Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,754

    Why isnt Mark jackson coaching?

    seriously, if you've ever heard him commentating about the game you know that the man knows basketball inside and out. Once Phil Jackson retires i hope Lakers at least look at him

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    14,072
    Because he doesn't ****ing want to.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,520
    My guess is, is because instead of putting in is dues as an assistant, he thinks he should be given a head coaching job without any prior experience.

    No offense to Mark Jackson, I like the guy, but if you want to be a head coach, put in your dues as an assistant.

    Obviously he knows the game, but that doesn't really matter.

    Isiah Thomas knows the game as well as anybody, didn't make him a good coach. Just because he understands the game doesn't make him qualified to coach. There are numerous legends that understand and know the game, but they've been lousy coaches and GM's.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,405
    micheal jordan should coach...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stalking Bismack Biyombo
    Posts
    22,412
    Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    My guess is, is because instead of putting in is dues as an assistant, he thinks he should be given a head coaching job without any prior experience.

    No offense to Mark Jackson, I like the guy, but if you want to be a head coach, put in your dues as an assistant.

    Obviously he knows the game, but that doesn't really matter.

    Isiah Thomas knows the game as well as anybody, didn't make him a good coach. Just because he understands the game doesn't make him qualified to coach. There are numerous legends that understand and know the game, but they've been lousy coaches and GM's.
    Wes Unseld proves your point about as well as zeke
    yes I'm ****ing bitter
    Leave me alone

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Wes Unseld proves your point about as well as zeke
    yes I'm ****ing bitter
    Touche.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    My guess is, is because instead of putting in is dues as an assistant, he thinks he should be given a head coaching job without any prior experience.

    No offense to Mark Jackson, I like the guy, but if you want to be a head coach, put in your dues as an assistant.

    Obviously he knows the game, but that doesn't really matter.

    Isiah Thomas knows the game as well as anybody, didn't make him a good coach. Just because he understands the game doesn't make him qualified to coach. There are numerous legends that understand and know the game, but they've been lousy coaches and GM's.
    Yep.

    Knowing the game isn't enough to be a successful coach. You have to have certain leadership skills/qualities with that knowledge.

    Some people are not good at managing different personalities and such.

    I like Mark Jackson too, but I don't see him coaching unless a team is really desperate for a coach. Most teams will take the coach with the best resume and best game plan.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,801
    Better yet, why doesn't ESPN team him and JVG anymore?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fort Lupton, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    12,684
    He doesn't want to coach. If he did he would've started as an assistant and worked his way up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    5,295
    Quote Originally Posted by thedfactor View Post
    Better yet, why doesn't ESPN team him and JVG anymore?
    i was wondering the same thing and that chick in your sig is hot who is she?
    Gibby
    "OMG! I'm this wide open?"

    Thanks to Kingbrentg

    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Ace's knowledge of sports turns me on.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    micheal jordan should coach...
    hes already doing a great job as a GM

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA,CA
    Posts
    5,860
    because he would suck as a coach

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    32,077
    Quote Originally Posted by sofargone View Post
    hes already doing a great job as a GM
    Common misconception. Rod Higgins is the GM of the Bobcats and Larry Brown pretty much gets the guys he wants anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Granite Falls, MN
    Posts
    2,494
    He was a leading candidate for the Wolves job but it was a safer bet with Rambis. I'm sure he'll get his shot sooner or later.

    The real question is "Why isn't Herb Williams a head coach?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •