Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Greatest offensive rebounder of all time. Great defensive rebounder too. Excellent defender. He couldn't shoot fouls, he couldn't pass very well. He was too one dimensional. If he was a center it might have sold, but as power forward some amount of offense has to be expected. This no score crap is too idiosyncratic. He only played over 33.5 minutes a game 5 times in his career. He was the #4-5 for the Pistons and the #3 guy for the Bulls. Guys that far down the list do not get to go to the HOF. He only made two ASG's. He was an effective player for 11 years, but only great 1 year '91-'92.

No.
    The greatest rebounder in league history and one of the best and most versatile defenders ever undoubtedly deserves to be in the HOF.

Offensively, when he did shoot he was pretty efficient, ranking 39th all-time inj FG% and holding a Offensive Rating almost identical to Lebron James.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    The greatest rebounder in league history and one of the best and most versatile defenders ever undoubtedly deserves to be in the HOF.

Offensively, when he did shoot he was pretty efficient, ranking 39th all-time inj FG% and holding a Offensive Rating almost identical to Lebron James.
    When he shot is the operative phrase. Didn't play enough minutes in enough years, was never the best or 2nd best player on his own team. While there are some Celtic, Lakers, Pistons, and 76'ers teams that had the distinction of the 3rd best if not 4th best guys being HOF'ers, Rodman wasn't a big fish on those Pistons teams, and considering how massive the first two guys were on the Bulls, his contrbution is a lot closer to Cartright then Pippen.

Idiosyncratic player, and argument to get him in. I hope he does not get in.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

eh,why not

there are scorers who sucked at other stuff that are in the hof,so why not just rebounders
    Last edited by abe_froman; 02-08-2010 at 04:43 PM.

According to HOF Probability he's #120 all time - at .2654

Only guys lower then him in the HOF all the way down to 250 are:

Walton, Monroe, Connie Hawkins, Tom Gola, Dan Issel, Calvin Murphy - and most of them have extra circumstances behind them, not gross tatoo's, and a bizarre personality.

NFW.

Guy higher then him not in: Guerin, Nixon, Sanders, Moncrief, KJ, Sikma, Aguirre, Spencer Haywood, Marques Johnson, Jack Coleman, Wilkes, DJ, Chet Walker, Naulls, Hutchins, Dandridge, Mitch Richmond, Hardaway, JoJo, Bernard King, Payton

Moncrief, KJ, Sikma, Haywood, Marques, White, Wilkes, DJ, Payton, Nixon - all far more brilliant players then Rodman. Until them and others are in, I don't want to hear anything from the Rodman set.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 02-08-2010 at 11:11 PM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I was wondering listening to Phil Jackson the other day and i got to thinking how come Rodman isn't in the Hall of Fame yet.
    Because he's just now eligible this year.

Easy enough question.

On this date, 20 years ago, October 2, 1995, the Bulls acquired Dennis Rodman from the Spurs in exchange for center Will Vanderbilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    On this date, 20 years ago, October 2, 1995, the Bulls acquired Dennis Rodman from the Spurs in exchange for center Will Vanderbilt.
    I've actually met Will Perdue and got to talk to him about his career. Pretty cool guy.

But yeah if there are people out there making the argument for Muggsy Bogues to be in the Hall of Fame then Dennis Rodman sure as hell should be in the discussion as well. There are plenty of ahead of him though in my opinion.

Marcus Mariota

I loved watching Rodman with the Bad Boys and after. But he is NOT worthy of the HOF. In fact I'm hoping after the latest Baseball blunder with Harold Baines all sports writers and voters will take a closer look and stop watering them down. The HOF in my opinion is for the ELITE. Its for the special players . Not the very good.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12