Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Gilroy pivots his feet in the offensive zone in kind of a Brian Leetch type fashion (not saying he is another Leetch). I remember the questions when we signed the kid but I think he is showing why we wanted him.
    Obviously the guy has only played a few preseason games but he reminds me so much of Leetch. The way he comes up on the rush. Gilroy was a forward earlier on in his career turned defenseman so that is why he he these skills.

The way Leetch played defense and the way he would lead the rush and carry the puck from our defensive end into the offensive zone is a style I can definitely see Gilroy modeling after.

Once again, the chances of him being as good as Brian Leetch are quite small but he definitely has a unique skill set that can make him a special player in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    gilroy has great end to end speed.
    What I also like a lot is his quickness, hockey IQ, imagination, and feet pivots.

Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Obviously the guy has only played a few preseason games but he reminds me so much of Leetch. The way he comes up on the rush. Gilroy was a forward earlier on in his career turned defenseman so that is why he he these skills.

The way Leetch played defense and the way he would lead the rush and carry the puck from our defensive end into the offensive zone is a style I can definitely see Gilroy modeling after.

Once again, the chances of him being as good as Brian Leetch are quite small but he definitely has a unique skill set that can make him a special player in the future.
    I dont think he will be another Brian Leetch but he doesnt have to be. Brian Leetch's dont come around too often. I'm just excited about what I see from the kid so far.

By the way I think Leetch used to play some forward as well when he was younger.

after today, MDZ should definitely make the team. Gilroy and Anisimov ensured their spots today with their performances.

Sangs still needs another year in hartford.
    Last edited by jetsfan89; 09-19-2009 at 07:22 PM.

after today, MDZ should definitely make the team. Gilroy and Anisimov ensured their spots today with their performances.

Sangs still needs another year in juniors.
    I think you meant the ahl. I think Sangs looks more solid defensively and MDZ is willing to take more chances and is more imaginative right now. MDZ also has had a lot more PP time than Bobby. I agree with you. Gilroy and AA are locks.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I think you meant the ahl. I think Sangs looks more solid defensively and MDZ is willing to take more chances and is more imaginative right now. MDZ also has had a lot more PP time than Bobby. I agree with you. Gilroy and AA are locks.
    thank you for pointing out my mistake

still, Sangs looks hesitant. if he succeeds in the nhl it'll be because of his offense so he needs to start showing some of that. still, maybe he's just developing slowly, thats no big deal. a year in the ahl won't hurt him.

thank you for pointing out my mistake

still, Sangs looks hesitant. if he succeeds in the nhl it'll be because of his offense so he needs to start showing some of that. still, maybe he's just developing slowly, thats no big deal. a year in the ahl won't hurt him.
    It wont hurt him but do you think Bobby would take more chances if he was playing on the PP like MDZ? I'm not 100% sure MDZ is physically ready for the NHL yet

Some cuts were made. Crowder, Potter, the Finish dman and I think both goalies (zaba and johnson),

what happened to grachev? i didn't see him in last nights game. was he sent to ahl?

Quote Originally Posted by shtimp7 View Post
    what happened to grachev? i didn't see him in last nights game. was he sent to ahl?
    No he is still up. They were playing their 4th game in around 6 days. He was one of the few that had played the previous 3 straight.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gaborik play a little in these next few games.

BTW, that goal by Anisimov was nasty.

I think Avery is out tonight with some sort of knee issue.

Sounds like Gabby plays tonight and Duby on Thursday night.

Gabby isnt 100% healed though so I wish they would let him wait till Thursday to play it safe.

Looking forward to seeing a little of Gaborik. If it was anything that could be injured worse I do not think they would let him play so I don't know if we really have to worry about him.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast