Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are the Mavs legit contenders?

The Mavericks had an impressive win last night beating the Cavs by 7 without Dirk.
    The depth of the Mavericks was in clear view as Tim Thomas made hsi first start and dumped in a team high 22 points.

Heres the game review.

http://www.nba.com/games/20091220/CL...t2hp0020900398

Now my question is at the beginning of the season in a thread I voiced my opinion about the Mavs being legit contenders for the championship. I want to know what you all think about that idea with a third of the season done.

The Mavs are damn good with Dirk healthy, Top 5 for sure, maybe the only team to give LA trouble in the West.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Barea is flawless.

Thomas was a quiet pickup and proved solid against the Cavs. Great shooter. The team has really deep bench.

I still don't see them in the top tier of teams. Maybe top of the second tier.
    They won't beat the Cavs many times without Dirk. Stars aligned for that one.

Cavs beat them easily in Cleveland IIRC, that was WITH Dirk. It's a weird game. Mavericks are good and will make it to the 2nd round at least, after that, who knows?

They won't beat the Cavs many times without Dirk. Stars aligned for that one.
    Yeah, it def seems that way but the Mavs are legit still.

Tim Thomas is money when he's feeling it
    I've known him to be a very streaky shooter from his time with the Clippers though

Cleveland didn't play well. It was that simple. This stuff happens during an 82 game season. Tonight Cleveland came out inspired against Phoenix and they pounded the Suns on the road in the 2nd game of a back to back. Cleveland also pounded Dallas in Cleveland when Dirk was healthy.

Like a poster above said, it is a weird game sometimes. I wouldn't put too much stock into this game.

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    Cavs beat them easily in Cleveland IIRC, that was WITH Dirk. It's a weird game. Mavericks are good and will make it to the 2nd round at least, after that, who knows?

That game was just a bad experience. The Mavs were playing without Josh Howard in the game and Mo Williams couldnt freakin miss, going 7-7 from deep. The team as a whole went 9-13 from three.

I doubt that something like that happens again.

The Mavs are legit, and I'm not just using the game against the Cavs as basis.

They have been good all year long, especially Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilla11 View Post
    Tim Thomas is money when he's feeling it
    I've known him to be a very streaky shooter from his time with the Clippers though
    What do you mean by projected return?

Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post

Mavs were without Josh Howard and Erick Dampier who is quietly putting in one of his best career NBA seasons.
    Dallas Mavericks
    2010 - 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    The Mavs are damn good with Dirk healthy, Top 5 for sure, maybe the only team to give LA trouble in the West.
    i beg to differ. The Rockets give LA trouble every single time they play against each other

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrix View Post
    Mavs were without Josh Howard and Erick Dampier who is quietly putting in one of his best career NBA seasons.
    wow the mavs always have excuses huh? doesn't matter that your roster is still VERY talented without Josh Howard and Dampier...doesn't matter that your roster is more talented than most of the teams in the league even without Dirk...there's always an excuse when yall lose.

Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    i beg to differ. The Rockets give LA trouble every single time they play against each other
    The Rockets aren't a top 10 team.
    Dallas Mavericks
    2010 - 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast