Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Haters That Attest Our Success To Our Stadium... Click Here

I got tired of seeing everyone say "well anyone could win games in that band box" etc. Its ridiculous and its something a dumb *** noob would say... but at the same point those same dumb *** noobs like stats.. So here we go

Look at their home / road splits.

BA:
    Home: .284
    Road: .283

HR:
    Home: 126
    Road: 105

RBI:
    Home: 413
    Road: 421

Runs:
    Home: 421
    Road: 438

Hits:
    Home: 728
    Road: 792

SLG:
    Home: .490
    Road: .470

OBP:
    Home: .366
    Road: .357

If it were the Stadium then the stats would be ridiculously skewed - a'la the Rockies and Coors before the humidor - and they're not. They're just as good a team on the road offensively but at home they accomplish it via the home run slightly more often. (From DBurch)
    Last edited by BostonSucks; 09-26-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Brian Cashman: [Pujols] is a special player. I dont know him personally, but I see what he does with that bat. Its Montero-like.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSucks View Post
    but at the same point those same dumb *** noobs like stats..
    Especially stats like Runs, RBI, and Hits!

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Especially stats like Runs, RBI, and Hits!
    I was thinking the same thing haha...I think the only stat that you showed that really determines whether it is a hitters park is HR, and there is a bit of a discrepancy in that category

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSucks View Post
    I got tired of seeing everyone say "well anyone could win games in that band box" etc. Its ridiculous and its something a dumb *** noob would say... but at the same point those same dumb *** noobs like stats.. So here we go

Look at their home / road splits.

BA:
    Home: .284
    Road: .283

HR:
    Home: 126
    Road: 105

RBI:
    Home: 413
    Road: 421

Runs:
    Home: 421
    Road: 438

Hits:
    Home: 728
    Road: 792

SLG:
    Home: .490
    Road: .470

OBP:
    Home: .366
    Road: .357

If it were the Stadium then the stats would be ridiculously skewed - a'la the Rockies and Coors before the humidor - and they're not. They're just as good a team on the road offensively but at home they accomplish it via the home run slightly more often. (From DBurch)
    If someone says the Yankees are a good team because of the stadium, they don't know what they're talking about. But it's a fact that the NYS has been the most home run hitting friendly park in baseball this year.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor

So you do have to figure that into individual player stats if you want to accurately judge how good a season they've had this year.
    "Progressiveness is a cancer in America... you must eradicate it."
    -Glenn Beck

I didn't even know people still used the "dumbass noob" insult(?) anymore.

Reminds me of my days playing Counter-strike.

Uhhh, no. I think the "haters" (Aside: ) attribute the Yankees success to 200 million dollars...

Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Uhhh, no. I think the "haters" (Aside: ) attribute the Yankees success to 200 million dollars...
    It sounds like tThere are only two types of people in the world. Those who love the Yankees, and those who don't and by default are unreasonable dumb "noob" haters who like stats.
    "Progressiveness is a cancer in America... you must eradicate it."
    -Glenn Beck

No, no. The bottom line is if you aren't a Yankee fan then you are just "jealous"...

08' Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    I'm done.

i don think anyone (who knows wat theyre talking about anyway) is attributing the yankees success this year to the stadium. however, at the same time, i dont think guys like damon and cano would have 24 and 23 home runs if they werent playing half there games in that stadium

I attribute the Pirates misery to PNC Park...we dont have hitters or pitchers, so we are screwed either way...I hate the stadium arguments, the Yankees would tear it up wherever they played.

Did you really just say "noob"?

How old are you exactly

Quote Originally Posted by jojoe1188 View Post
    i don think anyone (who knows wat theyre talking about anyway) is attributing the yankees success this year to the stadium. however, at the same time, i dont think guys like damon and cano would have 24 and 23 home runs if they werent playing half there games in that stadium
    Cano has 12 at home and 11 on the road.

The stadium has definitely helped Damon a lot though since his swing is pretty much perfect for the short RF.

Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoe1188 View Post
    This is an incredibly fair point...although I will say that I've seen plenty of people who "know what they're talking about" handwave away any Yankee success to the fact that they play in NYS...The stadium has a lot to do with HR's, but very little to do with the amount of times that the Yankee batters have come through in high leverage situations...and to those who whine and moan about the payroll, get over it. If your team owners suddenly decided to start investing their profit back into acquiring players that perform like CC and Teix, you would be ecstatic about it. If you really expect a Yankee fan to feel guilty about the fact that they go after the guys that give them the best chance to win, you're dreaming.

Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensx3 View Post
    I attribute the Pirates misery to PNC Park...we dont have hitters or pitchers, so we are screwed either way...I hate the stadium arguments, the Yankees would tear it up wherever they played.
    Thank you!

And hey, you have the reigning SB champs AND the reigning SC champs, you're doing pretty damn good yourself!

Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    wow another ******* that thinks money really matter that much lol if money mattered that much yankees would be 162-0 every year and sweep all threw the playoffs and win the world series every year. and look at the redskins in the nfl, the richest team in football yet havent won a super bowl since 91, so u might want to think of another excuse other then payroll

Brian Cashman: [Pujols] is a special player. I dont know him personally, but I see what he does with that bat. Its Montero-like.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast