WHIP: .1.18
    K/9: 7.82
    BB/9: 4.26

Cliff Lee, LHP (3-0, 0.54)

WHIP: 0.69
    K/9: 8.10
    BB/9: 081

Scouting Report:

Yankees:After a rocky first three innings in Game 2 in which he threw 61 pitches, Burnett settled down in his first World Series start and was near unhittable, outdueling Phillies starter Pedro Martinez as the Yankees won, 3-1, to even the Classic at a game apiece. Burnett struck out nine and walked two while turning in his third quality start in four postseason outings. He is 1-0 with a 3.55 ERA in those contests, but take out one bad first inning against the Angels and his ERA is a sterling 2.13.

Phillies:The Phillies pin their World Series championship hopes on left-hander Cliff Lee, who has been incredible this postseason. He is 3-0 with a 0.54 ERA in four postseason starts. That is the best ERA of any pitcher in a single postseason who has pitched 30 or more innings. It is the seventh-best single postseason ERA of all time. Lee threw a complete game against the Yankees in Game 1. He allowed no earned runs and no walks and struck out 10 to pick up the 6-1 victory. They don't need perfection, but they need something close from him if the Phillies are going to extend the Series and send it back to New York for Game 6 on Wednesday.

Venue:

I like the Phillies in this one, but still the Yankees in the series.

AJ Lets lock it up... Earn the World Series MVP with CC having the ALCS MVP... Smokin Ace's

^ DieHardColtsfan --> How are you a Yankees/Knicks fan but also a Flyers fan? I feel like you cant be fans of a Philly team and a NY team?? And the Colts???

This will be a good game tonight, good pitching matchup. Cole Hammels and Brad Lidge might as well not even go to these games...

It's a long road back from 3-1, but I still believe in my team. And there's no one I'd rather have on the mound right now with our season on the line than Lee (even if it might have been the better decision to let him pitch last night).

Here's to what will hopefully be the start of another Phillies comeback and Yankees implosion.

Can't wait for the game. Should be good pitching wise (assuming we get the good Burnett tonight).

lee with a shutout win book it

Go Phillies!! I really don't want the Yankees to win.

Phillies win this game, Yankees in 6.

at least make the series interesting, phillies..

too many wild cards for me to pick the yanks

AJ on 3 days rest
    Gardner in there to face a tough lefty instead of Melky
    Swisher batting 5th
    no Posada

Lee's been dominant.

i like the phils tonight

Yanks win tonight get a few runs in the first few innings then Philly feels out of it..... both pitch great but its Mo for another save and THHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Phillies suck.

Yankees easy

The phillies looked dead and like they accepted defeat in the 9th last night. If the phillies don't jump on Burnett early and get the Yankees hitters pressing, it's over

I wonder if the Yankees will feel sympathetic and let the poor Phillies win a game just so they're not embarrassed for getting swept on their own field.

That would be a "classy" thing to do

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast