Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,612
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well youíd know what they call themselves better than me, you seem way more up to date on the movement.
    u have it backwards, the movement is up to date with the facts I speak. but yes, I have many interests and I'm aware of various factions popping up.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    did u just assume my gender
    Its ok if you are gender fluid. Everyone is welcome here

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    btw, remember that guy who got fired from Google for basically admitting what everyone knows about women in the workforce. a big time exec for Google was caught echoing the same thoughts. women just aren't interested in the same things men are and both have wildly different aspirations, expecting equality of outcome is asinine, all we can hope for is equal opportunity, outside of classism privelage (to name one of a few factors), we already have that. we would have more equality if women stopped being sluts.
    How would we have more quality if women stopped being sluts?


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    did u just assume my gender
    You are clearly a dick


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,770
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    It isnít going to get better with the social isolation protocols. I used to be pretty overweight but then I started eating healthy and working out. At this point itís pretty engrained in me so Iím still doing the best I can. But if a few weeks or even months into my lifestyle change I had to deal with gym closures and difficulty in buying healthy foods/ingredients Iíd probably have reverted back. I imagine that this situation will worsen lots of people in bad shape and wipe out progress of people trying to get better.
    as with many things, to really fix a systematic issue, we need to look to the future. First, stop putting so much sugar in kids foods and labeling them healthy because it says the word "Apple" on it. Our food industry addicts people to sugar from day 1.

    We live in an era where every other commercial is Pelaton, or health related, yet obesity grows by the day. It's because the food industry is allowed to essentially mislead you on what is in their products. We have our kids take history for 12 ****ing years, yet they spend zero time on nutrition, or learning essential things like how to actually take care of their body.

    Food and Drug companies are too powerful, and allowed too much leeway in their verbiage and advertisements. I agree at the end of the day it's on the individual to keep healthy, but we could at least arm them with the correct information to make those decisions, and stop addicting young kids to crappy food from day 1.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    btw, remember that guy who got fired from Google for basically admitting what everyone knows about women in the workforce. a big time exec for Google was caught echoing the same thoughts. women just aren't interested in the same things men are and both have wildly different aspirations, expecting equality of outcome is asinine, all we can hope for is equal opportunity, outside of classism privelage (to name one of a few factors), we already have that. we would have more equality if women stopped being sluts.
    I did see a study from Harvard about pay gap between genders, that pointed out women are far more willing to sacrifice their career for kids, family, etc. Ie, they make the choice in many cases to be the less dependable worker. But, I wonder if those results are the effect, versus the cause?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    10,456
    healthcare paid for by a high tax on fast food, alcohol, tobacco, and other processed foods, including pop/soda.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    as with many things, to really fix a systematic issue, we need to look to the future. First, stop putting so much sugar in kids foods and labeling them healthy because it says the word "Apple" on it. Our food industry addicts people to sugar from day 1.

    We live in an era where every other commercial is Pelaton, or health related, yet obesity grows by the day. It's because the food industry is allowed to essentially mislead you on what is in their products. We have our kids take history for 12 ****ing years, yet they spend zero time on nutrition, or learning essential things like how to actually take care of their body.

    Food and Drug companies are too powerful, and allowed too much leeway in their verbiage and advertisements. I agree at the end of the day it's on the individual to keep healthy, but we could at least arm them with the correct information to make those decisions, and stop addicting young kids to crappy food from day 1.
    Good post

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    11,470
    good post but it will never happen.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,770
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    good post but it will never happen.
    nope. Neither will the Pharm companies, nor any large corporation, nor any large special interest group, ever be held accountable. Why? Because they have our entire political system in their back pockets. We let it get this way, so shame on us.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,348
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    healthcare paid for by a high tax on fast food, alcohol, tobacco, and other processed foods, including pop/soda.
    Can't work. So all of the things that people with lower income have to resort to?

    No, it has to be a progressive tax. It's the only thing that ever actually works, but growing up in the US you would never know this because its demonized lol.

    The US does have a "progressive " tax but the loopholes that target the wealthy kill it.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,770
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    healthcare paid for by a high tax on fast food, alcohol, tobacco, and other processed foods, including pop/soda.
    so you want to tax the items that the poorest people buy? Well that doesn't make any sense.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1
    Its really not as much about what we eat that makes us gain weight but what we eat and our inactivity now as a country... what we eat hurts our BP/Heart etc but it wont make us gain weight if we move.... this country has gotten fat/lazy and its only going to get worse because of how dependent we have become on technology and how easy it makes life.

    ---------------
    https://boodmo.com/vehicles/hindusta...assador-11230/
    Last edited by Boodmo; 05-11-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •