Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suns,Timberwolves Complete Trade

The Suns traded third-year guard Alando Tucker this afternoon to Minnesota in a move that will save nearly $1 million and allow them to keep Jarron Collins on the roster.

Phoenix traded Tucker and a conditional second-round pick to Minnesota for Jason Hart, a point guard with a non-guaranteed deal that the Suns will waive. Minnesota gets the Suns' second-round pick in the June draft unless it falls in the top 40. In that case, Minnesota would receive the Cleveland second-round pick that is owed to the Suns.

The Suns will pay the remainder of Tucker's $1.07 million salary and give the Timberwolves an additional $100,000. The Suns' savings come from how much less they will be taxed for being over the luxury tax threshold.

Collins' contract becomes fully guaranteed for the season Jan. 10 but he would have to have been waived by Jan. 6. Until the Tucker trade, the Suns were carrying an extra player over the 13-man roster minimum so waiving Collins was being considered to save money.

"We felt like Jarron was a valuable player for us to keep so we'd been talking to teams," Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said. "He's a great insurance policy, as he proved early in the season. He helped win a couple games when we had foul trouble or when Robin (Lopez) was injured. He's a great teammate and mentor for Robin. It's always important to have an experienced big in the playoffs who knows what he's doing. Whether he gets in a game or not, he's valuable because of his intangibles. He's a future coach if he wants to be."

Collins has not appeared in a game since Dec. 11 and only played 15 minutes this month.

The Suns made Tucker the 29th overall pick in the 2007 draft but he had never cracked the rotation in Phoenix. This season, he fell further out of the depth chart. He already was behind Jason Richardson and Leandro Barbosa at shooting guard but the Suns also have begun to use Goran Dragic and Jared Dudley at the off-guard position too. Tucker appeared in 47 games with the Suns over 2 1/2 seasons, averaging 4.3 points on 42.2 percent shooting. He was 1 for 7 on 3-pointers in 11 games this season.

"As much as we like Alando, he's just not going to crack the rotation," Kerr said. "This gives him a fresh start."

Once the Suns waive Hart, Phoenix will be at the 13-man roster minimum with Collins and rookie Taylor Griffin, the only players whose contracts were not guaranteed for the entire season.
    this definetly swings the power of the western confrence

Wow you got me

Minnesota's gonna win it all this year.

I knew this was a fake. Why would Phoenix trade Steve Nash?

screw you, I was really scared that Suns acquired LeBron James!
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Wow... Oh man, you had me scared for a minute... I thought the GOAT Mark Blount was on the move.

Minny need to lock him up with a 5 year, $250 million contract with an extra 10 years of player options worth $40 million each year after that.
    Taylor Gang Or Teabag A Mouse Trap
    Courtesy of NYtilIdie

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    i thought amare or big al was getting traded.

your title is so misleading you need to be banned for at least a month

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnnyTroubleLC
    Follow Me on Twitter -> @JohnnyTroubleLC [strictly comedy & my daily ramblings]

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble87 View Post
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble87 View Post
    omg loosen up ur tampon and calm the *** down its a joke call the wambulance and cry to them

I'm calling this highway robbery, I mean Tucker for such a low price???? This tops the Gasol trade IMHO
    Greatness is a Virtue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast