Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Picks

Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    not a mess up i hate both teams and i hate the pats the most and the bucs are one of my fav teams

from Week 7 picks-Page 8

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...6#post11193356
    Ok, well it's fairly obvious you hate the Pats and Colts. I could've guessed that without reading your post.

But you still didn't answer my question, are these predictions that you've been making (not necessarily this weeks but the ones where you picked the titans over the colts and pats or where you picked the rams over the colts, and tampa over the pats) what you actually think will happen or what you want to happen?

Like did you actually really believe the Titans would beat the Pats or that the Colts would lose to the Rams? Or are those predictions made with a strong rooting interest with no objectiveness involved?

For example, I hate (but respect) the Colts and I certainly would have loved it if they lost to the Rams but I'm not stupid enough to believe that they were actually going to lose that game. So if I were to make predictions based on what I wanted to happen then I'd have the Colts losing to the Rams but if I were to make predictions on what I actually think would happen, then no way in hell would I put the Colts losing that game.

Now if you actually did believe that the Pats and Colts were going to lose those games, would you have been willing to put a lot of money on it?
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lakersfan211 View Post
    dolphins have a chance because i think the pats are overrated .
    Idk about that. There's not a lot of people who actually think much of the Pats right now (at least I've noticed on this site) so I don't know how you think they are overrated.

BAL @ CIN 1:00 PM- This game is a tough one. Cincy is at home and they've already beaten the Ravens on the road. However, looking at the pattern of Cincy so far suggests they will have a rough game. They looked good against the steelers, than barely squeaked by Cleveland, then looked good against the Ravens, then lost to the Texans, then looked good against the Bears, then....so does this mean we're in for a disappointment? Probably not since they had their bye last week and they're going to get "up" for this game. But Baltimore looked really good against Denver last week, especially their defense. I think they pull it out in a close game. I'll say 24-21 Ravens.

MIA @ NE 1:00 PM- Teams have started to figure out the wildcat. The Saints stuffed it in the 2nd half and the Jets stuffed it last game. The Patriots run defense has not looked the greatest this year, so that should be an interesting matchup. However, I expect New England to stack the box and make Henne beat them which I don't see happening. I'm not really sure what to make of Brady, his throws in the last 2 games certainly looked more accurate than earlier in the year and I think he is getting better with each week but I can't discount the fact that the last two opponents have been cupcakes. Still, throwing 5 TDs in a quarter into the wind in a snowstorm is tough against anyone, I don't care if they have the worst secondary ever. With that being said, the Dolphins have a pretty good defense. Should be a good tough hard fought game. Pats win 24-16.

ARI @ CHI 1:00 PM- The underrated game of the week which no one seems to be talking about. The Cardinals and Bears are both 4-3. The Bears probably need this more since they're in the tougher division and it appears the 2 wildcards are going to come out of the NFC East. The Cardinals look like they should be winning their division again but it's still to early to count out the 49ers. So this could definitely be an important game for both teams. I think Arizona's offense is going to be a little too much to handle for Chicago, especially after that performance against the Panthers last week. Arizona wins 31-21.

WAS @ ATL 1:00 PM- Too bad for Washington that Atlanta didn't actually beat the Saints last week, they might have been able to catch Atlanta off guard, not that it would have mattered since Washington is pretty awful. Falcons take out last weeks frustrations on the skins, 41-10

GB @ TB 1:00 PM- Ditto, Packers win big 42-17

HOU @ IND 1:00 PM- The Colts just played a tough game against the 49ers so the chance of getting Indy off guard isn't very high for the Texans. Statistically, the Colts have the best defense in the NFL but is it really that good? One look at their schedule and you really have to think about that. We'll find out in this game. The Texans have been playing well of late and will probably give Indy a run for their money but since its in Indy, I don't see the upset happening, especially considering the Colts just came off of an unimpressive performance against the 49ers. Colts by 2 scores, 38-28.

KC @ JAC 1:00 PM- Really? Do I have to make a prediction for this game? What an awful game. Not in the least bit interesting. Jags win, 28-14 and Maurice Jones Drew has a nice fantasy game which is about the only thing worth paying attention to in this game.

CAR @ NO 4:05 PM- I don't know what to make of this game. I don't know if Carolina is back to playing the way they were last year or if last week was just a mirage. A plus for the Panthers is they do have the best pass defense in the NFL (yes it is true, hard to believe but true). They are going to really need it against Brees and Co. If their running game can produce and keep the Saints offense off the field, they have a chance. Of course, considering their QB has been a turnover machine this year, it makes me question whether they can actually win this game. Delhomme is really going to have to take care of the ball because giving the ball away to the Saints offense is like asking to be run over by a truck. It should help the Panthers that the Saints are coming off of a big win against the Falcons and they might be able to catch the Saints off guard. The Saints better not relax though because Carolina does have the ability to win this game. Since it's in the Dome, i'll say Saints 34-21.

DET @ SEA 4:05 PM- Hmm, another boring game. At least the Jags-Chiefs game has a decent fantasy option in MJD, but what does this game have? Calvin Johnson would be a decent option if his QB wasn't pitiful. I'll pick the home team with a random score of 12-5 because I could care less.

TEN @ SF 4:15 PM- Watch out San Fran, the Vince Young train is coming at you. However, I'll say the 49ers stop the Vince Young train and turn it into a trainwreck. Who knows, by the end of the game Titans fans might be wishing for Kerry Collins and his -7 passing yards. Luckily for the Titans, the 49ers don't have the offense to turn this into a rout, so I'll say it actually is a decent low scoring game, 13-10 49ers. Fantasy owners of Chris Johnson, look somewhere else this week, he's going to get stuffed.

SD @ NYG 4:15 PM- Should be a really good game. The Giants haven't looked very good recently but I think part of that is due to the fact that Eli is still injured. He injured his foot in week 4 and since then the Giants have gone 1-3 and Eli has thrown 6 of his 8 INTs. He's not going to get magically healthy all of a sudden this week against the Chargers, so I expect him to struggle again. The Giants have also had some defensive issues but the Chargers are also pretty 1 dimensional, they don't have much of a running game anymore which has been the problem for the Giants defense. The Giants pass defense is 3rd in the NFL so that should be a good matchup between their D and Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates and company. If the Chargers are able to establish their running game, they should win this easily but since they won't, it'll be a closer game. Chargers win 24-17.

DAL @ PHI 8:20 PM- The game of the week. Dallas has not played well in Philadelphia recently but I think this will be a good game. I think these teams split the series with each team winning at home. Romo is playing really well now but so is McNabb. Both teams have powerful offenses with good defenses. I expect the offenses to prevail. With the leagues rules creating a more offensive oriented league, offenses in the regular season are winning more and more now. Defenses are having a much harder time stopping teams now. (I actually did a statistical analysis and found that for this year so far, points scored per game correlates more with winning than points allowed per game, but of course thats only through the first 7 weeks of the year) However, takeaways are going to be very important in this game. I think the Eagles with the turnover battle and win the game in a shootout 34-31.

Mon, Nov 09

PIT @ DEN 8:30 PM- Denver did not look very good last week against the Ravens but every team is allowed a bad week. The question is will it become two bad weeks. Pittsburgh is starting to look like the defending Super Bowl champs after a rough start. Should be a great matchup between the Steelers passing offense and the Broncos pass defense. I think the Broncos offense is going to really struggle to score points though. This game is in Denver though compared to last week where they played in Baltimore. Denver is always a tough place to play in but I expect the Steelers to win. I think Pittsburgh scores enough points in a defensive struggle to win by 2 scores, 20-10.

I also chose the Buccaneers to upset the PAckers........ just sayin it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Ok, well it's fairly obvious you hate the Pats and Colts. I could've guessed that without reading your post.

But you still didn't answer my question, are these predictions that you've been making (not necessarily this weeks but the ones where you picked the titans over the colts and pats or where you picked the rams over the colts, and tampa over the pats) what you actually think will happen or what you want to happen?

Like did you actually really believe the Titans would beat the Pats or that the Colts would lose to the Rams? Or are those predictions made with a strong rooting interest with no objectiveness involved?

For example, I hate (but respect) the Colts and I certainly would have loved it if they lost to the Rams but I'm not stupid enough to believe that they were actually going to lose that game. So if I were to make predictions based on what I wanted to happen then I'd have the Colts losing to the Rams but if I were to make predictions on what I actually think would happen, then no way in hell would I put the Colts losing that game.

Now if you actually did believe that the Pats and Colts were going to lose those games, would you have been willing to put a lot of money on it?
    everything except the pats and colts games are predictions saying the colts or pats win makes me sick to my stomach

Idk about that. There's not a lot of people who actually think much of the Pats right now (at least I've noticed on this site) so I don't know how you think they are overrated.
    some experts still overate them .

Quote Originally Posted by lakersfan211 View Post
    some experts still overate them .
    and some experts underrate them because they despise them, so it all evens out.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    everything except the pats and colts games are predictions saying the colts or pats win makes me sick to my stomach
    Ok, thats fine (I personally don't understand it but I have no problem with it) but if I were you then I just wouldn't bother to pick those game then, it hurts your overall record

BAL @ CIN = Ravens
    MIA @ NE = Patriots
    ARI @ CHI = Cardinals
    WAS @ ATL = Falcons
    GB @ TB = Packers
    HOU @ IND = Indy
    KC @ JAC = Jaguars
    CAR @ NO = Saints
    DET @ SEA = Seahawks
    TEN @ SF = 49ers
    SD @ NYG = Giants
    DAL @ PHI = Eagles
    PIT @ DEN = Steelers
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

BAL @ CIN = Ravens
    MIA @ NE = Patriots
    ARI @ CHI = Cardinals
    WAS @ ATL = Falcons
    GB @ TB = Packers
    HOU @ IND =Ind
    KC @ JAC = Jaguars
    CAR @ NO = Car
    DET @ SEA = Seahawks
    TEN @ SF = Ten
    SD @ NYG = Chargers
    DAL @ PHI = Eagles
    PIT @ DEN = Den

Quote Originally Posted by Pensx3 View Post
    BAL @ CIN = Ravens (tough game, but the Ravens seem to be back on track after the dominsting game vs. Den)

MIA @ NE = Patriots (they are on a roll again, but lets see them play someone good and win a couple in a row (after they dominated TB and TEN)

ARI @ CHI = Bears (no team from the nfc west deserves to go to the playoffs)

WAS @ ATL = Falcons (should not be a game)

GB @ TB = Packers (freebie for the pack)

HOU @ IND = Indy (but i think it will be close)

KC @ JAC = Jaguars (a reaaaalllly easy game at homer, but the jags somehow lost to ten last week)

CAR @ NO = Saints (really nothin to say, but car did play well and if they win this game, they would be alive in the nfc, but i dont see them pullin off this upset)

DET @ SEA = Seahawks (seattle, but they suck this year)

TEN @ SF = 49ers (everyone seemed to think they were for real, but they are a below average team...but if they win, back in the nfc west race)

SD @ NYG = Giants hard to pick them, but i cant see them losing so many games in a row, but this is a toss up)

DAL @ PHI = Cowboys (i think they are the best overall team in the east)

PIT @ DEN = Steelers i just hawve a feeling the steelers dominate the broncos..we have won 4 straight and our defense is playing great. Plus, we have 2 weeks to prepare for this game(
    You talk like its easy to beat the Titans in LP. The Jags have struggled there. Think before you speak.

under what circumstances could tampa bay possibly beat gb this week??

especially with freeman getting his first career start

you guys really think there offense could outscore ours??

id like to hear someone explain this instead of just throwing out crazy predictions

Quote Originally Posted by braun_is_g8d View Post
    under what circumstances could tampa bay possibly beat gb this week??

especially with freeman getting his first career start

you guys really think there offense could outscore ours??

id like to hear someone explain this instead of just throwing out crazy predictions
    The Packers have had some dreadful play-calling this season, that can cost you a game against anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensx3 View Post
    ARI @ CHI = Bears (no team from the nfc west deserves to go to the playoffs)
    I think that every team in the NFC would think otherwise after last season...

Soon...

BAL @ CIN 1:00 PM- This game is a tough one. Cincy is at home and they've already beaten the Ravens on the road. However, looking at the pattern of Cincy so far suggests they will have a rough game. They looked good against the steelers, than barely squeaked by Cleveland, then looked good against the Ravens, then lost to the Texans, then looked good against the Bears, then....so does this mean we're in for a disappointment? Probably not since they had their bye last week and they're going to get "up" for this game. But Baltimore looked really good against Denver last week, especially their defense. I think they pull it out in a close game. I'll say 24-21 Ravens.

MIA @ NE 1:00 PM- Teams have started to figure out the wildcat. The Saints stuffed it in the 2nd half and the Jets stuffed it last game. The Patriots run defense has not looked the greatest this year, so that should be an interesting matchup. However, I expect New England to stack the box and make Henne beat them which I don't see happening. I'm not really sure what to make of Brady, his throws in the last 2 games certainly looked more accurate than earlier in the year and I think he is getting better with each week but I can't discount the fact that the last two opponents have been cupcakes. Still, throwing 5 TDs in a quarter into the wind in a snowstorm is tough against anyone, I don't care if they have the worst secondary ever. With that being said, the Dolphins have a pretty good defense. Should be a good tough hard fought game. Pats win 24-16.

ARI @ CHI 1:00 PM- The underrated game of the week which no one seems to be talking about. The Cardinals and Bears are both 4-3. The Bears probably need this more since they're in the tougher division and it appears the 2 wildcards are going to come out of the NFC East. The Cardinals look like they should be winning their division again but it's still to early to count out the 49ers. So this could definitely be an important game for both teams. I think Arizona's offense is going to be a little too much to handle for Chicago, especially after that performance against the Panthers last week. Arizona wins 31-21.

WAS @ ATL 1:00 PM- Too bad for Washington that Atlanta didn't actually beat the Saints last week, they might have been able to catch Atlanta off guard, not that it would have mattered since Washington is pretty awful. Falcons take out last weeks frustrations on the skins, 41-10

GB @ TB 1:00 PM- Ditto, Packers win big 42-17

HOU @ IND 1:00 PM- The Colts just played a tough game against the 49ers so the chance of getting Indy off guard isn't very high for the Texans. Statistically, the Colts have the best defense in the NFL but is it really that good? One look at their schedule and you really have to think about that. We'll find out in this game. The Texans have been playing well of late and will probably give Indy a run for their money but since its in Indy, I don't see the upset happening, especially considering the Colts just came off of an unimpressive performance against the 49ers. Colts by 2 scores, 38-28.

KC @ JAC 1:00 PM- Really? Do I have to make a prediction for this game? What an awful game. Not in the least bit interesting. Jags win, 28-14 and Maurice Jones Drew has a nice fantasy game which is about the only thing worth paying attention to in this game.

CAR @ NO 4:05 PM- I don't know what to make of this game. I don't know if Carolina is back to playing the way they were last year or if last week was just a mirage. A plus for the Panthers is they do have the best pass defense in the NFL (yes it is true, hard to believe but true). They are going to really need it against Brees and Co. If their running game can produce and keep the Saints offense off the field, they have a chance. Of course, considering their QB has been a turnover machine this year, it makes me question whether they can actually win this game. Delhomme is really going to have to take care of the ball because giving the ball away to the Saints offense is like asking to be run over by a truck. It should help the Panthers that the Saints are coming off of a big win against the Falcons and they might be able to catch the Saints off guard. The Saints better not relax though because Carolina does have the ability to win this game. Since it's in the Dome, i'll say Saints 34-21.

DET @ SEA 4:05 PM- Hmm, another boring game. At least the Jags-Chiefs game has a decent fantasy option in MJD, but what does this game have? Calvin Johnson would be a decent option if his QB wasn't pitiful. I'll pick the home team with a random score of 12-5 because I could care less.

TEN @ SF 4:15 PM- Watch out San Fran, the Vince Young train is coming at you. However, I'll say the 49ers stop the Vince Young train and turn it into a trainwreck. Who knows, by the end of the game Titans fans might be wishing for Kerry Collins and his -7 passing yards. Luckily for the Titans, the 49ers don't have the offense to turn this into a rout, so I'll say it actually is a decent low scoring game, 13-10 49ers. Fantasy owners of Chris Johnson, look somewhere else this week, he's going to get stuffed.

SD @ NYG 4:15 PM- Should be a really good game. The Giants haven't looked very good recently but I think part of that is due to the fact that Eli is still injured. He injured his foot in week 4 and since then the Giants have gone 1-3 and Eli has thrown 6 of his 8 INTs. He's not going to get magically healthy all of a sudden this week against the Chargers, so I expect him to struggle again. The Giants have also had some defensive issues but the Chargers are also pretty 1 dimensional, they don't have much of a running game anymore which has been the problem for the Giants defense. The Giants pass defense is 3rd in the NFL so that should be a good matchup between their D and Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates and company. If the Chargers are able to establish their running game, they should win this easily but since they won't, it'll be a closer game. Chargers win 24-17.

DAL @ PHI 8:20 PM- The game of the week. Dallas has not played well in Philadelphia recently but I think this will be a good game. I think these teams split the series with each team winning at home. Romo is playing really well now but so is McNabb. Both teams have powerful offenses with good defenses. I expect the offenses to prevail. With the leagues rules creating a more offensive oriented league, offenses in the regular season are winning more and more now. Defenses are having a much harder time stopping teams now. (I actually did a statistical analysis and found that for this year so far, points scored per game correlates more with winning than points allowed per game, but of course thats only through the first 7 weeks of the year) However, takeaways are going to be very important in this game. I think the Eagles with the turnover battle and win the game in a shootout 34-31.

Mon, Nov 09

PIT @ DEN 8:30 PM- Denver did not look very good last week against the Ravens but every team is allowed a bad week. The question is will it become two bad weeks. Pittsburgh is starting to look like the defending Super Bowl champs after a rough start. Should be a great matchup between the Steelers passing offense and the Broncos pass defense. I think the Broncos offense is going to really struggle to score points though. This game is in Denver though compared to last week where they played in Baltimore. Denver is always a tough place to play in but I expect the Steelers to win. I think Pittsburgh scores enough points in a defensive struggle to win by 2 scores, 20-10.
    Lol I think you read to much into getting people off guard. I agree with all your picks except I think Dallas and NY get it done this week. I know it Dallas's Rap to go in to philly and get demolished but they are playing like legit contenders.
    Also I think Tuck and Umeyora finally get to the QB and force Lt Sproules to run at them. I also like Eli at home this week I blame his past f ailures more to personal insecurities and poor play calling. His confidence will be up and he should be ready to rock.

Also I think toughest game to pick other then dallas vs philly is ARZ VS CHI I took arz but im not confident lol.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast