Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Picks

Week 9 Picks

BAL @ CIN 1:00 PM- Tough game for me to call. Cincinatti is a really good team, but I just don't really see Baltimore losing to them again, although both teams have been playing well recently, but I think it comes down to a last drive, almost like last time, just in the Ravens' favor

MIA @ NE 1:00 PM- The Dolphins have been playing well and I really like the way that they are bouncing back from that bad start, but Brady and the Pats are on a roll and Foxboro in November and later is one of the places I don't want to go if I am a visiting team.

ARI @ CHI 1:00 PM- coming off getting beat by the Panthers it doesn't get any easier traveling to Soldier Field, but I am basing this off of the on one week off the other week pattern that the Cards seem to have, which means they'll be on this game, which might lead to a shootout, but when they are on they are one of the best teams in the league, but if they don't show up they'll most likely lose, but I think they'll "show up".

WAS @ ATL 1:00 PM- just came off of a disappointing loss against the Saints (it was a really good game, sucks to lose one of those) and it's Washington either way, good bounceback for Matty Ice

GB @ TB 1:00 PM- probably really upset after a loss to a rival team at home, probably more upset about Brett Favre being on that team, Tampa Bay is in for a beatdown.

HOU @ IND 1:00 PM- Peyton looked human against the 49ers, Schaub did too for the 2nd half of their game vs the 49ers the week before, but Peyton is Peyton and he is at home and as long is Peyton is on the field they will probably win, and now maybe the Texans defense might hold back on a run expecting that HB Pass that saved the Colts from losing to San Fran and it might open up the run too...idk, but now the Colts have 2 QBs in at the same time

KC @ JAC 1:00 PM- well Jacksonville just let up Tennessee's first win, and aren't playing too well anyway, but Kansas City sucks too, so I'm going to go with the Jags

CAR @ NO 4:05 PM- Carolina might be on "their way back", but it still won't be enough against NFC's best team....New Orleans in a blowout.

DET @ SEA 4:05 PM- Seattle looks good some games, then looks awful in some, very inconsistent, but it's the Lions, so I am going to just go with the Seahawks

TEN @ SF 4:15 PM- Well maybe the fact that the pass defense for the Titans sucks will convince stupid OC Jimmy Raye to LET ALEX SMITH PASS, HE IS A LOT BETTER THAN HE USED TO BE!!! If they play like they did vs the Colts (except maybe they can pass and put up more points) then they can definitely win this game at home

SD @ NYG 4:15 PM- some people probably predicited this to be the Super Bowl, but both teams are struggling right now, I think the Giants have what it takes to step it up and rebound from that awful loss and get back in the NFC East race.

DAL @ PHI 8:20 PM- Game of the Week, really hard to pick both teams are very similar and come off of blowout wins, although the Eagles were a bit more impressive just because the Giants are a better team than Seattle...The Eagles are missing Westbrook though so they might be at a disadvantage, but I am going to go with Philly just cuz they are at home (if it was in Dallas I would go with them).....Dallas fans please leave me alone about it.

Mon, Nov 09

PIT @ DEN 8:30 PM- another tough test for the Broncos after getting dismantled by the Ravens. I don't know if Denver can bounce back, I am going to go with Pittsburgh, although it will be very close

Byes: Bills, Browns, Vikings, Jets, Raiders, Rams

Soon...

arg i have warner and fitz in my fantasy league but playing my bears..

Bal
    ne
    arizona
    atl
    gb
    houston
    kc
    no
    seattle
    tennesse
    san diego
    philly
    pittsburgh

That sig is kinda funny urlacher

Soon...

BAL @ CIN = Ravens
    MIA @ NE = Patriots
    ARI @ CHI = Cardinals
    WAS @ ATL = Falcons
    GB @ TB = Packers
    HOU @ IND = Texans
    KC @ JAC = Jaguars
    CAR @ NO = Saints
    DET @ SEA = Seahawks
    TEN @ SF = 49ers
    SD @ NYG = Chargers
    DAL @ PHI = Eagles
    PIT @ DEN = Steelers
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

BAL @ CIN = Ravens (tough game, but the Ravens seem to be back on track after the dominsting game vs. Den)

MIA @ NE = Patriots (they are on a roll again, but lets see them play someone good and win a couple in a row (after they dominated TB and TEN)

ARI @ CHI = Bears (no team from the nfc west deserves to go to the playoffs)

WAS @ ATL = Falcons (should not be a game)

GB @ TB = Packers (freebie for the pack)

HOU @ IND = Indy (but i think it will be close)

KC @ JAC = Jaguars (a reaaaalllly easy game at homer, but the jags somehow lost to ten last week)

CAR @ NO = Saints (really nothin to say, but car did play well and if they win this game, they would be alive in the nfc, but i dont see them pullin off this upset)

DET @ SEA = Seahawks (seattle, but they suck this year)

TEN @ SF = 49ers (everyone seemed to think they were for real, but they are a below average team...but if they win, back in the nfc west race)

SD @ NYG = Giants hard to pick them, but i cant see them losing so many games in a row, but this is a toss up)

DAL @ PHI = Cowboys (i think they are the best overall team in the east)

PIT @ DEN = Steelers i just hawve a feeling the steelers dominate the broncos..we have won 4 straight and our defense is playing great. Plus, we have 2 weeks to prepare for this game(

Picks

BAL @ CIN
    Im gonna take Balti I know Cinnci has been great but Bal lost all there games in the last few min, there a strong all around team and I dont see them losing again to the Bengals.

MIA @ NE
    Patriots all the way I dont know whats up with Ronnie Brown but he's been struggling they would have lost last week if it wasn't for some returns. Also New England had 2 huge games and a bye before this they have had lots of time to figure out the wildcat.

ARI @ CHI
    Im going to go with the Cardinals both of these teams looked pretty crappy last week. Forte only averaged 3.5 ypc and still was held under 100 yards against the Browns. Boldin is iffy and Warner through 5 ints' but they have eaten betteer opponents.
    WAS @ ATL

GB @ TB
    Packers Aaron Rodgers has been terrific considering an awful O-line and an unstable Def. He should have no problems torching Tampa this week.

HOU @ IND
    Owen Daniels is out Slaton was or is benched? The team has some personnel issues that need to be dealt with. I dont see this one being close even Indi got a scare last week and you get bet your *** Peyton is upset about not throwing a TD.

KC @ JAC
    Despite getting there clock cleaned last week MJD ahd a nice game. The Jaguars OFF is jekyll and Hyde seriously one week Garrad hooks up with his recievers MJD runs everywhere. The next the team loses to 0-6 Titans. Well this week they go Hyde and rip up KC.

CAR @ NO
    Saints are not gonna lose at home to the Panthers no way. I couldn't tell you who will make the big plays but I can tell you that the saints will be 8-0 after this.

DET @ SEA
    Well most people took Detroit last week and look waht happened. So Ill take Seattle who should not be to hardpressed to dismantle this young Lions franchise.

TEN @ SF
    49ers almost beat the Colts. Gore is healthy Alex smith is getting comftorable I dont think Titans continue the win streak.

SD @ NYG
    Giants I know they have been awful lately, but they are at home and Eli knows he ahs alot to prove right now.

DAL @ PHI
    Bit of a homer pick Eagles have been great of late. Westbrook or no Westbrook there getting it done. Dallas also has been getting it done though so will see what happens.

PIT @ DEN
    Pit is playing really good football right now. I dont know what to say. Broncos have been great this season but I dont see there bounce back week against Pit.
    Last edited by Ebbs; 11-03-2009 at 02:26 PM.

BAL @ CIN = Bengals
    MIA @ NE = Patriots
    ARI @ CHI = Cardinals
    WAS @ ATL = Falcons
    GB @ TB = Packers
    HOU @ IND = Indy
    KC @ JAC = Jaguars
    CAR @ NO = Saints
    DET @ SEA = Seahawks
    TEN @ SF = 49ers
    SD @ NYG = Giants
    DAL @ PHI = Eagles
    PIT @ DEN = Broncos
    16 Time NBA Champs: LA Lakers
    3 Time Superbowl Champs: Oakland Raiders
    6 Time World Series Champs: Los Angeles Dodgers

steelers over denver

BAL @ CIN = Ravens
    MIA @ NE = Patriots
    ARI @ CHI = Cardinals
    WAS @ ATL = Falcons
    GB @ TB = Packers
    HOU @ IND = Colts
    KC @ JAC = Jaguars
    CAR @ NO = Saints
    DET @ SEA = Seahawks
    TEN @ SF = 49ers
    SD @ NYG = Giants
    DAL @ PHI = Eagles
    PIT @ DEN = Steelers
    Trick or Treat

11-2 last week, 60-24 overall (71%)

BAL @ CIN 1:00 PM- Hate picking this game here; Cincy was banged up against the Bears and they smoked them; plus they are coming off a bye; I'm gonna go with the Ravens since they are kind of under the gun now to keep pace in the division, and this game is very much a must win for them. Tight game, Ray Ray's leadership shines through again.

MIA @ NE 1:00 PM- Hate picking this one too; but I'm thinking back to the Colts and Saints games - the Pats will find some way to pull it out in order to start to pull away for the East crown.

ARI @ CHI 1:00 PM- Cards; I just don't trust the Bears after that trashing by the Bengals;

WAS @ ATL 1:00 PM- the Falcons rebound after two tough losses; Jim Zorn gets one game closer to being Holmgren's assistant whereever he lands next year.

GB @ TB 1:00 PM- Tampa won't be able to take advantage of GB's piss poor OL like Jared Allen and the Vikes did.

HOU @ IND 1:00 PM- The Texans have never won on the road against the Colts; their powerhouse O - is a bit of a mess ATM due to Slaton being benched and Daniels going out on IR; I still think Houston is a really good team, but not good enough yet to take one off the hot Colts.

KC @ JAC 1:00 PM- MJD. Garrard is terrible on the road, no so bad at home. Chiefs and the whole Larry Johnson situation...yea I don't see them winning too many more games this year, it's a mess

CAR @ NO 4:05 PM- "and it is interCEPTED BY DARREN SHARPER!!!".

DET @ SEA 4:05 PM- Still unsure of Detroit injury situation with Megatron and Kevin Smith, so I'll go Seattle here, even though Seattle isn't exactly clicking either

TEN @ SF 4:15 PM- 9ers can stop the run; VY has a 19-11 record the Titans starter or something, but the 9ers are hungry after some tough losses, they sure as **** showed that last week.

SD @ NYG 4:15 PM- Important game for both teams trying stay in it in their respective divisions. G-Men will be hungry this week, this is a really tough one too pick here actually. I'm gonna take the Chargers right now due to the Giants trouble with speedy little backs, and Rivers can certainly tear up a weak secondary as well with all the targets at his disposable, and the Chargers D is improving. I might change this one later in the week, and I don't think it will end being the scrimmage that Eagles/Giants was ()

DAL @ PHI 8:20 PM- 44-6 The Eagles have won 13 out of the last 18 meetings, and out of the five losses, I'm willing to bet Donovan didn't play in at least two of them. The Eagles are also 24-11 against the East recently in November/December. Both teams are hot, so it should be an exciting game. Romo has an excellent November record as well, so this has the makings of another Week 2 from last year which was an exciting shootout.

Mon, Nov 09

PIT @ DEN 8:30 PM- The Champs are rolling, and it's gonna be hard to slow them down, and sans Rex Ryan - have a better D than the Ravens. Lebeau puts together a great gameplan and puts the Champs over the top in this one.

BAL @ CIN
    MIA @ NE
    ARI @ CHI
    WAS @ ATL
    GB @ TB
    HOU @ IND
    KC @ JAC
    CAR @ NO
    DET @ SEA
    TEN @ SF
    SD @ NYG
    DAL @ PHI
    PIT @ DEN

6-7 last week and 67-49 overall

BAL @ CIN = Bengals
    MIA @ NE = Patriots
    ARI @ CHI = Bears
    WAS @ ATL = Falcons
    GB @ TB = Packers
    HOU @ IND = Texans
    KC @ JAC = Jaguars
    CAR @ NO = Saints
    DET @ SEA = Seahawks
    TEN @ SF = 49ers
    SD @ NYG = Giants
    DAL @ PHI = Cowboys
    PIT @ DEN = Steelers

I have been quietly keeping my statistics to myself since I went a long period not being on ProSportsDaily, but I'll start publicizing my predictions/results. So far, 80-36 on the season.

BAL @ CIN 1:00 PM - Tough game to predict. The Ravens handed the Broncos their first loss of the year and have some momentum. Cincinnati is playing great football and have had an extra week to rest and game plan. Argh, Ravens.

MIA @ NE 1:00 PM - Brady magic.

ARI @ CHI 1:00 PM - I think this will be a game when Cutler has 2+ turnovers.

WAS @ ATL 1:00 PM - When you have Jason Campbell as your quarterback, you will not beat any team that can put a steady amount of points on the board.

GB @ TB 1:00 PM - Crazy, I know. This is my upset pick of the week. Although a terrible team, Tampa Bay has a solid secondary that have had their downs this season. I think the defense clicks this week and Rodgers is forced to check down a lot. The key for Tampa Bay will be to get pressure up front on a weak O-line.

HOU @ IND 1:00 PM - Houston's a decent team, but the Colts are arguably the best team in the NFL right now.

KC @ JAC 1:00 PM - I don't think Kansas City will win a game from here on out. Automatic victory for every team that still has to play them.

CAR @ NO 4:05 PM - New Orleans is just unstoppable right now and the Panthers are not the team to slow their roll.

DET @ SEA 4:05 PM - Although injury depleted, Seattle wins over the lowly Lions. Hasselbeck will do just enough to close the book on this game, injured ribs and all.

TEN @ SF 4:15 PM - San Francisco is the better overall team unless Vince Young can work some Longhorn magic to lead the team to its second victory of the season.

SD @ NYG 4:15 PM - I'm choosing San Diego in this one. New York is on a slide and Eli Manning is playing less-than-average football. As a Dallas fan, I hope this losing trend continues for the Giants.

DAL @ PHI 8:20 PM - NFC East divisional games are always a shootout, and both teams have been hot leading up to this game. Romo has to limit mental mistakes in what will be considered a big, pressure game for him and McNabb has to stay on his feet from a Dallas rush that is returning to last year's form when they led the league in sacks. Dallas usually wins the first game between these two clubs so I'm giving them the edge. Great SNF action.

Mon, Nov 09

PIT @ DEN 8:30 PM - The Super Bowl Champs are playing great football and I believe Pittsburgh develops a stellar defensive game plan to force Kyle Orton into some turnovers. It's going to be a great game.

It Begins...

Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    BAL @ CIN
    Im gonna take Balti I know Cinnci has been great but Bal lost all there games in the last few min, there a strong all around team and I dont see them losing again to the Bengals.

MIA @ NE
    Patriots all the way I dont know whats up with Ronnie Brown but he's been struggling they would have lost last week if it wasn't for some returns. Also New England had 2 huge games and a bye before this they have had lots of time to figure out the wildcat.

ARI @ CHI
    Im going to go with the Cardinals both of these teams looked pretty crappy last week. Forte only averaged 3.5 ypc and still was held under 100 yards against the Browns. Boldin is iffy and Warner through 5 ints' but they have eaten betteer opponents.
    WAS @ ATL

GB @ TB
    Packers Aaron Rodgers has been terrific considering an awful O-line and an unstable Def. He should have no problems torching Tampa this week.

HOU @ IND
    Owen Daniels is out Slaton was or is benched? The team has some personnel issues that need to be dealt with. I dont see this one being close even Indi got a scare last week and you get bet your *** Peyton is upset about not throwing a TD.

KC @ JAC
    Despite getting there clock cleaned last week MJD ahd a nice game. The Jaguars OFF is jekyll and Hyde seriously one week Garrad hooks up with his recievers MJD runs everywhere. The next the team loses to 0-6 Titans. Well this week they go Hyde and rip up KC.

CAR @ NO
    Saints are not gonna lose at home to the Panthers no way. I couldn't tell you who will make the big plays but I can tell you that the saints will be 8-0 after this.

DET @ SEA
    Well most people took Detroit last week and look waht happened. So Ill take Seattle who should not be to hardpressed to dismantle this young Lions franchise.

TEN @ SF
    49ers almost beat the Colts. Gore is healthy Alex smith is getting comftorable I dont think Titans continue the win streak.

SD @ NYG
    Giants I know they have been awful lately, but they are at home and Eli knows he ahs alot to prove right now.

DAL @ PHI
    Bit of a homer pick Eagles have been great of late. Westbrook or no Westbrook there getting it done. Dallas also has been getting it done though so will see what happens.

PIT @ DEN
    Pit is playing really good football right now. I dont know what to say. Broncos have been great this season but I dont see there bounce back week against Pit.

Forte had 120 yards combined with Rushing and receiving and 2 TD's. Not too shabby. Cards should give the Bears D a fit, but I feel the Bears can pull this one out.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast