Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Post 2010 Offseason Officially Starts.

Things to look forward to.

NFL Combine
    Date: Feb 24th - Mar 2nd
    Keys: If you have NFL network, or you watch it on justin.tv. The combine will show us the raw athleticism of the 2010 draft class. Positions to watch: RB, WR, DE, DT, LB, S, no order.

NFL Free Agency
    Date: Feb 27th
    Keys: Key players Bucs need to keep an eye on are: QB Chad Pennington, RB Darren Sproles, RB Leon Washington, WR Chris Chambers, WR Lance Moore, DE Julius Peppers, DE/OLB Aaron Kampman, LB Karlos Dansby, OLB Shawne Merriman, MLB D'Qwell Jackson, CB Dunta Robinson, CB Carlos Rodgers, CB Rashard Marshall, S Atari Bigby, S Sean Jones.

NFL Draft
    Date: Apr 22, 23, 24th
    Keys: This is the day we are all waiting for. With the third pick in the draft, and some QB hungry teams out there, don't be surprised if the Bucs make a lot of moves during the draft.

NFL Camps start
    Date: Jul 23rd
    Key: Seems like an eternity till this date, but theres a lot of work to be done. It will be exciting to see if we have a entirely revamped team by this point.
    Last edited by Gdubbz; 02-08-2010 at 08:10 PM.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

this should be merged to the official offseason thread...really.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

This should be stuck as the new offseason thread. Id do it if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    This should be stuck as the new offseason thread. Id do it if I could.
    Yeah, I really dont want to see last offseasons 35 pages of stuff. I would rather this be the Offseason one... Mods?
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

Wow as of 12:25 PM on Tuesday there is 28 viewers of our humble Bucs section... Im curious to why....?

p.s. everyone check my Kid Cudi wall in the graphics showcase section

does anyone know when the 2010 schedules come out ?

Usually right before mini camp... so May...

like late April early may?

Quote Originally Posted by Dleech18 View Post
    like late April early may?
    Dont quote me but I want to say end of May...

Penn, Bucs talking deal
    UPDATE, 6:32 p.m.: Just talked to Donald Penn and he is ready to strike a deal.

His thoughts in a nutshell: "Film doesn't lie," he said. "I think I deserve it. I want to make sure my family is financially secure. . . I've been the lowest-paid starting left tackle for two years and you want to be compensated."

Penn added that the Bucs and his agent were close to a deal during the season, but things never got finalized for some reason. Talks did not re-open until just a few days ago, at least in part because of the change in the team's leadership.

4:21 p.m.: Restricted free agent LT Donald Penn, a two-year starter for the Bucs, is in talks with the team about a long-term contract.

It's not clear whether a deal is close, but retaining Penn is critical to the success of the Bucs' young offensive line -- one the franchise believes has a bright future. Penn, 25, has been a solid answer at left tackle, which has been a source of much concern for several seasons.

If the sides can't come to accord before the start of free agency, expect the Bucs to make a restricted free agent tender to Penn that would give the team the right of first refusal, allowing it to match any competing free-agent offer from another club.

If the Bucs were to pass and Penn were to leave under such a scenario, the Bucs would receive draft-pick compensation, the value of which would depend on their original qualifying offer.

But that outcome seems unlikely given the dearth of starting-caliber left tackles available and Penn's youth and upside. While he had some sporadic ugly moments against the likes of Atlanta's John Abraham, he was perhaps the line's best pass protector and has great athleticism. That agility will serve him well as the Bucs are expected to employ a zone-blocking scheme this season, a scheme in which Penn could thrive.

The fact that talks aimed toward striking a deal are ongoing indicates there's a mutual willingness to get something done.
    Do you guys think that Penn is the answer at tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    YES YES and YES

Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Absolutely. If a Tackles biggest problem is that hes overweight, you've got a keeper

GOAT

Source: NBC Sports

Buccaneers WR Michael Clayton and QB Byron Leftwich are candidates to be released this offseason. The injury-riddled Clayton was a $24M mistake last season, offering little more than his trademark blocking while missing seven games. After he proved once again that he's no better than a backup, Leftwich isn't worth keeping around with Josh Johnson ready to handle the No. 2 job.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Absolutely. If a Tackles biggest problem is that hes overweight, you've got a keeper
    Agreed. Simply put Penn IS the answer at left tackle.

Left tackle is not like wide reciever or running back. You cannot just get bored and think you can swap out with a newer better one whenever you feel like it. When you find one that works you better hold on to it with everything you got.

I'm really hoping we can lock him up for the next 4 to 5 years.

February, 12, 2010 Feb 12 By Pat Yasinskas

TAMPA, Fla. -- In addition to discussing the approach of free agency during Friday’s “informational’’ session with the media, Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik had a few other nuggets of information.

Guard Arron Sears, who missed all of last season due to what the team has repeatedly referred to as a private matter, has been working out at One Buccaneer Place. That’s a positive sign because Sears is working out on his own, long before the rest of the team begins offseason conditioning. Dominik said the goal is for Sears to be in football shape for mandatory workouts in May and June and have him at 100 percent for the start of training camp.
    Good News! I'm really hoping Sears can bounce back in 2010.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast