Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Let's hope Hasheem Thabeet doesn't play video games

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,194576

This is Ridiculous....

By J.E. Skeets

Hasheem Thabeet(notes), the 7-foot-3 inch center out of Connecticut who was taken with the No. 2 overall pick, is raw.

That was the knock against him leading up to the NBA Draft, and it was pretty clear to anyone who saw the new Grizzlies' center play in summer league action.

He's long, lean, muscular and raw.

But a 57-raw? Really, 2K Sports?

It appears so.

According to The Daily Thunder (via Tas Melas' Twitter account), Thabeet's "NBA 2K10" video game player rating is a miserable 57 overall.

To put that rating in perspective, Derrick Brown(notes) got a 69 overall, Sam Young(notes) a 67, Chase Budinger(notes) a 65 and Danny Green(notes) a 64. All four of those rookie forwards were second round picks.

Then again, as "The Real 2K Insider" points out, Thab got the same rating given to Charlotte Bobcats center DaSagana Diop, which might mean he's the only rookie that wasn't overrated in the game.

That's what Grizzlies fans are hoping for, anyway.

Maybe he should be like T.J. Houshmanzahdah and Boycott playing the game and throw a fit over his rating. 57 is pretty damn low though.

On a related note did anyone notice how overrated the Grizz are as far team ratings go. They have like an offense and defense in the 70's but their overall is much higher than that. And this is before I added AI to the squad.

Ive experienced this problem in the past, there a secret rating that factors in, individual talent. Its what made it so hard to get the Cavs rating into the elite ranks in 2k9 without overrating his players.

In a way it was almost prophetic, its like 2K9 knew the Cavs werent that good. lol and its not the first time a 2k game has predicted how good a team would be.

Quote Originally Posted by WITZ View Post
    Maybe he should be like T.J. Houshmanzahdah and Boycott playing the game and throw a fit over his rating. 57 is pretty damn low though.
    Maybe he should just bust an MJ and not be in the game period.

Seriously though I never mess with rookie ratings because I have nothing to go on, but where would you guys rate him. Anyone have a similar comp to Thabeet

2K ratings are just inaccurate....

a first round 2nd pick is a 57? I mean he will be a bust but i mean damn that's still too low

"He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell

That's far to low, Blake Griffin was a pick ahead of him but his overall is 77. He was miserable during summer league. Another thing that stood out to be was Johnny Flynns 74 overall compared to Brandon Jennings 62. That's to much of a difference.

he does have "bust" written all over him

can't blame 2K

i feel bad for Memphis.

The 2K player ratings are just an absolute joke

anyone know any other players that are a 57? just for comparison...

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    Gallinari is a 56 IIRC

Might be the 2nd best player on the Knicks this year
    Last edited by jetsfan28; 10-07-2009 at 04:56 PM.

the guys basketball iq is terrible and his skill set offensively is Dwight Howard like.

he's all physical gift and zero basketball skill. i am not suprised.

however, i am not saying that he couldn't develop into a good player but as of now, not even close.

don't people realize that the ratings in the game are based on a formula?

terrible offensive and defensive awareness take a huge toll on a players rating. that is what plagues both Thabeet and Jennings. they are all physical gifts at this point.

he could just change his overall to 99

maybe because he's pencil thin and will probably get moved around like a little brother at the thanksgiving dinner table. c'mon 57 aint that bad i mean its 7 points above mediocre.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast