Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Ocho: I'll be Wearing Henry's Jersey - NFLPA To Pay For Any Fine

Just saw it on his iPhone app, I'll try to get a link. He said he doesn't care how much the NFL fines him, he's doing it for a fallen teammate. Just what you'd expect from Ocho, what a guy. And if the league fines him.....

The NFL will find a way to stop it. But Ochocinco is a respected guy. He really showed his softer side and I respected him before, but now it is a lot more.
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

Well see. If he does he might not even be able to play the game since Goodell already told him no. But I'm all for it. If anyone caught his UStream earlier tonight people in the chat, including myself, were suggesting he wear a "1" over his 8 or even velcro Henry's name on his jersey. Also suggested was him wearing Henry's jersey under his own. League would only know if he removed his.
    Beep Boop

whatever tributes are planned, if the league fines anyone, it'll be a total classless move on the leagues behalf.

a friend and teammate has passed on. the league needs to look the other way this weekend.

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco wants to honor Chris Henry on Sunday by wearing his jersey. The NFL has said that Ochocinco won't be permitted to wear Henry's jersey. We've previously said that we support his efforts in this regard, even if it means that he'll be fined by the league.

Now, George Atallah of the NFL Players Association has announced on his Twitter page that the union "will cover any fine levied on [Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco] . . . and match it with a gift to our Chris Henry memorial fund."...
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-wears-no-15/

Classy move on the NFLPA's part, great to hear someone else in the league thinks its a good idea. Hope Ocho ends up wearing Slim's jersey.

I like the move.
    Beep Boop

Well NFLPA cant pay for it because its againist league rules
    but now he is saying he will not wear it because he does not want to be a distraction

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-wears-no-15/

Classy move on the NFLPA's part, great to hear someone else in the league thinks its a good idea. Hope Ocho ends up wearing Slim's jersey.
    great move!!

Just saw on NFL Countdown that Ocho won't be wearing the jersey after all, he decided it would be a distraction.

Agr├*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Dam man, i wanted him to wear it