Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Picks

Quote Originally Posted by HesterTrain View Post
    Forte had 120 yards combined with Rushing and receiving and 2 TD's. Not too shabby. Cards should give the Bears D a fit, but I feel the Bears can pull this one out.
    meant rushing.

I think the raiders can pull an upset on the bye week

man I hope there ready

Well, last week was not good, going 7-6. But it's still above .500 and on the year im 19-7
    so I need to bounce back this week.

BAL @ CIN 1:00 PM- This is going to be a good one. The Bengals are a good football team, but they already shocked Baltimore once, and if there is anything harder to do than beat a good team once, its beating a good team twice. Baltimore in a close one.

MIA @ NE 1:00 PM- I think Miami will be able to score points, BUT going up against Tom Brady is no small task. I think Miami will be able to put up points, just not enough. New England by 2 scores.

ARI @ CHI 1:00 PM- Honestly, right now I just don't believe in Chicago. They just don't impress me. While Arizona looked bad last week, I think they just will score too much for Da Bears.

WAS @ ATL 1:00 PM- Atlanta is a good football team.....All that aside, they are playing Washington. Atlanta easy.

GB @ TB 1:00 PM- Green Bay, they are playing Tampa....Nuff Said

HOU @ IND 1:00 PM- Indianapolis is too strong of a football team. They have proven this year that they can play in defensive sluggfests and offensive shootouts, and win them both. Look for Houston to put up a fight, but Peyton will find a way to get the Colts to 8-0.

KC @ JAC 1:00 PM- Both teams have played pretty crappy this year, but I just don't see KC going on the road anywhere and winning. Jags, but closer then most think.

CAR @ NO 4:05 PM- "Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat them Saints?" That was the chant last night after MNF in the big easy. And all I can say is...Thats one hell of a good question? I don't know "who dey" is, but it sure as heck isn't Carolina. New Orleans by 2 scores.

DET @ SEA 4:05 PM- Detroit lost to the Rams....The Rams for crying out loud. That would be like Detroit losing to.....themselvs. Not good. And Seattle may not be great, but I think they are better then most think. I'm taking Seattle.

TEN @ SF 4:15 PM- UPSET ALERT!!! The 49ers are still a good team, but they have lost 3 in a row, and are facing a Titans team that has some renewed confidence. I'm going to take the Titans on the road in a close one.

SD @ NYG 4:15 PM- The Giants have just looked bad recently. I pick them to win and they lose. So maybe this week since I'm picking them to lose they will win, but I don't think so. San Diego hasn't looked all that much better, but I'm really looking for Rivers to have a big showing on the road, and also looking for Eli to probably continue struggeling with his confidence. Chargers in a close one.

GAME OF THE WEEK

DAL @ PHI 8:20 PM- Biggest game of the year thus far for both teams. I know the Eagles were able to gain a slight lead in the NFC East with their win over the Giants last week, but this week they fight to keep it. There is no love lost between these two teams. The Cowboys are looking to avenge a 44-6 beat down they had to take last time they visited Philly. Romo has been playing lights out since his rough stretch to start the season. In his last 3 games he has thrown for a combined 918 yards, 63% completion, 9.38 yards per pass, 8tds and 0ints. Both teams seem to be clicking really well right now, but look for Romo to continue to play great and continue to prove that he has grown as the QB for America's team. I'm taking Dallas 31-30.

Mon, Nov 09

PIT @ DEN 8:30 PM- Denver went up against the first physically dominate deffense they have played against this year, and they got it handed to them. Now they play another team, that is just as good, if not better on D, and a better offense to boot. I'm going with the Steelers in another close one.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    BAL @ CIN
    MIA @ NE
    ARI @ CHI
    WAS @ ATL
    GB @ TB
    HOU @ IND
    KC @ JAC
    CAR @ NO
    DET @ SEA
    TEN @ SF
    SD @ NYG
    DAL @ PHI
    PIT @ DEN

6-7 last week and 67-49 overall
    Aren't you the same person who picked the Titans over the Pats (hahaha, how'd that work out) and Tampa over the Pats (hahaha again) as well as picking the Rams and Titans over the Colts (again, excellent picks.....)? Still smokin crack huh?

No offense but it's kinda hard to take your predictions seriously when you constantly pick against the colts and pats. I mean it's a no wonder you have a losing record and your record overall isn't that great.

You can't seriously believe the Pats and Colts are going to lose every week? (I'll give you this week, it's not so far fetched considering they both play decent teams, although the chances of BOTH of them losing has got to be pretty low)

Are these predictions you're making or what you want to happen?
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 11-04-2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Aren't you the same person who picked the Titans over the Pats (hahaha, how'd that work out) and Tampa over the Pats (hahaha again) as well as picking the Rams and Titans over the Colts (again, excellent picks.....)? Still smokin crack huh?

No offense but it's kinda hard to take your predictions seriously when you constantly pick against the colts and pats. I mean it's a no wonder you have a losing record and your record overall isn't that great.

You can't seriously believe the Pats and Colts are going to lose every week? (I'll give you this week, it's not so far fetched considering they both play decent teams, although the chances of BOTH of them losing has got to be pretty low)

Are these predictions you're making or what you want to happen?
    did you read my reply? or are you one of those people who assume they know what everybody s gotta say without listening to them first?

Sunday November 8th
    Washington Redskins @ Atlanta Falcons
    Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears
    Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts
    Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots
    Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints
    Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks
    Tennessee Titans @ San Francisco 49ers
    San Diego Chargers @ New York Giants*
    Dallas Cowboys @ Philadlphia Eagles

Monday November 9th
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

Season: 79-37
    Last Week: 7-6

*:- I think the Giants are going to pull it back this season, they'd better not let me down again this week

Washington Redskins @ Atlanta Falcons
    Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears
    Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts
    Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots
    Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints
    Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks
    Tennessee Titans @ San Francisco 49ers
    San Diego Chargers @ New York Giants
    Dallas Cowboys @ Philadlphia Eagles
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    did you read my reply? or are you one of those people who assume they know what everybody s gotta say without listening to them first?
    I did not get a chance to read your reply. Which thread was it in? Or you can just tell me what it is.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by urlachermess View Post
    arg i have warner and fitz in my fantasy league but playing my bears..
    that's rough. at least it will somewhat be a win/win for you.

Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    I did not get a chance to read your reply. Which thread was it in? Or you can just tell me what it is.
    not a mess up i hate both teams and i hate the pats the most and the bucs are one of my fav teams

from Week 7 picks-Page 8

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...6#post11193356

79-37 for the year

BAL @ CIN 1:00 PM - Baltimore is still fighting for it's season but Cincy is the real deal. This Cincy team is good and last year was not a representation of the team. Cincy wins this one at home and Baltimore is all but out of the playoff picture.

MIA @ NE 1:00 PM - A young Dolphin QB winning in NE is not happening. Close game but NE will find a way to win

ARI @ CHI 1:00 PM - Arizona is better on the road then at home Which AZ team shows up? I think the high powered one...

WAS @ ATL 1:00 PM - ATL can take out their frustrations on the dead skins

GB @ TB 1:00 PM - Greenbay gets a break in the schedule.

HOU @ IND 1:00 PM - Like AZ, Houston is a very feast or famine team. I think the wrong team makes the trip to Indy

KC @ JAC 1:00 PM - What will be the attendance of this game? 20,000? I think KC sneaks one out on the road. Jax does not enjoy much of a home field advantage.

CAR @ NO 4:05 PM - Carolina destroyed a poor mans Saints in Arizona. They get the real deal on the road. I think Car can upset them but not in New Orleans

DET @ SEA 4:05 PM - Sea will win one at home. Ugly game

TEN @ SF 4:15 PM - Sf should have beat Indy and Minnesota. They didn't...but they win against Vince Young.

SD @ NYG 4:15 PM - 4 in a row? I think so...Sorry G Men, your shining coat is gone and all that is left is rust.

Sunday Night Game of the Week

DAL @ PHI 8:20 PM - Game of the week. An epic battle of two NFC East Teams. What football is all about. The fan bases absolutely hate each other. Dallas and Romo is on a roll, only the Saints are better on the offensive side of the ball. Get ready Beagles, Dallas is going to bring it. We don't have skill players? Right? Philly is about to meet Felix Jones, Barber, Choice, Witten, Miles, Marty B, Roy Williams, and Tony Romo. Even Crayton has gotten back in the game!!! Our D is much improved and D Ware is lick his chops at the thought of eating up Chunky...

Mon, Nov 09

PIT @ DEN 8:30 PM - Good match up. A pick-em type of game. I think Pittsburgh gives another loss to the upstart Broncos. Just a brutal schedule for the Broncos...

Last edited by hornitosmonster; 11-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.

NFC East Champs

Philadelphia Eagles = Zero Rings and Wishing

Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    BAL @ CIN 1:00 PM- Tough game for me to call. Cincinatti is a really good team, but I just don't really see Baltimore losing to them again, although both teams have been playing well recently, but I think it comes down to a last drive, almost like last time, just in the Ravens' favor

MIA @ NE 1:00 PM- The Dolphins have been playing well and I really like the way that they are bouncing back from that bad start, but Brady and the Pats are on a roll and Foxboro in November and later is one of the places I don't want to go if I am a visiting team.

ARI @ CHI 1:00 PM- coming off getting beat by the Panthers it doesn't get any easier traveling to Soldier Field, but I am basing this off of the on one week off the other week pattern that the Cards seem to have, which means they'll be on this game, which might lead to a shootout, but when they are on they are one of the best teams in the league, but if they don't show up they'll most likely lose, but I think they'll "show up".

WAS @ ATL 1:00 PM- just came off of a disappointing loss against the Saints (it was a really good game, sucks to lose one of those) and it's Washington either way, good bounceback for Matty Ice

GB @ TB 1:00 PM- probably really upset after a loss to a rival team at home, probably more upset about Brett Favre being on that team, Tampa Bay is in for a beatdown.

HOU @ IND 1:00 PM- Peyton looked human against the 49ers, Schaub did too for the 2nd half of their game vs the 49ers the week before, but Peyton is Peyton and he is at home and as long is Peyton is on the field they will probably win, and now maybe the Texans defense might hold back on a run expecting that HB Pass that saved the Colts from losing to San Fran and it might open up the run too...idk, but now the Colts have 2 QBs in at the same time

KC @ JAC 1:00 PM- well Jacksonville just let up Tennessee's first win, and aren't playing too well anyway, but Kansas City sucks too, so I'm going to go with the Jags

CAR @ NO 4:05 PM- Carolina might be on "their way back", but it still won't be enough against NFC's best team....New Orleans in a blowout.

DET @ SEA 4:05 PM- Seattle looks good some games, then looks awful in some, very inconsistent, but it's the Lions, so I am going to just go with the Seahawks

TEN @ SF 4:15 PM- Well maybe the fact that the pass defense for the Titans sucks will convince stupid OC Jimmy Raye to LET ALEX SMITH PASS, HE IS A LOT BETTER THAN HE USED TO BE!!! If they play like they did vs the Colts (except maybe they can pass and put up more points) then they can definitely win this game at home

SD @ NYG 4:15 PM- some people probably predicited this to be the Super Bowl, but both teams are struggling right now, I think the Giants have what it takes to step it up and rebound from that awful loss and get back in the NFC East race.

DAL @ PHI 8:20 PM- Game of the Week, really hard to pick both teams are very similar and come off of blowout wins, although the Eagles were a bit more impressive just because the Giants are a better team than Seattle...The Eagles are missing Westbrook though so they might be at a disadvantage, but I am going to go with Philly just cuz they are at home (if it was in Dallas I would go with them).....Dallas fans please leave me alone about it.
    Mon, Nov 09

PIT @ DEN 8:30 PM- another tough test for the Broncos after getting dismantled by the Ravens. I don't know if Denver can bounce back, I am going to go with Pittsburgh, although it will be very close

Byes: Bills, Browns, Vikings, Jets, Raiders, Rams
    LOL- We really aren't that bad. But BTW I agree with your analysis if I was an objective fan I would go with Philly because its at home and they have had success with us. But it will be a great game and should be close.
    SPIN THE WHEEL AND PICK YOUR POISON

Idiot Romo haters without a football clue: Superbowls are a function of team and NOT the individual. Grow a freaking brain cell!

Statistics are always worthless to a poster until they are needed to defend their position. Then they become valuable.

Props to PRIMETIME for the LOGO and Luxy312 for the quote in the sig file!

bal @ cin
    mia @ ne
    ari @ chi
    was @ atl
    gb @ tb
    hou @ ind
    kc @ jac
    car @ no
    det @ sea
    ten @ sf
    sd @ nyg
    dal @ phi
    pit @ den

Upset Prediction - Week 9

Im going out on a limb here...and that limb may break, but I'm going to say Houston upsets Indy at home. I mean heck, the Niners almost beat Peyton and Indy, well actually they did beat Peyton - he didn't have any TDs. I think even in Indy, the Texans coming off three straight wins are poised to throwdown the upset and start the media talking about them as playoff contenders. I also have A Johnson on my fantasy team....so maybe this is all just disillusionment.

Wont happen. They didn't beat Peyton... He still put up over 300+ passing yards.

My upset pick would be Miami over NE. That's the only game that would be considered an "upset". All though Houston would be too. I just don't see Houston stopping Manning.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast