Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    warriors will score most points in league by far

Jazz as ever should be up there in offensive efficiency and assists/steals

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrix View Post
    Who said anything about Dirk being center? Dallas is starting with Gooden and having Dampier back him up when more traditional centers are on the floor
    LOL dont bother with the semantics, if Dirk and Gooden are on the floor, it doesnt really matter which one they list as the C. But if you insist Ill rephrase the question, do you remember how bad Gooden's defense was the last time he had to play the 5 because he was paired with another PF?

PS I thought the Nuggets wouldve made it last year when they traded for Billups, I didnt expect Melo to regress offensively, now that hes healthy and JR should get more run, they should easily make the top 5.
    Last edited by Chronz; 10-01-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    LOL dont bother with the semantics, if Dirk and Gooden are on the floor, it doesnt really matter which one they list as the C. But if you insist Ill rephrase the question, do you remember how bad Gooden's defense was the last time he had to play the 5 because he was paired with another PF?

PS I thought the Nuggets wouldve made it last year when they traded for Billups, I didnt expect Melo to regress offensively, now that hes healthy and JR should get more run, they should easily make the top 5.
    Nor Gooden or Nowitzki will get the bulk of the minutes at the center position, Dampier will. He will get around 23 minutes a game. Gooden will play around 12 minutes to start off the game and Nowitzki will play the rest. IF Nowitzki/Gooden fail to show any defense at the 5, that's when Dampier will take over defensive duties. Easy as that.

I'm also looking forward to what Dallas does around the trade deadline to get a good center.
    Dallas Mavericks
    2010 - 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Yea, sounds like a recipe for disaster, and not capable of meeting your criteria IMO, because if your going back to the original lineup, you lose the offense thats suppose to make you top5-10 at either.

Its not like we can combine Gooden and Damp, if Damp plays half the time then hes only making half the contribution. Gooden at the 5 is going to contribute alot of negatives defensively theres just no way around it and its certainly not an issue that the really good defensive teams will have to deal with.
    Last edited by Chronz; 10-01-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Dallas will be a top 5 offensive and top 10 defensive team this year
    when did Dallas become a top 10 defensive team? they didnt. Who's your defensive stopper Marion, doubt it, he's on the decline and hasnt done anything in yrs, Dirk, please, Kidd, even worse,Gooden, he's a stiff

Offensively they can outscore teams and are top 5 offensively but there defense scares nobody!

If you look at efficiency turns out the knicks are not in the 5 worst defensive teams in the nba either, making d'antoni not the worst defensive coach. Now that the knicks got some more size and help in the middle i expect them to be even a little higher.

Quote Originally Posted by blazerman View Post
    when did Dallas become a top 10 defensive team? they didnt. Who's your defensive stopper Marion, doubt it, he's on the decline and hasnt done anything in yrs, Dirk, please, Kidd, even worse,Gooden, he's a stiff

Offensively they can outscore teams and are top 5 offensively but there defense scares nobody!
    Josh mother ****in Howard
    Dallas Mavericks

Yea, sounds like a recipe for disaster, and not capable of meeting your criteria IMO, because if your going back to the original lineup, you lose the offense thats suppose to make you top5-10 at either.

Its not like we can combine Gooden and Damp, if Damp plays half the time then hes only making half the contribution. Gooden at the 5 is going to contribute alot of negatives defensively theres just no way around it and its certainly not an issue that the really good defensive teams will have to deal with.
    Why are you making bogus predictions? With Howard, another very good defender, back healthy and sliding to SG...Marion, who is one of the best and most versatile defenders in the league taking SF duties, Kidd still being a good defensive minded PG, and still having Dampier to take the bulk of the minutes at the 5, you can't discredit the Mavericks as potentially being a top 10 defensive team. Just ask the Suns and Heat, whose defenses both fell off tremendously after they traded the Matrix mid-season.
    Dallas Mavericks

Defensive TOP5 looks more or less alright, maybe Lakers should be out of this TOP. Offensive ... Hmmm... well.. through out Orlando out of there...

Why are you making bogus predictions? With Howard, another very good defender, back healthy and sliding to SG...Marion, who is one of the best and most versatile defenders in the league taking SF duties, Kidd still being a good defensive minded PG, and still having Dampier to take the bulk of the minutes at the 5, you can't discredit the Mavericks as potentially being a top 10 defensive team. Just ask the Suns and Heat, whose defenses both fell off tremendously after they traded the Matrix mid-season.
    OK Well lets look into this

What do you project as your top 5 most frequently used lineups? But yea Marion could be an x-factor

OK Well lets look into this

What do you project as your top 5 most frequently used lineups? But yea Marion could be an x-factor
    Kidd
    Howard
    Marion
    Nowitzki
    Dampier
    Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by ko8e24 View Post
    2009-2010 NBA Season

Top 5 Defensive Teams (Opponent's PPG)

1. Boston Celtics
    2. Cleveland Cavaliers
    3. Los Angeles Lakers
    4. Charlotte Bobcats
    5. San Antonio Spurs

Top 5 Offensive Teams (Team's PPG)

1. Phoenix Suns
    2. Los Angeles Lakers
    3. Dallas Mavericks
    4. Orlando Magic
    5. Denver Nuggets

I like your defenses, Portland prob will be up there too. Offensively I'd have maybe the knicks and warriors in there. I dont think that LAL will have the #2 offense.

Kidd
    Howard
    Marion
    Nowitzki
    Dampier
    Thats 1 of 5

Quote Originally Posted by zambo4president View Post
    Ok that's not true. Also I don't think Tyson Chandler is very athletic at all. Emeka is better by a good deal IMO.
    I respectfully disagree.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast