Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Who will the Cardinals trade for Dontrelle Willis?

Good question, huh? I bet ya'll are stumped. If the Cardinals don't trade Anthony Reyes to the Pirates for Craig Wilson. It will be..

Adam Wainwright, Anthony Reyes, extra cash. But that's my guess.

Nobody, he isnt available, we have gone over this a dozen times.

the Cardinals dont have enough pieces in their minor leagues to get Dontrelle Willis if they wanted to. They dont have the right pieces either to get him.

Plus the marlins have said no already to multiple teams that have been calling them week after week.

How many of these threads have to be created before you guys realize Willis is not going to this team?

If he goes anywhere the Cardinals will be pretty far down the line from other teams w/much deeper farm systems that can, and will offer more for Dontrelle.

Dontrelle Willis may not be available, NOW! But I just can't see the Marlins turning a deaf ear come July and the trading deadline to AT LEAST listen to offers.
    Eichel Tower

Ok even if Dontrelle did come available, The teams I see likely to get him are the Yanks or the BOSOX. I really can't see a small market team getting him. OH yeah and I'm also going to say that the Front runner for that trade will be the Angels though. With all of the top notch prospects they have, i'd be sure to bet that they'd come up with the winning offer for the Dontrelle Sweepstakes.
    But I don't think he will be traded just yet this year.

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544
    Ok even if Dontrelle did come available, The teams I see likely to get him are the Yanks or the BOSOX. I really can't see a small market team getting him. OH yeah and I'm also going to say that the Front runner for that trade will be the Angels though. With all of the top notch prospects they have, i'd be sure to bet that they'd come up with the winning offer for the Dontrelle Sweepstakes.
    But I don't think he will be traded just yet this year.
    yanks and soxs dont have the pieces but I am sure they would offer up pretty much the pick of whatever they do have.

not sure if it is true or not but Ken Rosenthal from the sporting news said the fish turned down verlander and granderson. If we turned down an offer like that then someone will need to truly break the bank.

Arizona
    LAA
    LAD
    Tampa
    all have the prospects we would need, so it needs to be one of them.

Angels and the D'Backs are the two teams i'd look to see Willis sweepstakes pick up. Those two teams will be striking up "RICH" offers for Willis. Arizona would love to have a good lefty behind Brandon Webb and LA ANGELS would love to have Willis to go along with Colon and their pitching staff they have.

Wouldnt it be Irony in a way Willis on Arizona? Webb is whom was second in the RoY in 2003. That would be a fun locker room talk. Then again Willis is the type of kid nobody can dislike him.

But I would take a Weaver + Wood+ Mathis deal or a Drew + Chris Young + Montero deal

Either are pretty nice if we must part with him.

Quote Originally Posted by StLFan10
    Good question, huh? I bet ya'll are stumped. If the Cardinals don't trade Anthony Reyes to the Pirates for Craig Wilson. It will be..

Adam Wainwright, Anthony Reyes, extra cash. But that's my guess.
    Well, about the only guy on the Pirates, hitter wise that I would even consider giving a top prospect for is Jason Bay. I sure wouldn't give up Reyes for Craig Wilson.
    Eichel Tower

hahahaha

good joke....

it ill b better if u addressed with some pics

Quote Originally Posted by veinman View Post
    hahahaha

good joke....

it ill b better if u addressed with some pics
    Why is god's name did you bump a thread almost 3 years old? Plus, what the hell are you even talking about? I wish I had the power to ban you right now....
    Last edited by cardinals1226; 11-12-2008 at 02:40 PM.