Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It was smart not to take the timeout because you can only advance the ball on a made basket. If the warriors called a timeout, the ball would be taken out at the baseline under the cavs hoop or at the sideline near the cavs hoop. At that distance, it would be hard to draw up a play because you would almost have to do a half court pass to get a decent look off and it was easier to hit a transition three than to setup that kind of play. This is one of the calls i agree with by nelson.

If the warriors were going to call timeout, they should have rushed the ball across half court, then they would take it out at halfcort, but if they did so, they would only be left with around 1.0-1.5 secs to shoot the ball with a set defense as opposed to the 3.4 seconds after the missed shot. The chances of a transition three was a lot better imo.
    Last edited by sf-fanatic; 01-12-2010 at 03:56 AM.

I was at this game.... overall we were somehow where able to keep it close and it came down to a final shot. But after seeing it in person up n close... wow Lebron is favored by the refs soooooo much! Its blatantly obvious that he fouls someone and they don't call it or they dish the foul off to another Cav. Also, if anyone makes contact with him its an automatic trip to the line. Pretty lame, and really makes me look down on the league.

There were plenty of Larry chants, and people yelling asking Larry to buy the team... it was pretty funny lol. Even saw a few signs out there!

Another thing I noticed was that Mickael Pietrus was in the house!!! He was like 5 rows behind me! He came outta the tunnel late in the 1st quarter and walked through the rows for a bit before finding a couple empty seats. I know the Magic are in town playing the Kings tomorrow.... but it was awesome seeing him and waving to the fans, taking photos, and signing autographs. Hope he comes back to us!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    It was smart not to take the timeout because you can only advance the ball on a made basket. If the warriors called a timeout, the ball would be taken out at the baseline under the cavs hoop or at the sideline near the cavs hoop. At that distance, it would be hard to draw up a play because you would almost have to do a half court pass to get a decent look off and it was easier to hit a transition three than to setup that kind of play. This is one of the calls i agree with by nelson.

If the warriors were going to call timeout, they should have rushed the ball across half court, then they would take it out at halfcort, but if they did so, they would only be left with around 1.0-1.5 secs to shoot the ball with a set defense as opposed to the 3.4 seconds after the missed shot. The chances of a transition three was a lot better imo.
    Good call, I wasn't aware of that.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by robnen#31 View Post
    Actually, im not too sure about that rule. That rule i know for sure applies to running the baseline while taking it out and im pretty sure it applies to advancing the ball too but you may want to double check as im not 100% confident of the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by robnen#31 View Post
    I'm pretty sure as long you don't put the ball on the floor and dribble, you can advance the ball, even on a miss.

REALLY missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post

What this is really about is not yes or no on the time out!! The players are not prepared by the coach, supported by the coach, f***ing coached by the coach. It happens a lot, I remember the same thing with Turiaff.
    And it seems to me that NELLIE's wave down court doesn't say, "do this, do this, now," it says, "you stupid not as smart as NELLIE person, I have to tell you to do this because you are stupid."

NELLIE, the puppet master supreme, bails on his players.

King Baby James

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    I was at this game.... overall we were somehow where able to keep it close and it came down to a final shot. But after seeing it in person up n close... wow Lebron is favored by the refs soooooo much! Its blatantly obvious that he fouls someone and they don't call it or they dish the foul off to another Cav. Also, if anyone makes contact with him its an automatic trip to the line. Pretty lame, and really makes me look down on the league..... !
    He absolutely traveled on his last made basket, also. Pivot foot(remember those) up before the ball goes down. A point of emphasis for the refs to call this. And they make it a point of emphasis to call it on KJames and Kobe once or twice a season, and that shows there is no special treatment, tee hee.

Lets not keep using the Lebron traveled excuse. Everyone in the league travels, including Ellis. That play, where Fitzgerald was screaming that Lebron traveled was funny because when they looked at the replay, it was clear that he didn't travel and all he could say was...oh. Fitz is a big homer who knows very little about the game and is on Cohan's payroll. He NEVER mentions that Monta leads the league in turnovers. I also like how people want to make this out to be a good team that is losing. I forgot who the guy was, but after the game was over, they said.."Golden State played great defense." Umm...Cleveland just scored 117 points on you. I wouldn't exactly call that great defense. This team is getting out-ran by bigger teams so when will Nellie get that you don't need 5 guards out there to run the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Lets not keep using the Lebron traveled excuse. Everyone in the league travels, including Ellis. That play, where Fitzgerald was screaming that Lebron traveled was funny because when they looked at the replay, it was clear that he didn't travel and all he could say was...oh. Fitz is a big homer who knows very little about the game and is on Cohan's payroll. He NEVER mentions that Monta leads the league in turnovers. I also like how people want to make this out to be a good team that is losing. I forgot who the guy was, but after the game was over, they said.."Golden State played great defense." Umm...Cleveland just scored 117 points on you. I wouldn't exactly call that great defense. This team is getting out-ran by bigger teams so when will Nellie get that you don't need 5 guards out there to run the ball?
    They were probably referring to the 4th quarter where Golden State forced 8 turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by willsayanything View Post
    What this is really about is not yes or no on the time out!! The players are not prepared by the coach, supported by the coach, f***ing coached by the coach. It happens a lot, I remember the same thing with Turiaff.
    And it seems to me that NELLIE's wave down court doesn't say, "do this, do this, now," it says, "you stupid not as smart as NELLIE person, I have to tell you to do this because you are stupid."

NELLIE, the puppet master supreme, bails on his players.
    I'm sorry, you're dead wrong, as usual. In the huddle before the final play, Nelson told all his players that if they get the rebound to push it up the court ASAP for a 3-pointer in transition. Monta wasn't paying attention in the huddle which is why he was confused and tried to call the time out. Monta admitted all this during practice on Tuesday, and Nelson said the same thing.

Check out the vids here: http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/201...nks-interviews
    Welcome to Bluth Bananas where bananas our business may I interest you in a banana this day?

when will Nellie get that you don't need 5 guards out there to run the ball?
    When will you get that he doesn't really have any other options? Randolph and Wright are out for the rest of the season, Turiaf is hurt again, Biedrins can't even last 30 minutes, and we waived Mikki Moore, who was also injured.

But go ahead and keep believing that you know more about coaching than Don Nelson.
    Last edited by Aliengames; 01-13-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Welcome to Bluth Bananas where bananas our business may I interest you in a banana this day?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliengames View Post
    When will you get that he doesn't really have any other options? Randolph and Wright are out for the rest of the season, Turiaf is hurt again, Biedrins can't even last 30 minutes, and we waived Mikki Moore, who was also injured.

But go ahead and keep believing that you know more about coaching than Don Nelson.
    thanks... i couldn't agree more. I've said before, there are some on these forums who would blame Nelson if there was an earthquake in the middle of the game.

I stand corrected, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Aliengames View Post
    I'm sorry, you're dead wrong, as usual. In the huddle before the final play, Nelson told all his players that if they get the rebound to push it up the court ASAP for a 3-pointer in transition. Monta wasn't paying attention in the huddle which is why he was confused and tried to call the time out. Monta admitted all this during practice on Tuesday, and Nelson said the same thing.

Check out the vids here: http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/201...nks-interviews
    OK, Monte wasn't paying attention. Weigh his exp. and maturity against NELLIE's. Tell me why NELLIE is giving the play and his most important player isn't listening. Also, tell me why NELLIE doesn't know, or care to know, that Monte isn't listening--isn't 'in the huddle.'

My wife knows when I'm not listening.

And by the way, you keep harping on this Monta leads the league in turnovers thing, as if that one stat somehow nullifies the rest of the great things that he's been doing on the floor. Take a look at the rest of the top ten players on that list... what do they have in common?... oh, right, they're the best players on their teams, who get the most touches, and with maybe three exceptions (Monta, SJax and Arenas) they are all stars.

On the bright side at least you stopped posting that stupid scouting report from Montas' high school years every 4 days...

Jazz beat Cavs

I recommend Brian Windhorst's column in the Plain Dealer about the Cavs loss to the Jazz on a buzzer beater by a 10 day contracter.

It should be required reading by every Bay Area Sports Writer. Clear, energetic writing. You might say, "un-efforted." And the guy knows his way around a comma. Imagine, that.

BTW, unless Shaq is really, really pacing himself--he's done--no way he makes it to the playoffs. Has there really been Mike Brown 'COY' talk?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123