121 53.78%
  • Duncan

23 10.22%
  • Shaq

81 36.00%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Horry says Hakeem is better than Duncan and Shaq

Link

When asked who was the best center he ever played with, Horry, who played the middle for the Crimson Tide, didn’t bat an eyelash when he declared former Houston Rockets’ great Hakeem Olajuwon as the top slotman.

“He was so talented and could do so many different things. I’d put him on top and Tim [Duncan] and Shaquille [O’Neal] can trade places for second and third.”

Horry then paused, smiled, and made sure he was clear with his intentions, “Hey, Shaq and Tim...I love you guys, okay?”
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

I'd take Duncan over both of them

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    I'd take Duncan over both of them
    lol

horry is right hakeem is better then them offensively and defensively

Shaq like Chamberlain had one huge mark against them. Sucky foul shooting which renders them somewhat useless at the end of close games, a huge negative issue.

Duncan is a marvelous player - in fact is on my all time starting 5, but he's not a better Center then Hakeem.

To refresh those new to him. One of the 5 greatest low post players ever. A solid J from the 14-17' range.

A great defensive player (rebounds and by far the highest steals totals of any center, also has the all time lead in blocks - although they didn't count that in the time of Russell and Wilt - so he is probably 3rd) - he is second in all time Win Shares on D. Could dribble like a small forward. The most athletic center of all time IMO, and the most polished all around. Outplayed everyone in his time - Ewing, Robinson, etc.

If he had a player as great as Pippen around him, and a great coach (like Jackson), he'd be the one with the six rings, not Jordan. Some people will mention certain names, but if you check their age, injury status, etc. you will see, it was pretty much a bunch of scrubs and Hakeem, except one year, when he did win a ring.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 09-10-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Hakeem is definitly better and more complete of a player.

Shaq makes them when they count... that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Shaq like Chamberlain had one huge mark against them. Sucky foul shooting which renders them somewhat useless at the end of close games, a huge negative issue.

Duncan is a marvelous player - in fact is on my all time starting 5, but he's not a better Center then Hakeem.

To refresh those new to him. One of the 5 greatest low post players ever. A solid J from the 14-17' range.

A great defensive player (rebounds and by far the highest steals totals of any center, also has the all time lead in blocks - although they didn't count that in the time of Russell and Wilt - so he is probably 3rd) - he is second in all time Win Shares on D. Could dribble like a small forward. The most athletic center of all time IMO, and the most polished all around. Outplayed everyone in his time - Ewing, Robinson, etc.

If he had a player as great as Pippen around him, and a great coach (like Jackson), he'd be the one with the six rings, not Jordan. Some people will mention certain names, but if you check their age, injury status, etc. you will see, it was pretty much a bunch of scrubs and Hakeem, except one year, when he did win a ring.
    I can buy Russell but despite how big Wilt was I don't think he was outblocking Hakeem.
    No acting here!

I dont give a rats *** wat Horry thinks

i agree with him

Diesel

NPH is offline Hellcrooner's a great guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jd_azsportsfan View Post
    I dont give a rats *** wat Horry thinks
    Why would you give someone a rats ***?

Olajuwon torched Shaq regularly and although Duncan is great Olajuwon would have abused him as well. Keep in mind Duncan is a pf first and ctr 2nd.

1st Olajuwon
    2nd Duncan
    3rd Shaq

Best defender- Olajuwon
    Best Offensive player- Olajuwon

Duncan only played against an old but still productive Olajuwon!

Well, figuring he's played with all three (pretty much when they were all in their primes too), I'd say he has a pretty good perspective.

He once said Shaq was better because Dream only got him 2 rings.

Still Shaq, best offensive player by a mile.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast