Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: which would you rather start a franchise with?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • A good Front-Court

17 73.91%
  • A good Back-Court

6 26.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frontcourt v. Backcourt

I have realized that many people are quick to jump on names like Kobe, Wade and Lebron but none of this guys can with the championship without a solid front court. On the other hand, a solid Front-court could win with a mediocre back-court. Why are we so impressed by back court players? Is it because they are flashy? It is true that some good back-court players have won the championship with a mediocre offensive front-court, e.g Wade, Jordan but we should also note that they had very good defensive front-court players.

In my view, when picking the best players in the league most of us start with Wade, Kobe or Lebron, but players that have the most impact in any game, in the league are Duncan, Howard and the combination of Gasol and Bynum. Why is it that we never mention those guys among the top 5?

Which would you rather start a team with?

A good front-court, or a good-back court?

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    For me its frontcourt.

because NBA refereeing....

Quote Originally Posted by fairandbalanced View Post
    I have realized that many people are quick to jump on names like Kobe, Wade and Lebron but none of this guys can with the championship without a solid front court. On the other hand, a solid Front-court could win with a mediocre back-court. Why are we so impressed by back court players? Is it because they are flashy? It is true that some good back-court players have won the championship with a mediocre offensive front-court, e.g Wade, Jordan but we should also note that they had very good defensive front-court players.

In my view, when picking the best players in the league most of us start with Wade, Kobe or Lebron, but players that have the most impact in any game, in the league are Duncan, Howard and the combination of Gasol and Bynum. Why is it that we never mention those guys among the top 5?

Frontcourt obviously. People nowadays pick the backcourt players mainly because they fall for the flash and thus they get all the hype. However in 95% of the cases, your team will win titles based on it having an allstar/superstar frontcourt player.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    For me its frontcourt.
    Me too.....I think if Howard had the team Lebron had, and lebron had the team Howard had, Lebron's team still would have lost in the East finals. The top 5 players in the league should be:

1. Howard
    2. Duncan
    3. KG
    4/5. Bynum & Gasol

Note: I didn't say the best individual players, I am ranking them in terms of impact.

Me too.....I think if Howard had the team Lebron had, and lebron had the team Howard had, Lebron's team still would have lost in the East finals. The top 5 players in the league should be:

1. Howard
    2. Duncan
    3. KG
    4/5. Bynum & Gasol

Note: I didn't say the best individual players, I am ranking them in terms of impact.
    I can understand Howard and Duncan, but KG, Bynum and Gasol's impact are not as good as Kobe's, Lebron's or Wade's for an overall team.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    I can understand Howard and Duncan, but KG, Bynum and Gasol's impact are not as good as Kobe's, Lebron's or Wade's for an overall team.

I disagree, but you do have a solid point. I am basing it on their efficiency on any given night. Those guys (Bynum, Gasol & KG) do not need 20 shots a game, neither do they need the ball in their hands 90% of the time to have an impact, but Kobe, Lebron and Wade does

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    In his prime, KG was a straight beast. But now he's a shell of his old self

Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    In his prime, KG was a straight beast. But now he's a shell of his old self
    he just came off injury...give him time.

Starting with a good frontcourt will make your team a lot more successful than starting with a good backcourt. No doubt about it, strong frontcourt>>>>>strong backcourt.

Rarely, if ever, does a team with a weak frontcourt win championships.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

1. Howard
    2. Duncan
    3. KG
    4/5. Bynum & Gasol

Why the hell are you putting Bynum in a conversation with 4 future Hall of Famers? He doesn't make that great of an impact on the Lakers team as of yet. The Lakers would still be a great team even if they had Joel Anthony as their starting center.

[IMG][/IMG]

Hakeem is the only one I seen won with a average back-court.

Front COurt, All star guards come more often than a All star Forward or center
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

as rockets fan, i gotta go with the back court. These big guys now days seem fragile as hell ( Yao , Oden , other tall dudes with bad knees)
    Drexlerism - Next Season "gon be off the chain"

Backcourts have become increasingly important, but froncourt is comprised of 3 players vs 2, so its pretty unfair I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast