Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I'm glad Gabby has #10. We have had some pretty cool goal scorers wear #10.

Ron Duguay
    Pierre Larouche
    Guy Lafluer
    Pavel Bure
    Martin Gaborik

Gabby with a breakaway shorthanded goal!!!!

Gabby another goal!!!!!

Higgens with the gaol. Duby with a great play/assist and Gabby with an assist also.

1st star: Gabby
    2nd star: Duby
    3rd star: Redden

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Higgens with the gaol. Duby with a great play/assist and Gabby with an assist also.
    Yea it was a good play. I really like Dubinsky playing with Gaborik. I like Prospal but I think it would be best to slide him to a wing on the 2nd or 3rd line, and have Dubinsky play center on the first line. Then Anismov would be the 3rd line center.

It looks like there could be one spot open, especially if Avery is out. Who would you guys choose Lisnin who has showed good things and scored a couple goals, or Grachev who has mad alot of good plays?

(Does anyone else think that Grachevs style of play is very similar to Jagr?)

I like Dubys size and puck carrying to play with Higgins (corners) and Gabby (shooting)

Grachev does use his body in similar ways to Jagr to protect the puck.

Lisin has probably made the team but Grachev may as well. If not Grachev could come back during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by nyanks79 View Post
    Yea it was a good play. I really like Dubinsky playing with Gaborik. I like Prospal but I think it would be best to slide him to a wing on the 2nd or 3rd line, and have Dubinsky play center on the first line. Then Anismov would be the 3rd line center.

It looks like there could be one spot open, especially if Avery is out. Who would you guys choose Lisnin who has showed good things and scored a couple goals, or Grachev who has mad alot of good plays?

(Does anyone else think that Grachevs style of play is very similar to Jagr?)
    Yea, I made that comparison somewhere else in the forum. I also brought that point up to one of my friends. Very similar.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Rookies, In General; Del Zotto in Particular

Coach indicated on the "Season Preview" on MSG that, in a cap world, he thinks it is very important to have four youth players, 2 on defense and 2 on offense, developing at the NHL level. I think that represents a nice view into what is already shaping up as Gilroy and Del Zotto as his youth on defense; and Anisimov and Grachev on offense. I think the logjam of players on offense is a bit more problematic to get through. However, I think it is a sound strategy, given cap constraints league-wide, to always have four youth players getting ample ice time and developing. Coach referenced the mistakes that they will make but seemed confident that Henrik would bail them out enough to make it very beneficial to the team.

This is refreshing to hear -- Del Zotto can become a special player and I, for one, hope to see him with the club beyond the initial 10 game, free-look, option the team has on him. There was a subtle thing he did on the power play tonight I thought was revealing; top of the left point, under a little pressure from the forward, he skated toward the middle but pulled one hand off the stick and directed his other defensive partner to overlap and take his place on the point. That created nice open space to continue play and get a quality shot off. Did we ever see that last year? This kid makes it look easy and has done something like that a few times already in just a few games. Coach is going to eat that up because it helps address a primary team weakness that cannot easily be resolved without his type of skillset.

With Gabby providing the highlight reels and some rookies to become attached to and excited about, this already is shaping up as a more exciting and fun team to follow.

Nice to see Gabby playing well...as he goes so does the Rangers offense.

Second most important player other than Henrik.

Duby looked good out there form what I saw and I heard he made a nice play to set up the third goal so he is getting right into the action which is important.

Very nice goal by Higgins on the pass from Duby

BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Dont forget the early game tomorrow.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567