Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Magic says LeBron will come to New York

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...E1aDUb5hBcTkTK

Magic Johnson said he believes LeBron James will decide to leave Cleveland to play for the Knicks -- but urges Knicks team president Donnie Walsh to lure "The King" by first signing a marquee free agent such as Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire.

The Hall of Fame point guard/businessman, asked by The Post for his gut feeling on LeBron in 2010, said: "I think he's going to go to New York.

"They're in the lead, they just have to make it [attractive] for him. LeBron will come to New York if he knows they're gonna win. . . . So, if they sign a free agent first, that would probably seal the deal, I believe. They should have somebody else on their radar to make him want to come."

Someone not named Dwyane Wade.

"Him and Wade can't play together, I don't care what they say, because they both dominate that ball," Magic said. "You want somebody like a Chris Bosh. . . . You want somebody like Stoudemire to go along with LeBron. You got Yao Ming, if he's healthy, I'd take a look at him as well."

Knicks fans should hope LeBron seeks out Magic's opinion -- just as Alex Rodriguez did when he was contemplating signing with the Yankees, and re-signing with them as well.

"I wouldn't say, 'Go to one place or another,' " Magic said.

But one place is the one and only place.

"He could really be a 'King' if he could revitalize the Knicks," Johnson said. "You got some of the best basketball fans in the world, and now you could be responsible for bringing a championship back to New York. Now, it's gonna take a few years, because you still gotta add more pieces. He's got more talent in Cleveland, but he can do more incredible things in New York.

"When Alex Rodriguez called me to meet with me, he flew out to Los Angeles, the first time making a decision between Boston and New York. I told him, 'This is a no-brainer, you gotta go to the Yankees. Just imagine if you win as a Yankee.' "

Then A-Rod opted out. But he quickly opted back in after another West Coast sitdown with Magic.

"I told him again, 'Can you imagine when you break the home run record as a Yankee?' " Johnson said. " 'When you're 80, people will know you as a Yankee.' "

Stoudemire would welcome a reunion with Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, his former coach in Phoenix.

"I would say for [LeBron], and knowing what he wants to accomplish, if he said he wants to be a billionaire, or close to it, you gotta go to New York," Magic said. "And I would tell him this: 'Wherever you go, sign for three or four years, and then look at the situation.'

"If you don't like it, you could go somewhere else. I think he's looking at the Knicks very, very hard. He really probably wants to go to New York, but I think he's gonna see what both teams end up doing, who has the most talent."
    Last edited by 4real; 12-12-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Magic is one of the smartest businessmen, so I respect his opinion. As for 2010 lets wait and see...

Well, gee, let's take stock here.

New York is a pathetic team, and has been for several years. They have no quality players signed beyond this season. They have no first round draft pick next year.

So, yeah, obviously that's where Lebron will go since he is more interested in winning rings than anything else.

The speculation is pointless. But I will admit that I don't see NY getting him. Miami has a boatload of cap space even after they resign Wade and NJ has a *****in' new arena coming not to mention a core of young players that actually has promise. Those are both better options for Lebron than NY. In fact, Cleveland is a much better option for him than NY.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Dr. Johnson

Magic giving the Knicks fans something to hold on to... They'll come back to reality when the best player they can sign is Tracy McGrady...
    Taylor Gang Or Teabag A Mouse Trap
    Courtesy of NYtilIdie

I see LBJ going to Chicago. They have more talent and he can continue his ideal legacy.

I prefer Joe Johnson.

Lol, I have just commented on this gak article in the Knicks forum.

Bottom line is that it is full of incorrect assumptions, it does not make any sense at all, and that Magic is talking straight out of his arse.

But hey, it is the NY Post, so what can we expect? They probably put half of these words in his mouth and misquoted the other half. Even Magic can not be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKing23 View Post
    Magic giving the Knicks fans something to hold on to... They'll come back to reality when the best player they can sign is Tracy McGrady...
    you smoke pot focker??????

No hes going to golden state!
    Best young team....best fans......best weather.....best coach.......best golf........lots of muffin........teah hes coming to golden state!

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    you smoke pot focker??????
    Who, out of the marquee free agents of 2010 is going to want to play on 25 win Knicks team???

LeBron James - No
    Chris Bosh - No
    Dwyane Wade - No
    Amare Stoudemire - No, but the most likely
    Carlos Boozer - No
    Joe Johnson - No

The Nets, Heat and Chicago all have the cap room to offer a max deal and the players I mentioned would all rather play on one of those teams, because they actually have a future. Take into account the fact that LeBron and Wade are probably gonna re-sign with their teams and you see there is a massive chance that Knicks fans are gonna be disappointed... Again.
    Courtesy of NYtilIdie

Quote Originally Posted by caddiemaster View Post
    No hes going to golden state!
    Best young team....best fans......best weather.....best coach.......best golf........lots of muffin........teah hes coming to golden state!

Those two bits cracked me up.
    Courtesy of NYtilIdie

Quote Originally Posted by TheKing23 View Post
    Who, out of the marquee free agents of 2010 is going to want to play on 25 win Knicks team???

LeBron James - No
    Chris Bosh - No
    Dwyane Wade - No
    Amare Stoudemire - No, but the most likely
    Carlos Boozer - No
    Joe Johnson - No

The Nets, Heat and Chicago all have the cap room to offer a max deal and the players I mentioned would all rather play on one of those teams, because they actually have a future. Take into account the fact that LeBron and Wade are probably gonna re-sign with their teams and you see there is a massive chance that Knicks fans are gonna be disappointed... Again.
    so he would rather go to the 2 win nets than the 8 win knick team and any argument that the the cavs are more talented than the knicks without lebron is ridiculous
    NYY-27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPS

I personally think Amare would be better suited playing alongside Lebron over Bosh, I'm not just saying that as a Raps fan. I think they'd be more dominant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSJETSKNICKS View Post
    so he would rather go to the 2 win nets than the 8 win knick team and any argument that the the cavs are more talented than the knicks without lebron is ridiculous
    You didn't fully understand my post... The other teams actually have a future. If LeBron was to leave i'm sure the Nets would be his first option. They have Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, potentially John Wall (if they get the first pick), Courtney Lee, Chris Douglas-Roberts and Terrence Williams. If they were to sign LeBron to a max contract they would still have about $9 million in cap room, enough to sign someone like Carlos Boozer.

You can't tell me LeBron would rather play with Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Toney Douglas...
    Courtesy of NYtilIdie

what i dont get is why no one ever mentions THE CLIPPERs

Big market

good CLimate

Davis, Gordon, Thontorn, GRiffin and KAMAN.

Add lebron or wade to that
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    what i dont get is why no one ever mentions THE CLIPPERs

Big market

good CLimate

Davis, Gordon, Thontorn, GRiffin and KAMAN.

Add lebron or wade to that
    Probably because of the cap room... The Clips will only have $11.1 million to offer, and can you see LeBron, Wade or Bosh taking that?
    Courtesy of NYtilIdie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast