Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    We have to keep in mind that it is only 1-2 preseason games so far for these guys.

Gilroy is fun to watch.

Grachev is showing me some really nice skills. He made a scorers type pass last night.

I didnt notice AA much in game 1.

Owens looked good last night.

I like having Brashear as one of us instead of beating us up.

Johnson looked very good

MDZ showed me some positives and some negatives
    to me.

I'm looking fwd to seeing Sangeunetti also.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    We have to keep in mind that it is only 1-2 preseason games so far for these guys.

Gilroy is fun to watch.

Grachev is showing me some really nice skills. He made a scorers type pass last night.

I didnt notice AA much in game 1.

Owens looked good last night.

I like having Brashear as one of us instead of beating us up.

Johnson looked very good

MDZ showed me some positives and some negatives
    to me.

I'm looking fwd to seeing Sangeunetti also.

Why haven't we seen him yet?

i think he got hurt

Some thoughts after two periods vs the Red Wings:

-Grachev and Anisimov have spent the whole night together with Lisin rotating in and out. They've looked very good together. Almost seems like they've been playing for a while together. Not on the same page in a deadly manner, but you can tell there's very very good chemistry there to work with.

-Unfortunately, Redden and Roszival both look bad again, IMO. Michelletti was nice enough to point out they've had better games then their previous ones, and I totally agree, but that's not saying much considering their first games which are versus a clash of vets and guys trying to make the team

-Hank looked in midseason form already, but we all expected that, right? Still good to see. I was thinking today watching him, do you guys think he'll get his 30 wins again considering the Olympic break this year? Be interesting to watch

-Bobby Sanguinetti, as Sly pointed out, is a bit underrated. Period. He's not a flashy player but man he is effective and solid. He's probably the most seasoned and ready player on the back end I think. As of now I think it's his and Gilroy's spot on the backend with MDZ going to Hartford.

-Our fourth line could be fun to watch. Brashear-Boyle-Voros or the SkyLine if you will, because they all represent a towering figure--such as the NYC skyline... you get it? Good lets move on.... They are buildings among men out there, they're physical, they work hard the whole shift and each bring a unique element to the line. Voros is very good infront of the net, he causes a lot of disturbance--if you remember that's how he got off to his hot start last year--, Brashear is incredibly (and surprisingly) good in the corners. Hockey IQ a little low, I'll say that, but he still works hard and wins most of the battles, and then there's Boyle, the more skilled of the 3 he can pick up the slack around the offensive zone

-Higgins/Drury/Cally look good. Not flashy but they'll be a good second line I think

-Avery getting 'babysitting' duty if you will, he looks good. Came to camp ready to go and in shape. As much as I get disgusted with his character, man this guy never stops movin' those feet and working.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Zaba does not look good...do you think he can lose the starting job in Hartford to Johnson?

Dont forget we have another game today at 4pmest/3pmcst.

Quote Originally Posted by nyteamsports09 View Post
    Zaba does not look good...do you think he can lose the starting job in Hartford to Johnson?
    Its possible if these games are any indication of their abilities. Johnson looked impressive

Here is today's lineup. Note: I made up the combinations

Staal-Gilroy
    Girardi-Del Zotto
    Semenov-Sanguinetti

Kotalik-Prospal-Avery
    Brashear-Boyle-Voros
    Lisin-Anisimov-Parenteau
    Owens-Locke-Byers

am gonna love watching this defense. as for the offense, plenty of guys who are 4th line/AHL forwards so don't expect scoring from that part. i'd love to see anisimov though coming off the big game.

Yeah the offense looks pretty bleak. I'd like to see more grachev but his legs may get tired with all these games. I'd like to see more of the Heikinin on defense

I do like the toughness and the youth of this team but I am still waiting to see Gaborik play because the offense has not looked too intimidating.

With that being said...I do think we will be just as good as last year, possibly better.

great job by MDZ manning the point
    great pass by Prospal
    Great shot by Kotalik

that my friends is how a PP should work.

very fast paced....prob cause theres no Redden and Rozi

holy **** gilroy stopped a 3 on 1

i love gilroy and MDZ

Im guessing Gaborik is still not playing?

nah gaborik isnt playing

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast