Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. NJ Nets

R.I.P. NJ Nets

This is a eulogy to the New Jersey Nets of 2009-10 because management has left this season for dead.

http://thesportscourier.com/content/...y-nets-2009-10

Yeah.. Real sad. Dumb owner. After Kidd chose the Nets over the Spurs they repaid his loyalty with the following Big Men:

Mark Jackson
    Magloire
    Mutombo
    Mourning (the pre-Miami Heat championship talent Zo)
    Plus the fact that JASON COLLINS started as center!

So dont diss Kidd for the "migraine" issue. Its about loyalty. Kidd had plenty, front office had none.. Except maybe for real estate investors.

Chris Bosh and Rudy Gay
    #1 pick, John Wall

From the worst team in basketball to one of the elite

PG: Haris
    SG:Wall
    SF:Gay
    PF: Bosh
    C: Lopez
    6th man CDR

One sucky year for 5 years of championship contention, with the Russian buying the team, and Brooklyn being official, this team will be destined to win. They will have the highest quality of trainers with the russian owner and a deadly team.
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

the worst team almost never gets the 1st pick.

TRUE true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan2323 View Post
    x2
    Kings will vouch for that, but looking at the top 4 players drafted this year they got a steal with Evans.

That would suck if the Nets don't get a top 2 pick.
    “Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    Chris Bosh and Rudy Gay
    #1 pick, John Wall

6th man CDR

One sucky year for 5 years of championship contention, with the Russian buying the team, and Brooklyn being official, this team will be destined to win. They will have the highest quality of trainers with the russian owner and a deadly team.
    How about they get Fedor Emelianenko's trainers

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan2323 View Post
    Oh yeah I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    Chris Bosh and Rudy Gay
    #1 pick, John Wall

6th man CDR

Even if all of those things were to somehow happen, (unlikely)...I'm not sure that would even be an elite team. Who has the ball in their hands most of the time? The scoring PG? John Wall who expects to save whatever franchise he's drafted to? Rudy Gay who shoots an awful lot. The best player in Bosh? Or the number one option from the year before. I could ALMOST see it feasible with a traditional PG (like Kidd) but otherwise...uhh

Let's not forget that defensively this is one of the poorest teams ever assembled, (not to discredit Wall as I don't know enough about him but most rookies don't come in great defenders.) with the saving grace being perhaps the blocking ability of Lopez.

That team reminds me of Marbury/Crawford/Randolph/Curry. While Boston's big three and the not yet developed Rondo and Perkins is so much better a team than that unrealistic Nets team. (proper role players, lack of guys who NEED the ball, DEFENSE, veteran leadership, the list goes on...) Who's going to lead this team, the 25 year old Bosh? (good coaching staff and surrounded by vets is what lets him do it in TOR.)
    Last edited by madiaz3; 12-03-2009 at 01:40 AM.
    No acting here!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ_JKidd View Post
    Yeah.. Real sad. Dumb owner. After Kidd chose the Nets over the Spurs they repaid his loyalty with the following Big Men:

Mark Jackson
    Magloire
    Mutombo

So dont diss Kidd for the "migraine" issue. Its about loyalty. Kidd had plenty, front office had none.. Except maybe for real estate investors.
    Don't forget Mikki Moore.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Don't forget Mikki Moore.
    Well yeah hes a nobody before JKidd made him a serviceable guy. Remembered when he became a FA and he signed with Sac Town (I think over) the Nets. I dont blame him though. He needs money. Hes not like a max contract player who s future is financially secure.

This team does have talent and really kind of mind blowing they will hold this record.

Mark Jackson
    Magloire
    Mutombo

Kidd chose MONEY over the Spurs, and in the process forced his management to sign Zo for him to even think about resigning in the first place. So lets not act like Kidd is an angel....

Both sides did what they had to, nobody is at fault here. Its the natural way of the game, you build up a core and let it run its course.

Well yeah hes a nobody before JKidd made him a serviceable guy. Remembered when he became a FA and he signed with Sac Town (I think over) the Nets. I dont blame him though. He needs money. Hes not like a max contract player who s future is financially secure.
    Yeah I know...I'm a Kings fan...I hated that signing so much...it doesn't take a genius to figure out he was just a product of Kidd...most 7 footers can make open dunks. Mikki's biggest challenge was catching a ball....which he amazingly struggles with.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

I mean, he makes some decent points, but you can tell the author doesn't really follow the Nets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast