Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Iverson in 'serious talks' with Clippers

Reporting from Las Vegas -- Talks between the Clippers and free-agent guard Allen Iverson have been characterized as "very serious," according a source close to Iverson who was not authorized to speak publicly about the negotiations.

The Clippers have long been intrigued by Iverson, having come close to acquiring him in the past.

As recently as last week, however, their interest in him was considered more of a long shot.

The Clippers were also waiting to see what would happen with their trade that sent Zach Randolph to Memphis, but that deal is scheduled to be completed Friday.

Iverson is looking at the $5.8-million mid-level exception for next season, and one of his other potential suitors, the Miami Heat, is reportedly unwilling to offer more than $2 million for one season.

Until now, the team expressing the most interest in Iverson was Memphis, but team owner Michael Heisley was quoted today in the Commercial Appeal as saying he thought the Grizzlies were a last resort for Iverson.

Iverson, who turned 34 last month, was traded from Denver to Detroit last season and had a disappointing season for the Pistons. He also caused a flap during the spring when he said he didn't want to come off the bench for the Pistons.

Iverson averaged a career-low 17.5 points in 57 games for Denver and Detroit. He won the NBA MVP award in the 2000-01 season.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3368713.story

good move for all I think, unless Iverson gets in the way of Gordons development.

Iverson to the clipps? LOL

Iverson, B Davis, Eric Gordon? Odd combo.

Bad move, he and B Diddy can not co-exist

Don't see it happening. You just cannot have B Davis and Iverson on the same team.

I don't know if it would work in LA or not....but damn, that's a lot of talent on one team.

Allen Iverson
    Baron Davis
    Marcus Camby
    Eric Gordon
    Blake Griffin
    Chris Kaman
    Al Thornton

The good news for that team is that both Griffin and Camby don't need the ball to be effective, and Gordon can spot up for 3's.

I think a coach like Phil Jackson or Pat Riley would get that team to buy into a common goal, and that squad could do damage. But I don't think Dunleavy has what it takes.

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

Thanks to JDink24 on the sig

thats a horrible move 4 tha clips . Iverson demands tha ball in order 2 b effective plus he wuld get in tha way of gordons developement

bad for Clips IMO

EJ won't ever see the ball again

They have a good young core developing why would they get Iverson who is washed up and a ball hog to take away minutes from Eric Gordon and they're other young players.
    https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/960x0/https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2Fb92ddcbe  4ca443338ded010cb573e550%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

Essentially, Eric Gordon plays the same role that Allen Iverson plays. Why go after AI when you have Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by OT Thriller View Post
    Essentially, Eric Gordon plays the same role that Allen Iverson plays. Why go after AI when you have Gordon?
    4 Depth

I love it, but we need a coach to make it all fit, Dunleavy isnt the guy.

AI would replace the **** minutes we got from Ricky or whoever was playing backup PG/SG.

You know what Iverson's career assist numbers are better than Billups, T parker, Gilbert Arenas, and Derek Fisher but Iverson is a Ball hog. Because he is able to score that makes him a ball hog. Wow. He lead Denver in assist and scoring but he will not pass the ball. Some of these copy cat post are amazing

AI and B-Diddy... That would be a sight to see haha

don't see this happening...

Clippers might have a good young core in Griffin, Gordon, Thorton, Jordan, and Taylor... no reason to bring in Iverson

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnnyTroubleLC
    Follow Me on Twitter -> @JohnnyTroubleLC [strictly comedy & my daily ramblings]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast