• Kidd

4 4.21%
  • Melo

8 8.42%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Redeem Team: MVP......

I want to make this a legitimate debate, who do you think was the MVP of the so called "Redeem Team"? Simple question, please explain.
    Greatness is a Virtue

Kobe He was the most clutch. i think he actually led the team in the Final Game. It was such a talented team though, so there can be debate.

Sigh.

Lebron.

i think there should only be 2 options, kobe and wade. Lebron did not really make a huge difference at all on the team esspically compared to those 2 so i would really love to hear people that vote for lebron give their reasons.

"He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell

wow why do we have 2 make everything a competition, specifically and ultimately between LBJ and KB24
    Got the Shades Ready for All those $hiny Rings

Quote Originally Posted by MSG34 View Post
    Carmelo Anthony has now hit as many game winning shots in a knick jersey as the Lebron, Wade and Bosh have this season

Anyone who watched the Redeem Team play would know that D-Wade was its MVP. He gave up the most to accommodate Kobe and LeBron. He was the most intense player during every moment he got to play. He was its leading scorer. He was the one who carried the load in the Gold Medal Game when Bryant and James were in foul trouble. He came off the bench and made sacrifices in all aspects to be a complementary piece to James and Wade. In the end Wade did more for the Redeem Team than any other player. He also hit very clutch shots in the Final moments of the Gold Medal Game. On the floor D-Wade was really the most explosive player on that team while being itís shut down defender most of the time.

D-Wade hands down! What team was everyone else watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Derick713 View Post
    D-Wade hands down! What team was everyone else watching?
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniorm.../stats/USA.HTM

Wade: 16 ppg .671 fg % .471 3pt% 4rpg 18 stls 15 assists all in about 18.8 mpg
    Lebron 15.5 ppg .602 fg% .464 3pt% 5.3 rpg 19 stl 30 assists 24.8 mpg
    Kobe 15 ppg .462fg% .321 3p% 2.8 rpg 9 stl 17 assists 23.5 mpg

Looks like wade did a bit more with a lot less time... He also was the only player that led them in scoring multiple games including the biggest game of all. But id say its close between him and lebron
    Last edited by Hoopsadvocate; 01-27-2010 at 08:03 PM.
    [CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    Man, any other team but the Heat. I don't mind having the streak broken, but them? Last time I want that to happen!

I am really hoping for LebRon to tear an ACL. I don't know how Rose and other players who are athletic jumping all over the place get injured but this orangutang stays healthy forever.
    Quote from back in March referring to HEATs win streak... Karma is looking like a real thing now huh Laker fans? [CENTER]

Guess nobody on here appreciates DEFENSE.

No brainer Kobe. What they win without him again? I thought so.

Wade led the team in scoring with 16ppg, off the bench....and he had less minutes per game than Kobe, Lebron, Melo, CP3 and Deron. He did this with a whopping 67% from the field, better than everyone on the team except the big men (D12, Bosh).

He also committed less turnovers than Kobe and Lebron, and shot better than both of them from the 3 point line AND the FT line.

Statistically, Wade was the best player on the floor. IMO, he was also the most valuable player. In the final game against spain, both he and kobe were extremely clutch to seal the win. Wade led in points with 27, to go along with 4 steals. But Kobe went off in the 4th.

Throughout the entire Olympics, I believe Wade was the MVP. In the Final game, it was Kobe for his clutchness and defense.
    Last edited by LayZbone; 01-27-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Kobe guarded the best player on the opposing team and killed Spain when it mattered most though.

I really don't think there is one clear cut guy because Lebron, Kobe, Wade, and Kidd all brought something that was equally important. Lebron brought play making, Kobe brought defense, Wade brought scoring, but Kidd also needs to be talked about for his leadership.

honestly, lemme break down these 4:

Kobe - doesn't deserve it because he was a defensive stopper and a vet on this team. He only really made a contribution in the final game against Spain where he made those clutch shots.

Lebron - just another guy on a very talented team. He's great, but not the MVP of this team.

Wade - probably the MVP, I don't see why you would say anyone else. The guy played out of his mind, returning from injury strong and showed people that he will return to the NBA stronger than before. And he came off the bench too.

Bosh - I don't think this guy deserves an MVP for this team, but you gotta give him props. Howard didn't seem very dominant down low in the Olympics, and to me, Bosh destroyed the paint defensively and offensively. He came off the bench as well, so his tag team with Wade was amazing.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

^^^^ Todd Gurley. Go Rams!

"You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want."

Les Snead

Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Kobe guarded the best player on the opposing team and killed Spain when it mattered most though.

I really don't think there is one clear cut guy because Lebron, Kobe, Wade, and Kidd all brought something that was equally important. Lebron brought play making, Kobe brought defense, Wade brought scoring, but Kidd also needs to be talked about for his leadership.
    all valid points

The thing with most of the games is only a few if that were even close a lot of them were blowouts.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast