Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Mavs talk to lamar odom

LINK:http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1835

Orlando has matched Dallas offer sheet so can we please get over gortat, so in other new mavs could possibly be in pursuit of lamar odom if he decides not to be a laker again and with the news going around that his agent and Kupchak are not seeing eye to eye it can very possibly happen

PG Jason Kidd /J.J. Barea /Rodrigue Beaubois
    SG Josh Howard / Jason Terry
    SF Shawn Marion / Josh Howard
    PF Lamar Odom/ Dirk Nowitzki / Ahmad Nivins*
    C Dirk Nowitzki / Nathan Jawai

& E.Dampier's expiring contract

They cant offer him any more than us, so why would he go there?

how much money do the mavs have to sign him?

he would be a pretty good fit there, but theyd be soft inside...

no way

Quote Originally Posted by mavs&colts View Post

Orlando has matched Dallas offer sheet so can we please get over gortat, so in other new mavs could possibly be in pursuit of lamar odom if he decides not to be a laker again and with the news going around that his agent and Kupchak are not seeing eye to eye it can very possibly happen

I am so sorry to disapoint you but 1) Dirk cant play C 2) Your not going to have Josh Howard coming out the bench and I am sure dallas would only offer him a contract if he is willing to come off the bench like he did for the lakers. I know that he will not get enough minutes there with Dirk,Marion,Howard taking up all those minutes. So o-dum is not going to dallas.
    FEAR US!!!

they would need to trade dampires expiring and some picks they got no money to offer.

also dirk as center would be laughabe
    ]

I see this working only with Oklahoma sign-and-trading Lamar Odom for Josh Howard. If they want Josh. Because I'd like to believe there is no way LA would sign-and-trade Lamar.

if he is going to sign for the mle over 5 years Miami is his best option. with LO miami is a player in the eastern conference and he could start in miami

Quote Originally Posted by mavs&colts View Post

I see no point on getting him for Dallas unless they are just loading up there bench.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

The best the Mavs can offer is the MLE and the Lakers are offering $8+ million. The chances of Odom signing with the Mavs is unlikely unless the clear up some cap space. Or maybe a sign & trade possibility..

Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    I am so sorry to disapoint you but 1) Dirk cant play C 2) Your not going to have Josh Howard coming out the bench and I am sure dallas would only offer him a contract if he is willing to come off the bench like he did for the lakers. I know that he will not get enough minutes there with Dirk,Marion,Howard taking up all those minutes. So o-dum is not going to dallas.

Im sorry to dissapoint you but
    1)If pau gasol can play at center dirk should have no problems at center if he gains weight and work on his post game because there is no more agression in the 5 position besides D.Howard or Shaq
    2)Howard would start at SGand back up marion at sf
    3)if you are a heat fan i would worry less about what any other team in the nba is doin and more about what you guys are going to have to do to retain D.Wade

and besides did you not read the article we have greg buckner who we can pretty much do the same to him as we did to stackhouse

if dirk is the starting C for dallas, I would count down the days until my team played them, declare that day a personal holiday, take the day off from work, and bask all day knowing that my big man is going to put up a bare minimum of 50 points and 40 rebounds.

big news dude, dirk is SOFTER than pau and hgets his points from jumpers and 3pt he wodul be killed inside.

second.

make it odom AND either sasha or Walton for Damps expiring AND terry and i buy it.
    ]

i love dirk, have posters of him in my room and and a signed/framed authentic jersey hanging above my bed..but i would hate to see him be a full time center..he'd get eaten alive down low..but lamar would be cool if marion wasn't aquired.

Where will Lamar Odom end up?

LA seems like the smart choice but i hear blazers(if millsap is matched) and maybe even Miami and mavs for a sign and trade

where do you guys think he will end up. i think him and the lakers can work it out. Thoughts?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast