Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Been able to go out a ton lately. Really want my game to evolve this summer. Nothing dramatic but, I'd really like to round out my short game.

Start of the season for me has been rough allot of 3 putting and just lack of confidence with my irons. However I've completely dedicated this entire summer all my days off to just hitting the course or practicing at the range.

Played for the first time at a newer course in NE Ohio, The Quarry, on Thursday. I had played the front 9 as a sub in a league with a buddy of mine, but had never played the back. I started the day going 5 over through 5 holes (1 double, 1 par, and 3 bogies). I finished the front 9 in 42 (nothing too good, nothing too bad...was able to play well over the last 4 on that side).

Going to the back 9, having never played the side, and got it to -2 for the back through 15 holes. Come to #16, a par 5 dogleg right. Hit a good tee shot, layed it up to about 130 (a BIG comfort spot for me), and hit my 3rd shot onto the green (albeit the front of the green with a back pin). My birdie putt, on the peanut shaped green, had to go off the green and then back on to have any chance to get it anywhere near the hole...blew the putt, leaving it WAY short and then burned the edge on the par putt to make a bogey and go back to -1 on the back. Came to #18, BOMBED a drive leaving me about 115-120 (in between my lob wedge and 56 degree)...decided to go with the 56 degree and back off a little...didn't finish my swing and left it out to the right, missing the green. Hit my chip to about 8 feet (I had myself short-sided on the chip) and then burned the edge again to finish the back 9 at even par 36 to shoot 78 for the round...never been so disappointed in finishing a 9 in even par!

Thought I was back to playing good golf...until yesterday!!! Played 36 holes for the first time in a long time...and it was like I had never played the game before!!! Shot 86-90 and wanted to hang myself...but, that's the way this fickle game is....and, for some unknown reason....I still love it!!!

My career hasn't allowed for my to play golf in some time and since moving to a new area I haven't found anyone to go with. About a week ago a guy I work with told me he went early in the morning before work and I figured I join in. I've been twice so far this week playing 9 holes each the morning.

First day - I was +7 through 7, but after falling apart on the last two holes I went +13

Second day - Started off great with a Birdie, but after two abysmal holes (2nd and 3rd) I was sitting +6 after 3 holes. Finished off a +12 after bogey golf the rest of the way.

Overall for not playing in over 5 years (or even swinging a club), I'm not to unhappy. I can think of 3-5 stroke in each round that I could have taken off with a friendly bounce or roll. My goal is to get to a +3 or better by the end of the year.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Played an impromptu 18 with my dad on Friday at what was my home course when I was a kid. The course went downhill BIGTIME over the last 10 years or so, but was recently sold and is slowly but surely making improvements.

This was my first round in 3 weeks...so my expectations weren't all that high. I started off bogey (treed off the tee), bogey (3 putt from 45 feet), bogey (lipped out on my attempt at a sand save). On the 4th tee...the driver and I started to get along, I blistered a 320 yarder leaving myself 65 yards in and made a 2 putt par. I went on to par 5 and 6 as well (hit my 2nd shot on the par 5 into the water and then staked my next shot for a tap in par). Went to 7 and crushed another tee shot leaving myself inside of 50 yards, hit my second shot to 10 feet and made the birdie. I parred both 8 and 9, missing a 10 footer on 9 for birdie to shoot 38 (par 36).

On the back 9, hit a BIG drive on the par 5 10th, leaving me just outside of 150 in (the tees were up...but it was still crushed). Hit my 2nd shot to about 15 feet, missed the eagle putt, and made birdie (back to +1). Made par on 11 (another big tee shot, missed the green, made a save). The toughest green on the course, par 3 #12, brought me back to +2 (missed the green short left and chipped to about 8 feet and missed the putt). #13 made another save after pushing my tee shot into the trees on the right. Hit the par 3 14th green in regulation and made a tap in par after leaving the birdie putt on the high side. Had another shot at eagle on the par 5 15th, missing a 24 footer on the low side, leaving myself a tap in birdie (back to +1 on the day). The 16th hole is one of the tougher holes on the back side with a creek forcing you to lay up off the tee to a tree lined fairway...left myself with only a punch 2nd shot, which I hit too well, blowing it over the green by about 15 yards (with a green running away from me on the ensuing chip). I hit the chip to about 8 feet and drained the par putt for another save.

On the 17th hole...short par 3, left my tee shot in the front bunker and proceeded to blade the bunker shot over the green, leading to my first double bogey of the day (+3). On to 18, a good risk/reward hole. There is a lake on the right that is VERY reachable, but there is also a landing zone to the left of the lake that would allow you to hit driver if you chose. I chose to lay up short of the lake, leaving myself 85 yards on my 2nd shot. I then proceeded to chunk my 3/4 lob wedge into the lake...dropped and hit my 4th shot to about 10 feet, missed the putt and made another double to finish +5.

Loved going back to my old stomping grounds...they have a plaque for my late grandfather and a couple of his buddies that planted over 2,000 trees on the course. Would have loved to finish stronger...but, 77 after a 3 week layoff wasn't bad. I now can't wait to go back to that course and play again to see if I can finish the round!

First round of my Sunday league today. I hit a small bucket yesterday but had not had time to do any chipping or putting with my baseball schedule. Started out with a par on 1...ho hum...fairway (not struck all that well), green, 2 putt from about 25 feet. Staked my 2nd shot on 2 to make birdie, then parred 3-7 staying at -1 through 7. Made my first bogey on 8...chili dipped a chip and just missed an 18 footer for par...back to even. Made another bogey on 9...shouldn't have been disappointed in +1 for my first 9...but...

Back 9 started out bogey, double, bogey...bad habits started to return (didn't check a distance of the tee and left myself 50 yards on an approach, which wouldn't have been an issue mid-season..but, not comfortable there on round 1, had another instance of being between clubs and clubbed up instead of attacking the lower club...just dumb stuff). Then I refocused and parred in to shoot 39 on the back.

76 for my first round of the year...I was ecstatic!!! Won $30, only paid $25...came out +$5...and...now I want to blow off baseball to play EVERYDAY!!! Beautiful day, great round of golf, THIS is what spring is supposed to be in NE Ohio!!!

I was -2 yesterday and -18 overall the last four days at Augusta.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I was -2 yesterday and -18 overall the last four days at Augusta.
    What.

Hi, do you know that Billy Walters also loved to play golf? Here https://billy-walters.com/billy-walters-net-worth/ u can read more about it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112