Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    I've said it many times, but I'm irrationally excited about Iglesias...and I'm getting there with Kelly, too.
    Same here. Kelly better not pull a Brian Rose (well, unless he gets traded beforehand.)
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Red Sox minor league outfielder Ryan Westmoreland has been diagnosed with a cavernous malformation in his brain and has taken medical leave from minor league camp to seek treatment. General Manager Theo Epstein made the announcement.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2010/03/westmoreland_on.html?camp=localsearchn:twit:sox

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    To kick off a new year of overrating and overhyping the Red Sox future, here are the top 20 Red Sox prospects as nominated by participants in the Red Sox forum:

01 Ryan Westmoreland (OF)
    02 Casey Kelly (RHP)
    03 Josh Reddick (OF)
    04 Ryan Kalish (OF)
    05 Jose Iglesias (SS)
    06 Junichi Tazawa (RHP)
    07 Anthony Rizzo (1B)
    08 Lars Anderson (1B/DH)

09 Stolmy Pimentel (LHP)
    10 Michael Bowden (RHP)
    11 Luis Exposito (C)
    12 Reymond Fuentes (OF)
    13 Derrik Gibson (2B/SS)
    14 Felix Doubront (LHP)
    15 Yamaico Navarro (SS)
    16 Michael Renfroe (3B/SS)
    17 Che-Hsuan Lin (OF)
    18 Madison Younginer (RHP)
    19 Tim Federowicz (C)
    20 Dustin Richardson (LHP)
    Rizzo over Anderson yeah i can see that!

Quote Originally Posted by The SportsKing View Post
    Rizzo over Anderson yeah i can see that!
    Is that sarcasm? 'Cause honestly I can kinda see that.

-Also, side note: it says you're in "the Kingdom." Are we talking about the Northeast Kingdom? I grew up in Caledonia County.
    Last edited by Osiagledknarf; 03-14-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Is that sarcasm? 'Cause honestl I can kinda see that.

-Also, side note: it says you're in "the Kingdom." Are we talking about the Northeast Kingdom? I grew up in Caledonia County.
    Rizzo at this point should be regarded as a better prospect than Anderson is, in my not-so-humble opinion.

Nice performances pretty much across the board from the Sox hitters who have seen action with the big club...

Hitters:
    Yamaico Navarro- .316/.350/.474
    Ryan Kalish- .273/.467/.273
    Josh Reddick- .444/.444/.778
    Che-Hsuan Lin- .273/.429/.364
    Jose Iglesias- .273/.333/.545
    Lars Anderson- .000/.143/.000
    Mark Wagner- .444/.500/.889
    Aaron Bates- .200/.278/.200
    Luis Exposito- .143/.143/.286
    Jeremy Hazelbaker- .400/.500/.400
    One thing that stands out in particular is that guys (outside of Reddick and Expo) are taking walks pretty well, which is good because for at least Navarro and Iglesias, that's a major hurdle in them taking the next step in their development.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake's Fastball View Post
    Rizzo at this point should be regarded as a better prospect than Anderson is, in my not-so-humble opinion.
    I kinda figured. Rizzo took a big step foward last year while Anderson took an equally big step back.

Is that sarcasm? 'Cause honestly I can kinda see that.

naw its not sarcasm. i just see Anderson as a fluk, Rizzo could be a Nice Hitter for this team in the future.

as for the kingdom im not from Northeast Kingdom but im from the city of champions Boston! the Kindom of sports

The SP staff went down to the minor league complex and has a pretty good run of notes on our guys.

Some of the highlights:
    Jose Vinicio showed some swagger and already looks excellent defensively, but I'm not really exaggerating when I say that the 16-year-old still has the body of a little leaguer …
    Michael Bowden showed an 89-91 mph fastball, a low-80s slider, and a 76-77 mph curveball on Saturday, when he struggled against Minnesota’s Triple-A club …
    Meanwhile, Theo Epstein was on the scene at Boston’s Player Development Complex on Saturday to see Madison Younginer and Alex Wilson … Wilson’s fastball sat at 91-92 and topped out at 94-95 mph … Younginer’s four-seamer sat between 93-95 mph, and he also mixed in an 89-90 mph two-seamer and a low-70s curveball ...
    Three hitters that really impressed with their power this weekend were Yamaico Navarro, Luis Exposito, and Will Middlebrooks, each going deep multiple times over the course of the week …
    Che-Hsuan Lin makes it look easy in center field – he should be an elite defender at the major league level …
    Stephen Fife is showing a much improved changeup - 79-81 mph with good drop and arm speed …
    Look for Oscar Tejeda to spend a lot of time at second base with Salem this year in deference to Ryan Dent …
    Roman Mendez is the real deal – his fastball sits at 92-94 mph and tops out around 96 mph with excellent life, his low-80s slider has plus potential, and he also flashed a mid-80s straight changeup with some drop …
    We caught our first live glimpses of Fuentes this week - he has a smooth, quick swing, but doesn’t generate a lot of power right now …
    Stolmy Pimentel had an up-and-down outing on Wednesday, missing a lot of bats with his changeup, but showing inconsistent command with his curveball and his fastball …
    Dent continues to show improvement defensively, head and shoulders beyond where he was two seasons ago with Lowell …
    Not much to say about Jose Iglesias’ defense that hasn’t already been said, so I’ll just say that he has the makings of an perennial Gold Glover … The shortstop also showed great bat speed and solid swing mechanics, but the big question mark this year should be how he handles advanced secondary offerings in the early going.
    The post in it's entirety http://news.soxprospects.com/2010/03...m-florida.html

Quote Originally Posted by ZioAx View Post
    Keeping my eye on Lars this season. It will be huge if he's able to bounce back.
    same here, that would be sweet

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

Mendez and Younginer in '13 - yeah

TE should feel well enough about the system to really pack up a load for Agon at the deadline.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Mendez and Younginer in '13 - yeah

TE should feel well enough about the system to really pack up a load for Agon at the deadline.
    I agree. And how is kalish so high? He is worthless, has no power whatsoever, all he can do is run and we have ellsbury who is faster and a million times better, trade kalish and a bunch of others for adrian gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by celtisox41 View Post
    I agree. And how is kalish so high? He is worthless, has no power whatsoever, all he can do is run and we have ellsbury who is faster and a million times better, trade kalish and a bunch of others for adrian gonzalez
    I don't know where you're getting the "Kalish has no power" idea from. 18 HRs in 400 ABs last year, combined with a .460 SLG% and .840 OPS are certainly pretty good power numbers from a 5-tool guy like Kalish, coupled with the fact that he was still on his way back from a bad wrist injury all last season.

In other news, Sox released the Portland roster today, and both Casey Kelly and Jose Iglesias will be starting the season with the Sea Dogs in AA.

Daniel Nava's also starting the season in AAA, a move I know a number of board members have been clamoring for. Time to see what he's made of.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast