Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

5 players primed for a breakout year

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/arti...-breakout-year

Andrea Bargnani, C, Raptors. Bargnani benefited from a coaching switch. In his third season, he thrived with coach Jay Triano after wilting under the criticism of Sam Mitchell, who wanted Bargnani—a 7-footer with a great 3-point shot—to play more
    Mike Conley, PG, Grizzlies. Conley never found his way during his rookie year and still was struggling in the first half of last season. But then, a blessing: Memphis hired Lionel Hollins as its coach. Hollins committed to Conley as his point guard
    Amir Johnson, PF, Raptors. Johnson has talent, but getting him to use that talent on the floor was a challenge in Detroit, especially because the Pistons were trying to contend in the Eastern Conference.
    Anthony Randolph, PF, Warriors. Randolph spent much of his rookie year in coach Don Nelson's doghouse and nailed to the bench. In the first half of the season, he averaged 5.8 points in 12.8 minutes. But after meeting with Nelson and getting a better understanding of what his coach was looking for, Randolph blossomed, averaging 10.7
    John Salmons, G/F, Bulls. Salmons has had a strange NBA career. He struggled with his shot for four years in Philadelphia before blossoming with the Kings. But, because he played in Sacramento, few noticed Salmons had grown into an offensive threat
    Agree, Disagree?

Who else would you nominate for Breakout season? Last year, we saw the likes of Danny Granger, Devin Harris and Al Jefferson excel. Who will it be this year?

Aside from the above guys, I would nominate Michael Beasley. If gets more minutes, I think he can be the side kick Wade is looking for.

Cool. 2 Raptors.

I bet a lot of people would disagree with Bargnani though.

i like beasly and bargs not too big on amir johnson being breakout more like usefull and contributing but not breakout

Wouldnt be surprised if some of the rooks from this yr outshine some of last yrs rooks eg. I see big things from Griffen Curry and Flynn hoping my boy demar derozan can be up there with them come ROY votes but those three will be huge

Of last yrs boys though i say D Rose has an even better yr, worthy of the title breakout, there is no more Ben Gordon in Chi so there will be more ball movement, more assists for rose and more shot attempts

Really agree with the Salmons pick he will be sleeper pick for MOst improved player imo

Amir Johnson?

Rudy Gay or Wilson Chandler possibly Mayo

Its Over.

CJ Miles might???

Quote Originally Posted by NYtilIdie View Post
    Amir Johnson?

Rudy Gay or Wilson Chandler possibly Mayo
    The author was intially wrote him as a Buck. I guess he would've had a better opportunity in Mil. than he will in Toronto.

Good picks in Bargnani, Conly and Randolph but Amir Johnson is going to get max 10 minutes a game.

@ Amir Johnson

I assumed this was written before the Bucks signed Hakim Warrick and shipped AJ out to Toronto

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

What about Jason Kapono?

The system in Philadelphia suits him very well where he can get a lot of open looks with a post presence in Elton Brand who demands a bunch of double teams. Jason Kapono will also benefit from the penetration Andre Iguodala creates.

Andrew Bynum: Full Breakout Season or Break-leg confirmed sam bowie season.

Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, that Gelaveve guy in Washington or something. Good list

Quote Originally Posted by IDB Josh M View Post
    Andrew Bynum: Full Breakout Season or Break-leg confirmed Sam Bowie season.
    It's going to be a make it or break it season for the young and talented Andrew Bynum.

Salmons already had his breakout 2 years ago but sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Why is Louis Williams of 76ers not there?

He gets the starting job now.

wit the way the raptors stock up some depth and talent

there could be numerous break out players from our roster

i'm really excited for this season!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast