Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I liked what I saw from Grachev, Kotalik, Gilroy and Higgins last night. Higgins and Gilroy seem to be pretty intelligent players. Its hard to remember all the new numbers.

Kotalik has a bomb from the point on the p.p. like I said last week & was blasted for he has a top 10 shot in this league

Dubinsky better take the top offer and get is butt into camp, with his tail between his legs. He's gonna screw up his career over a few bucks he's going to make next year anyway.

Most impressive were Grachev, MDZ, Lisin, and Gilroy. Grachev looks good, big, smart, and can hopefully score, MDZ and Gilroy were both steady, showed some offense and poise, and Lisin showed a lot of hustle. Unfortunately Anisimov was fairly invisible, I hope he has a better game next time he plays. Would be nice if Kotalik can hit the net! Drury was like himself, completely invisble, but Higgins showed some grit. Brashear also did not look too bad, although I wish Orr was the Ranger and not him, he is a better skater and player, and that could be seen immediately. Maccarone had quite the stache.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I liked what I saw from Grachev, Kotalik, Gilroy and Higgins last night. Higgins and Gilroy seem to be pretty intelligent players. Its hard to remember all the new numbers.

its especially harder during preseason because everyone has such random numbers!!

im liking gilroy and del zotto as our 5th and 6th defenders
    i heard kyle mclaren was suppose to come to camp, anyone know if that was true?
    grachev is definitely going to be something special, i liked the way he played as well

Mclaren got hurt so he isn't with us anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dernelle View Post
    I wish Orr was the Ranger and not him, he is a better skater and player, and that could be seen immediately
    hahahaha no way....brashear is by far the better skater and is also more gifted on offense.....your totally off

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

Either you mis-read what I wrote, or I worded it awkwardly, what I said was the Brashear is a better hockey player than Orr, although Orr is more likeable.

Is Duby still not signed???

BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Quote Originally Posted by dwright3b5 View Post
    Is Duby still not signed???
    yup that he still hasnt been signed such a load of ****. chad johnson should give vally a run for his $ to be the backup

Quote Originally Posted by Dernelle View Post
    Either you mis-read what I wrote, or I worded it awkwardly, what I said was the Brashear is a better hockey player than Orr, although Orr is more likeable.
    sorry buddy, i misunderstood what you said

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Gilroy just seems too poised and comfortable to be an AHL player, and his goal tonight against the Devils was both smart anticipation at the offensive blue line, and beautiful. He's a keeper; let him make his mistakes and develop at the NHL level this year - maybe pair him with a veteran D guy which, coincidentally, Tortorella is suggesting he'd like as part of a 3rd pairing on defense.

Grachev looks very good as well; first time I've seen him so I am pleasantly surprised. I like his big body - tough to shake him from the puck and he seems to have a knack for scoring.

I didn't get the chance to watch either game. Who's been good...who's been bad?

I'll tell you, you guys know me and I had Gilroy as probably my biggest question mark coming in because I had no idea how he'd translate. I thought last night he looked great. This kid has made me happy to have him, I think he could be a valuable asset especially on the 3rd pairing this year.

How great is seeing MDZ QBing our PP? Holy ****, seriously. A prime example of why he could be a fan favorite is the fact that when he got a puck in his skates QBing that PP he was poised and incredibly relaxed. He corralled it back to his stick used his time and looked of his pass and made a nice no look feed back down to the half wall. Roszy or Redden would've lost it in their skates and started a rush the other way. I was extremely happy to see that.

And Grachev... talk about shades of Jagr on the PP. Ha, he played one PP I saw on that halfwall Jagr use to set up shop at all day, and just wow. I mean he seems to possess that poise coming off the boards Jagr did, all indications are is he has a comparable shot almost and he's got the size and puck control to take it to the middle and get a shot for a rebound or even to score. It was a little eerie to be honest. He seems like a poor mans Jagr, which don't be scared by the name, is a great thing.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

IMO, and I've seen a good amount of game 2 and the first of game 1...

The Good:
    -MDZ has looked very good. Not surprising because he was very impressive as a 18 year old out of the draft with a bad scouting report, attitude wise. His defensive side of his game is his true weakness but it hasn't been a glaring hole in his game so far yet.
    -Gilroy has looked great. This to me is a good sign he competes so well against a mix of real NHL talent/guys like him. From what I've seen he can't be worse then Roszy especially over time throughout the season. I like his style of play and it's going to mesh very well with Tortorella's system. He's aggressive and LOVES to join the rush.
    -Lundqvist looked very solid, obviously, in his limited action last night.
    -Very surprised at Brashear. I'll be the first to say it: I don't mind him in a Blueshirt. Plus, he's definetly a much better player then given credit for. Not that he's very good, but he's strong on the puck, strong in the corner, and strong in general. He's quite the challenge for any defender/winger along the boards, so I like the fact alone he's going to push guys harder and wear them down.
    -The team in a whole is so much bigger and faster. I wouldn't be surprised to here an opposing player say we're actually a harder or scarier team this year. I'd like to hear that.

The Norm:
    -Kotalik has looked like what you expect to get, but yea not a 3 mil player, but whatever. He'll be valuable on the PP alone I think, him and MDZ could turn into a good pairing for the 1st PP.
    -Roszival has showed up as the same exact player as last year.
    -Grachev hasn't been overly impressive. His skill set as a whole along with his potential is impressive, but as of the first two games he hasn't made a big impact. He's registered no +/- and 5 shots on goal. He did improve to 4 in the second game after only 1 his first game, but I think the best option would start him in Hartford, even if it's only for a little. If he can't find his scoring touch give him a stint in the A to get his game going. Don't bring him into his career on a coldstreak, I wouldn't want to ruin his psyche as a scorer. Maybe I'm just cautious because he could be a special player for us though, and whatever we have 4 more games, 3 of which he'll play at least IMO, to find his scoring touch.

The Bad:
    -Didn't notice Prospal AT ALL, but that could be me I suppose?
    -Redden looks the same as last year. I say this is bad because I thought, and everyone I think did, that he'd be at least a step up from last year. He has more time to get ready/prove he is though, so we'll see where that goes.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast