Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We only know one thing for sure, and that is a starting pitcher FOR SURE does not affect the outcome of the game 130 times out of 162.

That to me is compelling enough reason to rule out pitchers for the MVP award. Nothing else really matters. That single fact alone trumps all.

Quote Originally Posted by mise View Post
    We only know one thing for sure, and that is a starting pitcher FOR SURE does not affect the outcome of the game 130 times out of 162.

That to me is compelling enough reason to rule out pitchers for the MVP award. Nothing else really matters. That single fact alone trumps all.
    We also know that hitters don't affect single games as much as pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantes4Life View Post
    We also know that hitters don't affect single games as much as pitchers.
    It's pointless to continue this debate, because you are not looking at it the way I am.

I don't care how good you are in 30 games, when you miss 130 games, you should not be the MVP.

It's pointless to continue this debate, because you are not looking at it the way I am.

I don't care how good you are in 30 games, when you miss 130 games, you should not be the MVP.
    Again that's your opinion.

I believe: If you're more valuable, then you're more valuable. And you're not looking at it this way.

You're being an idiot. For whatever reason, you're getting hung up on the "130 times out of 162" and not thinking critically about the situation.

The impact that a pitcher has for every game he starts is AT LEAST equivalent to the impact that a lone hitter has for every 5 games he starts.

Quote Originally Posted by lincecain91 View Post
    You're being an idiot. For whatever reason, you're getting hung up on the "130 times out of 162" and not thinking critically about the situation.

The impact that a pitcher has for every game he starts is AT LEAST equivalent to the impact that a lone hitter has for every 5 games he starts.
    Fine. Call me an idiot. I'm done with this forum. Good bye.
    Last edited by mise; 08-06-2009 at 02:39 AM.

See you tomorrow man.

Interesting article. Surprising to see Winn #40, also odd to see Cain not in the top 58. I've always thought it was dumb pitchers would win MVP, there is an award for pitchers only so MVP should only be for hitters (but if a Giants pitcher is in the running for the award i change my stance).

I don't have a problem with a pitcher winning the MVP award. In some years, they are just absolutely dominant (Koufax in '63, Gibson and McLain in '68), but I don't believe it's in the cards this year in the NL. But a Card will win it!

inb4ucomeback

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    In that same article Bengie said he has a game plan for Posey. I don't think Buster will have much trouble hitting 2 strike fastballs in the middle of the plate.

I'm sorry, but I simply do not agree with the notion that a pitcher should win the MVP. Maybe if the year when there is no clear cut candidate out of position player, when the best player have a line of like .313 / .348/ .450 or something then OK, you consider a 300K, 2.2 ERA pitcher for the MVP.
    That's about A.J. Pierzynski's line this year (.313/.340/.460). Am I to understand that AJ's value debatably rivals Lincecum's merely because Tim only pitches every 5th day? Freddy Sanchez is batting .300/.338/.450 -- should we have considered trading Matt Cain for him?

While I think it's more likely that a position player will be the most valuable player in a league, I don't see why pitchers seem to suddenly lose value when it comes to the MVP discussion. And I most certainly don't see why they should be categorically excluded, unless you're going to change the award to Most Valuable Hitter.

Are the Giants contending for a playoff spot without Lincecum? Not a chance. For that reason alone, his name belongs in the MVP discussion.

Cain and Lincecum Co-CY Young winners!

Harbaugh to Michigan...I guarantee it. Quote me on it. Write it down. Hold me too it.
    -StriveGreatness

Lincecum will win the mvp. Cain will win the cy young, and everything works out

"If you win more innings than the other team, you will have a good chance at winning the game."
    -Bip Roberts

Lincecum for MVP? You guys can't be serious.

Pujols deserves MVP
    Lince Cy Young

I would actually prefer Timmy winning the Cy Young, if he were to win the MVP everyone would be saying "Pujols deserved it more" which he does, I wouldn't want someone else be talks above Timmy when talking about an award.......I will take WS MVP though along side the Cy Young...
    Want me to make you a painting similar to this vvvvvv?? Message me and we can work something out

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    The Lions defense is better than SF...run, pass, whatever...they are badder and better... Cook the stats however you want to say SF is better at stopping the run or whatever but the Lions defense is better at winning games.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't bring the real facts you are looking for.
    Here it is:
    5-0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast