Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Pacquiao agrees to fight with 'ecstatic' Clottey

With his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. all but off, Manny Pacquiao has instead agreed to fight Joshua Clottey on March 13 at a site to be determined, Pacquiao's camp said Friday.

Clottey's manager told ESPN.com's Dan Rafael that he spoke to Pacquiao's promoter, Top Rank's Bob Arum, on Friday about the fight's details but would only confirm a "seven-figure" purse.

"Josh is ecstatic about it," Vinny Scolpino told ESPN.com. "I think we can get this done in a couple of days. He's coming home [to New York from Ghana] on Monday."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4808708

Interesting.

Better than the other guy.

clottey's is gonna get his *** whooped

I still am hoping that the Mayweather crap will still be salvaged

Quote Originally Posted by MJ-BULLS View Post
    clottey's is gonna get his *** whooped
    Couldn't beat Cotto, He'll never stand a chance with Pacman.

I'm not saying he isn't a good fighter, but Manny and Mayweather are on totally different levels IMO. But even with Mayweather you can still see him losing. Manny is not going to lose to anyone unless he fights Mayweather... and even then.

lame..

so pue tacqiuao will fight some chump and avoid a massive fight with mayweather due to blood testing? this just seals boxing's fate as being dead.

Clottey is a dangerous one, not going to be a walk in the park but I fully expect Pacquiao to win it.

Props.LgnD.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    Clottey is a dangerous one, not going to be a walk in the park but I fully expect Pacquiao to win it.
    Way to state the obvious buddy.

Clottey is going to **** Pacquiao up, Mayweather was the easier fighter for Pacquiao

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    Clottey is going to **** Pacquiao up, Mayweather was the easier fighter for Pacquiao
    Ill have what he is having please.

Make me one 2 while u at it.....lol.....

I agree Clottley couldn't touch Cotto, Cotto couldn't handle Paq so it's a no brainer...I just don't see what's the big deal with the blood test if you train hard everyday & eat right & etc.. your body is basically like Wolverines when you do this on top of no drinking & smoking so a lil blood shouldn't hurt... It just made the excitement of boxing or Manny for 2010 decline. I'm a mayweather guy but I'm really ready to see him get tested by a guy that's relentless & not afraid to whoop his *** & other than Manny I don't see it...so I hate allll this

^^Ah the ole' triangle theory, how often can that be disproved? Anyways, anyone that writes "Clottey couldn't touch Cotto" quite clearly didn't see their fight, nor any other Josh Clottey fight.

I gotta give Top Rank credit though, they're putting Pac in there without a catchweight against as rock solid a welterweight as any.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast