Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Dwyane Wade says he wouldn't take a pay cut to play with Lebron or Bosh

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0czKMi3Wp

The Big Three together?

It's being called the "Nuclear Option."

Imagine if LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh decided to take pay cuts from their max contracts and all signed with the same team and spent the next five years trying to win as many championships as they could.

Not going to happen, Wade said.

Not because he doesn't think it couldn't. But because he's not willing to take a pay cut

When I presented the option to him recently, he laughed for about five seconds before answering.

"I ain't heard that. I ain't heard that. My first time hearing that one," Wade snickered. "I got two kids, man, I got to think of them. I ain't never thought of that one. But I'm cool on that right now."

Cool. As in, frigid to the idea.

Those three players do face an interesting dynamic, though, when they sit down with their teams to negotiate a deal this summer. They obviously want to know what plans each team has for building a winner around them. But free agents are not going to sign with the team until and unless they know that Wade, for instance, will be in Miami.

It's the classic chicken and egg. Does Wade sign with the Heat before other free agents are brought in? Or does he have to see quality free agents signed before he makes a decision?

"It's the business side of it, and that is the battle we were going through a little bit this summer," Wade said. "When the offseason comes, you sit down and you see what the future is like for your organization and for yourself. I don't know what the future holds. All I know is we are going to sit down at the end of the year and have a conversation and we'll go from there.

"But it will work out if it's meant to be. And I think both sides are confident in that."
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Thats a little surprising. But some teams might have enough to offer 2 maxes, so I guess he might not have to.

Yeah you need tens of millions of dollars to support 2 kids. Gtfo.
    Dallas Mavericks
    2010 - 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    I got two kids, man, I got to think of them.
    Big fan of dwade but bro, don't need 20 mill a year to support 2 toddlers

Just pay the man and dont ask him stupid questions. geez.

Did Kobe Bryant take a pay cut so the Lakers could add talent. Bryant gets paid the most while having players like Gasol, Odom, Bynum, and Artest.

Last I checked the Celtics Big 3 of Garnett, Allen, and Pierce are being paid max money. The Magic have three players making as much as they can in Carter, Lewis, and Howard.

Dwyane Wade can’t really afford to take a pay cut. Even though he makes million it still stands to reason that he won’t be making much after he retires at the of 36 or 40. He donates a lot of money and helps a lot of causes. The money he makes now is really something he needs since he can’t play till he’s 60.

I'm sure Wade is hurting for money to take care of his kids.

Come to the Windy City

What a stupid thing to even ask Wade in the first place, they're lucky he even answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrix View Post
    Yeah you need tens of millions of dollars to support 2 kids. Gtfo.
    Yeah exactly, pretty ridiculous how the get so accustomed to these millions that they think they NEED all that money to support their family.

he doesn't need to take a paycut

Heat could still sign Bosh or Lebron without Wade taking a paycut

Quote Originally Posted by dudeonthemoon View Post
    Big fan of dwade but bro, don't need 20 mill a year to support 2 toddlers
    He doesn't get just get 20 Million. He's got to pay tax as well prepare for life after basketball. His kids will have to pay a tax on whatever D-Wade leaves his kids. Itís not as simple as making 20 Million a year. The economy doesnít look great and living in todayís world is getting kind of expensive. D-Wade is also expected to give quite a bit to charities and relief efforts around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Derick713 View Post
    Did Kobe Bryant take a pay cut so the Lakers could add talent. Bryant gets paid the most while having players like Gasol, Odom, Bynum, and Artest.

Last I checked the Celtics Big 3 of Garnett, Allen, and Pierce are being paid max money. The Magic have three players making as much as they can in Carter, Lewis, and Howard.

Dwyane Wade canít really afford to take a pay cut. Even though he makes million it still stands to reason that he wonít be making much after he retires at the of 36 or 40. He donates a lot of money and helps a lot of causes. The money he makes now is really something he needs since he canít play till heís 60.
    Good point still he could play WITH LEBRON and BOSH. They could win countless championships and create an endless supply of money just by winning.

Quote Originally Posted by DLeeicious View Post
    Yeah exactly, pretty ridiculous how they get so accustomed to these millions that they think they NEED all that money to support their family.
    Exactly. They just get accustomed to spending a **** load. They literally throw their money away.

Quote Originally Posted by Derick713 View Post
    He doesn't get just get 20 Million. He's got to pay tax as well prepare for life after basketball. His kids will have to pay a tax on whatever D-Wade leaves his kids. Itís not as simple as making 20 Million a year. The economy doesnít look great and living in todayís world is getting kind of expensive. D-Wade is also expected to give quite a bit to charities and relief efforts around the world.
    Dude, a lot of people are able to take care of their kids just fine with a 100k a year salary while still donating their share to charities.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast