Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mavs, Sixers Trade Talk?

Most of us saw the thread about Sixers' interest in TMac for Iggy and Sammy, but Houston lacked the interest in such a deal.

How about their in-state rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas definitely needs help to support Dirk, because night in and night out, Dirk does carry a huge load.

Speculation here about a trade idea which would benefit both teams and their respective needs and wants. It would be Josh Howard and Erick Dampier for Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert.

This is a HoopsWorld article, I am sorry, but it actually does make sense and doesn't promise any truth. Just good, honest thoughts and ideas for Dallas and Philadelphia.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14994

hey Travis. any legs to this Iggy to Dallas rumor? Great fit for the Mavs if it goes down. Kidd would make Sammy better for sure. Iggy and Marion on the wings would be great on both ends of the floor. would be fun to see!

Travis Heath:
    I haven't heard that it has legs, but I think it makes intuitive sense provided you're operating on the assumption that the Sixers simply want to slash payroll. Thing is, I'm not sold on Iggy. He's one heck of an athlete, but he's very inconsistent. The nice thing about potentially playing in Dallas for him, though, is that he would be, at best, a number three option on the offensive end. I think that's where he needs to be as I don't think he'll ever win big as a number one or even number two offensive option. I like the fact that he can defend when he puts his mind to it. He would be drastically overpaid as a third offensive option in Dallas, but Mark Cuban has shown time and time again that he's not afraid to spend.

Really? Who would be second before Iggy? Don't tell me Terry.

Iggy is not an answer an dalembert is horrible low IQ player
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

dalembert is not a high iq player but definatley an up grade over dampier.

iggy would be a really good addition for the mavs, imagine all the allyoops from kid to iggy.

I wouldn't trade Howard and Dampier for Iggy and Dalembert even though it's an upgrade. We're talking about 24 million in expiring contracts for only a slight upgrade.

I do think that Iggy would be a great addition though, not only is he a good all around player at the SG position, but he is NOT injury prone. He has only missed 6 games since being in the league and those 6 games all came in 06-07. He has played in all 82 games in all other seasons. He can get 18-20 ppg (something that Josh can do when he's healthy), can rebound the ball pretty well for his position, and another thing he can do better than Josh is pass the ball (he's averaging a career high at nearly 6 apg). Not to mention he's only 25.

Dalembert has one thing going for him when comparing him to Damp, he's younger. Dampier is a better rebounder, a smarter player, and is a whole lot bulkier. Dalembert may be better offensively, but not by much at all. Like I said, they're pretty much the same except Dalembert is 28 compared to Dampier (34).
    Dallas Mavericks
    2010 - 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrix View Post
    I wouldn't trade Howard and Dampier for Iggy and Dalembert even though it's an upgrade. We're talking about 24 million in expiring contracts for only a slight upgrade.

Iggy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Howard
    Dalembert >>>>>>>> Damp

I would love to see an opinion from a Sixers fan. Just to make sure this isn't a grass is greener on the other side issue for Mavs fans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

as a sixers fan... no way in hell i do this... the only reason we r giving away iggy is cuz hes the only way we can get rid of dalembert... if we get, damp, we r cancelling out giving away dalembert and getting an even worse player in return... and howard is useless 2 us besides his 10 mil contract coming off the books which doesnt even compare 2 mcgradys 23...

the mavs deal is basically
    iggy for a 10 mil expiring
    and the rockets deal is
    iggy AND Dalembert for a 23 mil expiring

and for any1 who says its only a slight upgrade for the mavs... plz god tell me u were joking

iggy is ions above howard and while dalembert mabe a dumb@$$, he is not a half bad defender/shotblocker... clearly and upgrade over dampier

Quote Originally Posted by runforrestrunx9 View Post
    as a sixers fan... no way in hell i do this... the only reason we r giving away iggy is cuz hes the only way we can get rid of dalembert... if we get, damp, we r cancelling out giving away dalembert and getting an even worse player in return... and howard is useless 2 us besides his 10 mil contract coming off the books which doesnt even compare 2 mcgradys 23...

and the rockets deal is

and for any1 who says its only a slight upgrade for the mavs... plz god tell me u were joking

iggy is ions above howard and while dalembert mabe a dumb@$$, he is not a half bad defender/shotblocker... clearly and upgrade over dampier
    Dampiers actually playing well this year and hes basically an expiring contract as well

and the rockets deal is

uhhh.... Dampier is expiring too.

Quote Originally Posted by thedfactor View Post
    Most of us saw the thread about Sixers' interest in TMac for Iggy and Sammy, but Houston lacked the interest in such a deal.

How about their in-state rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas definitely needs help to support Dirk, because night in and night out, Dirk does carry a huge load.

Speculation here about a trade idea which would benefit both teams and their respective needs and wants. It would be Josh Howard and Erick Dampier for Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert.

This is a HoopsWorld article, I am sorry, but it actually does make sense and doesn't promise any truth. Just good, honest thoughts and ideas for Dallas and Philadelphia.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14994
    lol

and the rockets deal is

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dampier is a 13 million expiring contract buddy. And he's better then Dalembert, especially this season. He's aveaging more points AND rebounds per game.
    Dallas Mavericks
    2010 - 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Sixerlover-think that's his name-usually has pretty good insight.
    But yeah-Damp is expiring as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not bad...lets do it!

Dampier is better than Dalembert but Iggy is better than Howard. Would make sense for both teams, but I don't see Philly giving up Iggy just for expiring contracts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast