Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Denzel Washington talks to OchoCinco

Cincinnati Bengals wideout Chad Ochocinco met Denzel Washington at a Los Angeles Lakers game this past spring, it wasn’t the mutual fawning session you might expect. Rather than compliment the receiver formerly known as Johnson for his athletic excellence, Washington called him out, portraying Ochocinco’s lost 2008 season as a self-inflicted nightmare.

“He got on me about the way I handled myself last offseason,” Ochocinco recalled in a phone conversation last week. “He wasn’t being gentle. He said, ‘You know what? You need to straighten up and stop fussin’ about something you have no control over. Make it fun again because it sure looks better when you do it that way.’ That’s all I needed to hear, especially from somebody like him.”

Ochocinco plans to repay Washington by having a great year and smiling all the way to the finish.

“The good thing is, he says he’s gonna come watch me play, and I can’t wait,” Ochocinco says. “That might be the game where I get 500 yards. There’s no doubt that I’ll be back this season. It’s common sense. When I’m running my mouth and I’m happy, good stuff happens.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Glad to see a great actor like Denzel Washington get on OchoCinco for all the dumb stuff he did last season. He says he is primed for a break-out season, and I hope he is. With Chris Henry also making great strides both on and off the field, the WRs' for the Bengals look promising this season. Hopefully the Bengals can now enlist the help of Denzel Washington whenever they need to.

It would be good to see Chad regain his old form and be the premier WR that we know he can be. I'm looking for the offence to have a huge rebound with Chad, Coles and Henry, a health Palmer and a solid season by Benson. The defence still worries me.

Kinsm is offline Kick'em when they're down
    Chad the attention grubbing w**** just needs to shut up and play ball. The fact that anything Denzel has to say is enough to motivate him and what Marvin tells him doesn't is B.S. I will always root for the bengals through thick and thin, and acknowledge and admire CJ's abilities but I hate this guys character and demeanor.

it doesnt matter how good chad is, if we dont have a good OL it wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Chad the attention grubbing w**** just needs to shut up and play ball. The fact that anything Denzel has to say is enough to motivate him and what Marvin tells him doesn't is B.S. I will always root for the bengals through thick and thin, and acknowledge and admire CJ's abilities but I hate this guys character and demeanor.
    Well I think all of us Bengal fans were tired of his actions this past season. But it seems that he is getting back to his old ways of having fun both off and on the field. And our OL has made lots of improvements from last year.

Who cares what Denzel Washington said to him? I am pretty sure CJ wont change because he spoke to some actor

"There’s no doubt that I’ll be back this season. It’s common sense. When I’m running my mouth and I’m happy, good stuff happens." And what good stuff would that be Chad? Is this guy EVER going to grow up and be a respectable determined athlete. If I see him pout again this year for not getting the ball I'm going to flip. Grow up Ochocinco? or whatever the hell your calling yourself these days. Theres nothing funny about 42 years without a super bowl

GODS OF JUICE

Quote Originally Posted by Freel for prez View Post
    "There’s no doubt that I’ll be back this season. It’s common sense. When I’m running my mouth and I’m happy, good stuff happens." And what good stuff would that be Chad? Is this guy EVER going to grow up and be a respectable determined athlete. If I see him pout again this year for not getting the ball I'm going to flip. Grow up Ochocinco? or whatever the hell your calling yourself these days. Theres nothing funny about 42 years without a super bowl
    x2 But I don't think OchoCinco cares about that lol. And if a guy as old as him hasn't grown up yet, I wouldn't expect him too anytime soon. And yea there is nothing funny about the part in the bold.