Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will be at point?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Blake

31 32.98%
  • Jarrod Bayless

16 17.02%
  • Kirk Hinrich

16 17.02%
  • Andre Miller

26 27.66%
  • Other

5 5.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who will be at point for the Blazers

do the poll

Bayless will be an all star someday , so i'm going with him.

Some people will knock it but if you check the stat sheet and the leadership qualities he brings to the team, and not to mention durability as far as injuries are concerned...Andre Miller is best option for Portland. Out of all those listed as well, none is better than Dre at penetrating and throwing the alley oop!!....but everyone has their own opinions...some will run on with age....but thats what a veteran brings. Yeah he is 33 but none of the PG's above has a better stat line than him from last year..the end!

i like hinrich
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

Yeah but having Hinrich will stunt the growth of Bayless for years....You just need a veteran for 2 years with a player option for the 3rd. In addition to that Miller has the best basketball IQ and experience to mold Bayless...but most of you will ignore basics like that!!

With Gordon gone Hinrich wouldn't be traded without something significant coming back in return.

The Grand Chessboard

i said blake, though i can see them making a runn at miller, as they didnt get hedo, though i think there system suits a pg who can pass, which miller certainly can do though they would need somebody who is at the very least decent at hitting the three, where as miller is just awful.

i dont think hinrich will get traded now that gordon is gone and i think if they dont make a trade then blake will start the season as their starter but eventually bayless will get the starting spot....though he will still be very young, though d rose did it last year in his rookie season for the bulls

If Portland wants to go past the First round then sign Miller....if they just want to play around again next year with an early first round exit then let Bayless and Blake start...You need an experience general at the Point to succeed in the playoffs..its intense.

i have a feeling in my gut that it will be andre

they should try a Roy and Rudy backcourt
    ]

Why haven't they considered Kidd?

Blazer making movesssss.. Ideal Trades!

1. Bulls and Blazers

- Blazers acquire PG Kirk Hinrich from Bulls in exchange for SG M. Webster, PG Steve Blake, and 2010 2nd rd pick.

2. Blazers and S.A Spurs

- Spurs acquire L. Aldridge from Blazers in exchange for Manu Ginobli and 2010 2nd rd pick.... Sign & Trade: Blazers sign Aldridge 4yr 42 mill.. then traded to SA for Ginobli.

3. Blazers and Knicks

- Blazers acquire D. Lee from Knicks in exchange for PG Rudy Fernandez and SF Travis Outlaw

Blazers Projected Lineup:

C: Joel Pryzbilla/Greg Oden
    PF: David Lee/Jeff Pendergraph/Dante Cunningham
    SF: Manu Ginobli/Nicolas Batum/Victor Claver
    SG: Brandon Roy
    PG: Kirk Hinrich/Jerryd Bayless/Patty Mills

Trade works b/c...

1) Aldridge had stated that after his contract expires.. he would like to return to his home state of Texas.

2) They lost out on Turk.. Ginobli can provide that spark turk would be presented. He also only has 1 year remaining on his contract.. which he can help blossom both Batum and rookie D Cunnighman at the SF position.

3) Hinrich is a proven PG that can also provide his versatility; can either be the starting pg.. or move bayliss to PG and be be the 6th man as either a PG/SG guy.

4) David Lee trade gives them a player for the next 5 yrs...

Projected deal: 5yr 52mill

Season prediction if deals go down.....

Top 5 in Western Conference...

I don't see the Bulls trading Hinrich for two lesser players in Martel/Blake. If they move Hinrich they should be trading him for equal value or as a part of a package to get a better player. Hinrich has no leverage (if he even wanted to be traded - and he doesn't) the Blazers have no leverage and so the trade really needs to make sense for both teams.

The Grand Chessboard

Quote Originally Posted by FNM BOY View Post
    If Portland wants to go past the First round then sign Miller....if they just want to play around again next year with an early first round exit then let Bayless and Blake start...You need an experience general at the Point to succeed in the playoffs..its intense.
    Rajon Rondo begs to differ

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    they should try a Roy and Rudy backcourt
    i want to see that also

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast