Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

America Must Reform Its Food Industry or Go Broke With Health Care Costs

NaturalNews) Health care reform in the United States is impossible without tackling the country's obesity epidemic, author and food activist Michael Pollan has warned.

"Even the most efficient health care system that the administration could hope to devise would still confront a rising tide of chronic disease linked to diet," Pollan wrote recently in The New York Times.

"That's why our success in bringing health care costs under control ultimately depends on whether Washington can summon the political will to take on and reform a second, even more powerful industry: the food industry."

http://www.naturalnews.com/027945_Mi...are_costs.html

It's 2020 no one is obese we are all what we want to be and our bodies are beautiful no matter what

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

The argument in the OP is correct. But this is America -- fattening food is King!

We had a whole thread about this topic awhile back. The short recap is that it's not going to change because people don't want to admit we have a systemic problem.

Go whole food plant-based. Itís healthy, ethical, and environmentally responsible.

It isnít going to get better with the social isolation protocols. I used to be pretty overweight but then I started eating healthy and working out. At this point itís pretty engrained in me so Iím still doing the best I can. But if a few weeks or even months into my lifestyle change I had to deal with gym closures and difficulty in buying healthy foods/ingredients Iíd probably have reverted back. I imagine that this situation will worsen lots of people in bad shape and wipe out progress of people trying to get better.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    It isnít going to get better with the social isolation protocols. I used to be pretty overweight but then I started eating healthy and working out. At this point itís pretty engrained in me so Iím still doing the best I can. But if a few weeks or even months into my lifestyle change I had to deal with gym closures and difficulty in buying healthy foods/ingredients Iíd probably have reverted back. I imagine that this situation will worsen lots of people in bad shape and wipe out progress of people trying to get better.
    Itís interesting hearing the changes for people on this front. People who go to gyms and classes seem to be slowing down and people who were stagnant already seem to be more inspired to do at home workouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    We had a whole thread about this topic awhile back. The short recap is that it's not going to change because people don't want to admit we have a systemic problem.
    It isn't going to change because people don't want to change. I had a patient about two weeks ago, female in her early 40s, who broke out in a sweat just trying to get up off the x-ray table. People like that aren't willing to change their lifestyles. Healthy food is available and they aren't choosing it. I would say that 95% of my patients, if not more, are grossly overweight. Which is why they are my patients. And nothing will make these people eat healthier or exercise.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

i wasnt super over weight but i started drinking a ton of soda and eating out a bit in my mid 20s and before i knew it i went from 179-225 without even noticing... i remember just having limited energy etc... instantly quit soda and stopped eating out... its really not as much about what we eat that makes us gain weight but what we eat and our inactivity now as a country... what we eat hurts our BP/Heart etc but it wont make us gain weight if we move.... this country has gotten fat/lazy and its only going to get worse because of how dependent we have become on technology and how easy it makes life.... you dont have to leave the house for anything anymore

also child obesity should be child abuse... my cousins friends kid was 240 pounds at the age of 13 but if you even mention anything its bullying.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 04-01-2020 at 01:14 PM.

People eat too much processed food, not enough vegetables, consume too much alcohol, donít get enough sleep, watch too much tv and donít exercise or generally speaking move around enough. This leads to obesity, which causes the overwhelming majority of health issues in this country. Somehow, people blame the healthcare system and the federal government for this instead of people being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Itís interesting hearing the changes for people on this front. People who go to gyms and classes seem to be slowing down and people who were stagnant already seem to be more inspired to do at home workouts.

I think going to the gym became such a part of my life itís hard to workout without a full gym. I wish I had like a wall I could try and play tennis off or something. Lifting has become a lot like a sport for me. Iím getting used to this routine more though and starting to work out more regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I've had no issues buying healthy food right now. Fresh produce and vegetables are abundant pretty much everywhere, fresh fish and meat too. The stuff going off the shelves has been frozen food, processed food, canned vegetables, paper goods, anything dairy, and the bakery.

the gym stuff is harder to replace
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I've had no issues buying healthy food right now. Fresh produce and vegetables are abundant pretty much everywhere, fresh fish and meat too. The stuff going off the shelves has been frozen food, processed food, canned vegetables, paper goods, anything dairy, and the bakery.

the gym stuff is harder to replace
    Glad your situation is better than mine lol

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

It would be hilarious to show this to some of them fat cow feminists who insists they're perfect but also want free healthcare, libtard mentality lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    It would be hilarious to show this to some of them fat cow feminists who insists they're perfect but also want free healthcare, libtard mentality lolol
    Do you have a newsletter we can subscribe to?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast