Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I think it would be bad since then he'd be making a shitload more than the shitload he's going to get this eyar.

As much as i would love to see Lincecum win a MVP award, im 95% with Mise on this one. It would be very hard for a guy that only plays every fifth day to be the MVP.

Interesting point that the pitcher is 5 times as important on that one day. Never thought of it that way. But i dont really know if i can buy that. He can be PERFECT on that fifth day and the team can still lose the game (especially if they are offensively challenged like the giants).

i guess as someone else put it, (maybe mise) if noone had a great year, and Lincecum went nuts (like he is doing this year) it may be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Slumberking View Post
    As much as i would love to see Lincecum win a MVP award, im 95% with Mise on this one. It would be very hard for a guy that only plays every fifth day to be the MVP.

Interesting point that the pitcher is 5 times as important on that one day. Never thought of it that way. But i dont really know if i can buy that. He can be PERFECT on that fifth day and the team can still lose the game (especially if they are offensively challenged like the giants).

i guess as someone else put it, (maybe mise) if noone had a great year, and Lincecum went nuts (like he is doing this year) it may be possible.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to lose if you throw a perfect game

He definitely won't win it... but it would sure be sexy to have back-to-back Cy Youngs as well as an NL MVP award as a pitcher.

pablo is having a good season but doesn't deserve the mvp...Pujols deserves it

can't we just be content with tim winning a 2nd cy young award in as many seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantes4Life View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to lose if you throw a perfect game
    well, yeah....but check this out!

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1...260LAN1991.htm

Gardener no hits Dodgers thru 9, gives up two hits in the tenth and gets a loss! talk about a raw deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Slumberking View Post

Wow, I'm really getting tired of reading dumb posts. If a hitter goes on a ridiculous tear over 5 games, hits 15 HRs, with 40 RBIs and bats 1.000, the team can still go 0-5. You're trying to argue against a PLAYER being the MVP by citing the failure of a TEAM.

Interesting fact: An average pitcher will face more batters than the average batter will face pitchers. So a pitcher in fact has MORE opportunities to make an impact than a position player, not less.

so pablo winning a batting title this year looks pretty good for pablo..

the question is how many do u think he can win and shouldnt we lock him up for the next 5 years like the rays did longoria???

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mac22 View Post
    Can Lincecum get both the Cy Young and the MVP?
    ????? Yessssssss

Quote Originally Posted by macbenz View Post
    the question is how many do u think he can win and shouldnt we lock him up for the next 5 years like the rays did longoria???
    He's already locked up for the next 5 years.

Lincecum is the most dominant pitcher I've personally seen since I watched Bob Gibson, but I've never been one to think pitchers should win the MVP. The MVP should be reserved for everyday players. You can call me an idiot too, but it won't change my opinion

The argument is truly moot though, because of the following line:

AB: 377
    R: 85
    H: 122
    2B: 27
    HR: 36
    SO: 42
    RBI: 97
    AVG: .324
    OBP: .446
    SLG: .687

That line projects out to 40 doubles, 53 HRs.

Pujols wll win the MVP, though I'll give you Lincecum will probably finish in the Top 3. (I still am against him even qualifying though)

Awards aside, let's enjoy watching him pitch, because he is a once in a generation or two talent.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsRock View Post
    Lincecum is the most dominant pitcher I've personally seen since I watched Bob Gibson, but I've never been one to think pitchers should win the MVP. The MVP should be reserved for everyday players. You can call me an idiot too, but it won't change my opinion

The argument is truly moot though, because of the following line:

AB: 377
    R: 85
    H: 122
    2B: 27
    HR: 36
    SO: 42
    RBI: 97
    AVG: .324
    OBP: .446
    SLG: .687

That line projects out to 40 doubles, 53 HRs.

Pujols wll win the MVP, though I'll give you Lincecum will probably finish in the Top 3. (I still am against him even qualifying though)

Awards aside, let's enjoy watching him pitch, because he is a once in a generation or two talent.
    Well, it's good to know that you don't let stupid things like logic or reason dictate your opinion. **** that man, irrationality is where it's at.

Timmy's already been significantly better than Pujols this year, and that gap will only increase as the season goes on.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lincecain91 View Post
    Well, it's good to know that you don't let stupid things like logic or reason dictate your opinion. **** that man, irrationality is where it's at.

Timmy's already been significantly better than Pujols this year, and that gap will only increase as the season goes on.
    LOL. Well, that's true if I relied on logic and reason, the point might still be moot, but I'd have to be mute on the subject.....Sides, my wife would agree with you, cause if you ask her I'm always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mise View Post
    Fine. Call me an idiot. I'm done with this forum. Good bye.
    Hasn't other regulars said the same thing, but come back after a little bit.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast