The Suns are right in the middle of a playoff race...why the hell would they give up their best scorer? It's the same with LA essentially getting Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown. Sheesh. But at least the Grizzlies sucked back than, so I understand it a little bit. But come on, if the Suns do this they are bonkers.

    And it would be a shame if the Cavs would give up a valuable role player like Varejao for Amare, who won't improve the cavs defensively. It's their D that's winning them games, and varejao is a big reason why. No way are the Suns dealing just for Hickson.
    OUTRAGE

    <img src=http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/test/img9149352.jpg border=0 alt= />

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    696
    this does not make any sense at all for phoenix, considering amare is 17 mill off the books. ziggy would only be great for a team that is giving a long term contract in return. so basically taking on hickson and having less money to sign solid players?

    somebody look under the table i think i see a big pile of green paper.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    duketown, holland
    Posts
    8,108
    Also I just don't understand why the Cavs are seeking a trade in the first place. They are on a 13 game win streak. They just started to really gel. Making a move may break a great foundation they have.

    It would be wise to just stay put this season.
    OUTRAGE

    <img src=http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/test/img9149352.jpg border=0 alt= />

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    4,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Faithful View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305

    Please no.

    This is wrong on so many levels.

    First off - I don't want a boring, run down, small market city like Cleveland to be great for years to come. It will only derail ratings in playoff series.

    Secondly, Phoenix is just absolutely stupid if they do this deal. JJ Hickson will get it done for them? Seriously? They could get so much more out of other teams - just Kerr and Danny Ferry are up each other's ***** so it might very well get done.

    Third, Stoudemire and Shaq were JUST on the same team. Phoenix is going to trade Shaq and Stoudemire, two players that made the All-Star teams in the past two years for JJ Hickson and three players they that are waived and don't even play a game for their team (Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic).

    Are you ****ing serious?

    The Lakers and the Cavs. Wow. People just hand players to their teams. Pau, now this ********? Sometimes I just think the NBA is fixed. Isn't it just convenient that the top two players in the league (Kobe and LeBron) get All-Star or superstar side kicks for next to nothing?
    I'm sure the city you come from is great if it contains people that make comments like that. And you should know a think or two about teams being handed championships. And I don't care what team is in the finals. I'll watch them because I'm a fan of the game of basketball. I'm not saying it's a good trade or anything, but seriously come on.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    44,114
    i hope stou and shaq work as " good" as they did in the suns

    oh and by the way this is nothing to do with the pau trade.

    or is Hickson better than MARC GASOL?
    ]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    44,114
    another question what are cavs gonna do with al that cap if they dont WIN?

    i understand if they win they will probably resign stou and lebron and since shaq is a monster expiring MAYBE they even ocnvince Joe johnson or something to join.

    but if they lose and thse trhee walk as obviusly would happen?
    ]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    i hope stou and shaq work as " good" as they did in the suns

    oh and by the way this is nothing to do with the pau trade.

    or is Hickson better than MARC GASOL?
    you never seem to amaze me in how ur always able to bring a spanish player into the conversation when it doesn't have anything to do with them


    ONE LAST STAND FOR THE ZEN MASTER!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    8,941
    Bye bye summer of 2010.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,314
    You people are losers.

    You have a problem with this because it's Cleveland. If it was the lakers, you'd all be going, "Good deal, good deal!"

    OP even admits this.

    Fans like you are everything that is wrong with the NBA. Should be ashamed. This probably won't even happen anyways.

    And sheesh, you act like the Cavs are a 100% lock to win if this deal goes through. they are no more a lock than the lakeshow were when they got Gasol. BOOOOSH.

    FTR, this deal if it even goes through will be decided by how good Hickson becomes. Remember the Gasol trade that we all thought was robbery? I ask you to go google 'marc gasol' and tell me what he is doing right now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW_1023 View Post
    Also I just don't understand why the Cavs are seeking a trade in the first place. They are on a 13 game win streak. They just started to really gel. Making a move may break a great foundation they have.

    It would be wise to just stay put this season.
    True.

    It worked well for them last sea- oh wait. No.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,700
    Boston gets KG foR loose change and it's fine, Cleveland persues Amare and it's robbery? Typical! Next we're gonna have Laker fans complai -- oh wait
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,117
    nothing new here, we knew the same thing about 20 hours ago.


    hopefully common sense prevails here and PHX tell the cavs to fet ********d

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,117
    actually now that i have my head around it, the article is pure crap.

    IF the suns tarde amare to cleveland, you can bet your *** they will want the cavs to taker J Rich and his contract.

    The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.
    really?? amare for hickson and cap space.

    Chris Broussard is a dead set tit

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •