Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Chronz List

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NL,CT
    Posts
    86

    Chronz List

    What does everybody thinks of Chronz list of flawed NBA cliches.

    Here they are.

    1. D'Antoni Ball = Inflated Stats = Bad Defense
    2. It doesnt matter whether you win by 2 or 20, a W is a W!!!
    3. Defense wins championships
    4. Kobe suddenly got "it", and won a title

    To be continued

    I agree with all of them.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,694
    I personally think only one is flawed

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    45,564
    I think another flawed cliche is taking a player out when they get 2 quick fouls in the 1st helps to prolong their minutes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,523
    I think you should PM him cuz I don't really care.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,903
    kobe IMO is the same now as he always was. the only difference is the players around him. he didnt just wake up and change as ppl so desperately want to believe.

    defense wins championships ala spurs, detroit, etc.nuff said

    a win at the end of the day is a win. in the finals game 7 after the worse basketball execution of the season you still won by one....great game ur still a champion...or do they make trophies with asteriks?

    d'antoni ball is up tempo(7 seconds or less) meaning more posessions per game and inflated stats. bad defense is just cuz he sucks in that department.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    Posts
    27,596
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    I think another flawed cliche is taking a player out when they get 2 quick fouls in the 1st helps to prolong their minutes
    Nobody thinks it will prolong a players minutes... its all about making sure the player is around at the end of the game if you need him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    22,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Damela View Post
    What does everybody thinks of Chronz list of flawed NBA cliches.

    Here they are.

    1. D'Antoni Ball = Inflated Stats = Bad Defense
    2. It doesnt matter whether you win by 2 or 20, a W is a W!!!
    3. Defense wins championships
    4. Kobe suddenly got "it", and won a title

    To be continued

    I agree with all of them.
    Dantoni ball does inflate stats... prime example chris duhon.

    it really doesnt matter how much you win by unless your a fantacy stats guy. a w really is a w. all that matters is how many of them you have. it determins your seating in the playoffs.

    I dont think defence alone wins championships, but its definalty a good part of the formula.

    kobe always had it. hence the 4 rings. the only time he didnt have "it" was when his suporting cast was lacking. even then he was making the playoffs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    Posts
    27,596
    1. Its true... they shoot alot faster than other teams and shooting more leads to inflated stats. I dont see how its even disputable.

    2. Depends. If you had a 20 point lead and win by 2 than thats not the same as being in a close game and pulling it out. No coach is gonna be truely happy with a 2 point win if they at one point lead by 20, but any coach will be happy if in a close game his team was able to pull out the victory.

    3. Defense does win championships. No question. The teams that couldnt stop anyone ultimately fell while the teams that played great defense move on. Happens every year.

    4. Kobe just got better teammates. Nothing miraculously happened.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,054
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUAM #21 View Post
    I think you should PM him cuz I don't really care.
    You obviously care enough to comment.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NL,CT
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUAM #21 View Post
    I think you should PM him cuz I don't really care.
    u may not care but many others do

    we shouldn't be takin shots at eachother we're both heat fans

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    20,034
    Quote Originally Posted by barreleffact View Post
    kobe IMO is the same now as he always was. the only difference is the players around him. he didnt just wake up and change as ppl so desperately want to believe.

    defense wins championships ala spurs, detroit, etc.nuff said

    a win at the end of the day is a win. in the finals game 7 after the worse basketball execution of the season you still won by one....great game ur still a champion...or do they make trophies with asteriks?

    d'antoni ball is up tempo(7 seconds or less) meaning more posessions per game and inflated stats. bad defense is just cuz he sucks in that department.
    imo kobe is better now than ever. he's improving his offhand game. ive seen it a couple of times already this season. pretty good touch from 15-18 out but still needs work.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Dantoni ball does inflate stats... prime example chris duhon.
    No...you know what I think is the reason his stats rose? How about this:
    2007-08: 22 MPG
    2008-09: 36.8 MPG

    Taking a career bench player and plunging him into the starting lineup produces better stats!? Someone alert the press.

    D'Antoni ball =/= inflated stats.

    Suns ball (specifically playing with Steve Nash as your PG) however, CAN inflate stats. The Knicks don't play anything like the PHX Suns, they don't have the personnel. (Knicks rank 28/30 in fast break points.) They don't run SSOL. The majority of their offense is in the half-court. It may just be that these players are playing better than they were the year before, an impossible to grasp concept I know.
    Last edited by madiaz3; 12-18-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    No acting here!



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    45,564
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41 View Post
    Nobody thinks it will prolong a players minutes... its all about making sure the player is around at the end of the game if you need him.
    I guess but still, more often than not it prevents players from playing the minutes they could. Like the other night with Flynn in Utah, got his 5th foul with 4 minutes left and they took him out for 2 minutes...not really worth messing up the teams rhythm for 2 minutes just to keep him in...though to be fair it all worked out in the end

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    Posts
    27,596
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    I guess but still, more often than not it prevents players from playing the minutes they could. Like the other night with Flynn in Utah, got his 5th foul with 4 minutes left and they took him out for 2 minutes...not really worth messing up the teams rhythm for 2 minutes just to keep him in...though to be fair it all worked out in the end
    Yeah I agree with you in that situation its stupid to take the player out, but if its two quick fouls in the 1st quarter or his 4th foul early in the 3rd quarter its smart to take the player out to preserve him for the end of the game.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,219
    defense wins championships. of course it does, but when teams win it when they have good offenses it is ignored, but it still remains there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •