Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Baseball-Reference

I know most people use this website for baseball stats.

Now i love how they fixed up the site and now it has all these cool features but am i the only one that hates how you have to scroll down now to get to whatever player's stats you want after doing a google search?

Before the switch it came up first thing whenever you searched a players name but now its like at half the page

Just wondering if anybody else noticed this?

/rant.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I never noticed, but I usually just go directly to www.baseball-reference.com if I want to look up a player's stats.

I always google the player's name, followed by "reference," so I don't mind. You should do the same, no big deal.

Excellent site.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

Yeah I have noticed that too. I now usually type in the players name then type "stats". For example: "Derek Jeter stats" and Baseball Reference.com is like the top 3 to come up.

It's a great site, only cite I use for stats.

Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Yeah I have noticed that too. I now usually type in the players name then type "stats". For example: "Derek Jeter stats" and Baseball Reference.com is like the top 3 to come up.

It's a great site, only cite I use for stats.
    It is a great site, but shouldnt be the only one you use. Try fangraphs and statcorner. They have all the basic stats such as avg, hrs, rbis, era etc. But as alot of advanced stats also. The only ones they dont have that i use on a reg basis that BR has is OPS+ and ERA+

^^ Agreed.

I only use baseball reference to compare a player's age with his production at those ages.

Fangraphs and Statcorner are way better.

Add the players name then put reference after it.....
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

It's a really good site, been helpful in a lot of research that I've been doing.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

One of my professor's created the site

I have it in my Firefox search bar, so all I have to do is pick that site from the drop down menu, type in the players name, and ta-da, I have his stats. Very convenient.

If I'm looking for someone's slash line, or their slash line or counting stats for a certain stretch of years or games, or their splits, it's the only site I use. They have a ton of info there.

If I'm looking for something more advanced.. WAR, wOBA, tRA, FIP, or Pitch Values or Batted Ball data or whatever, FanGraphs is what I use. I just wish the search I had in the Firefox search bar actually worked for them like it does for BR.

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

Kinsm is offline Kick'em when they're down
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    It is a great site, but shouldnt be the only one you use. Try fangraphs and statcorner. They have all the basic stats such as avg, hrs, rbis, era etc. But as alot of advanced stats also. The only ones they dont have that i use on a reg basis that BR has is OPS+ and ERA+
    x2

Baseballcube is a good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I have it in my Firefox search bar, so all I have to do is pick that site from the drop down menu, type in the players name, and ta-da, I have his stats. Very convenient.

If I'm looking for someone's slash line, or their slash line or counting stats for a certain stretch of years or games, or their splits, it's the only site I use. They have a ton of info there.

If I'm looking for something more advanced.. WAR, wOBA, tRA, FIP, or Pitch Values or Batted Ball data or whatever, FanGraphs is what I use. I just wish the search I had in the Firefox search bar actually worked for them like it does for BR.
    I didnt know about the Firefox add-on thats pretty neat.

Thanks for the headsup

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller