Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Why do people not think Shaq will have an impact on the Cavaliers next season?

Sure Shaq is 37 years old, but look at Kareem at 37 and Karl Malone. Malone was getting 23 and 8 on 50% fg and Kareem was getting you 22 and 8 and 2 bpg on 60% fg.

I'm not saying Shaq will get those numbers but it isn't out of the question for Shaq to average 18-20 ppg and 8-9 rpg along with 1.5-2.0 bpg.

I think that is significant impact for a big man.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

I agree. Shaq is coming off a legitimate allstar season where he missed zero games due to injury. His low post game (scoring passing and defense) make him a huge impact on any team. Plus his championship leadership and playoff toughness matched with Lebrons desire to win. How many times did Jordan lose before he got there?Lebron felt thatsting this year. He won't again and Shaq will have something to do with it for the next two or three years. Shaq is on a teamhe doesn't have to carry all we need is 20 min a night for him to dominate. We have Big Z as a backup one of the few true centers left. That also makes Shaq life easier.

Kareem and Malone were fit.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

Because he won't...that's why.And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Kareem and Malone were fit.
    Did you see Kareem at 37? The guy was soo slow it wasn't even funny. Malone was fit, but Kareem was not as fit as Shaq.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Work Ethic and Attitude

Kareem and Malone's dedication was not challenged or questioned how Shaq's was/is
    - I Got Hurt on company time, I'll heal on company time rings a bell after the 3peat
    - Buy me out when Miami was playing poorly

He also has that whole when things don't go well I'll chuck everyone under the bus but myself attitude. Yoy win with Shaq and his team played great and insert perimeter player here is the best in the world. You lose with Shaq and its these guys need to step up, they aren't doing their job, and/or cannot lead or carry a team
    (Kobe, Penny, Wade, Van Exel, Nash, Horry)

Oh and my favorite - You don't feed the dog and he won't protect the yard

The one saving grace is that Shaq is good in his first year with people and doesn't start trouble until someone's star power rivals his. They won't have to worry about that ion Cleveland because he and Lebron both have 1 year deals.

I love Shaq for what he has done for my team and appreciate his time here, but I would be lying through my teeth if I didn't say that Shaq needs others to motivate him as he doesn't and hasn't done it for himself since the 3peat.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTSNIPER View Post
    Because he won't...that's why.And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

... I do think he'll have an impact but the team is gonna go through some severe growing pain pains the first couple months.
    That's a big adustment that'll need to be made.

Shaq WILL still have an impact on the team. No matter how old or slow he gets....he'll still be one of the top 3 centers in league...especially with Yao gone now.

1. shaq is not fat. Might not be the fittest guy, But he's not fat.

2. Shaq will get 3-4 easy layup/dunks a game because of lebron.

3. Shaq will play well and help the cavs win. Thats not a concern at all. The only concern I have is his health. Played 75 games last season, He said he will be doing the same things he did with the suns trainers. I want atleast 67 games from him, and all of the postseason. We have Z, which is great.

If the cavs can grab dyess, parker I would be very happy.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Don't the cavs have the BAE?

If they do they should split it and the MLE between

Hill, Parker, and Dice since Wally, Andy, and Smith are rolling out

Shaq's gonna have a huge impact on the Cavs next season...

He thrives in slower paced offensive teams and Cleveland were 25th in the league last season in possessions per 48 minutes with 87.5

You then look at what the Cavs gave up for him:

Ben Wallace: 2.9 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 bpg, 23.5 mpg
    Sasha Pavlovic: 4.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg, 16 mpg

That's a combined 7.5 ppg and 8.4 rpg in 39.5 mpg

If Shaq plays 30 mpg and gets, as you said, between 18-20 ppg, 8-9 rpg, and 1.5-2 bpg, that's a huge upgrade. Not to mention the double teams he'll command and the pressure he'll take off LeBron, the Cavs look even more formidable than they did last season.

Everyone has valid posts.There's one thing we can't argue with...a motivated Shaq is a dangerous Shaq.

He can guard Dwight (at least much better than the junk they were throwing at him in the ECF). Simple as that. He's more effective, even at his old age, than any of the big men they had. He's supposedly getting in very good shape, he'll be very motivated, he's still dominating in size. Shaq can get away with being old. He doesn't' rely on speed and quickness, he relies on power and girth. For that reason, he'll be more effective in his late 30s than most every other player that's ever played.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    He can guard Dwight (at least much better than the junk they were throwing at him in the ECF). Simple as that. He's more effective, even at his old age, than any of the big men they had. He's supposedly getting in very good shape, he'll be very motivated, he's still dominating in size. Shaq can get away with being old. He doesn't' rely on speed and quickness, he relies on power and girth. For that reason, he'll be more effective in his late 30s than most every other player that's ever played.

Just make howard work.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

very good question... he is not the shaq of yesteryear... he is a decent player... but by no means does this move make cleveland the favorites... they are still lacking a player... shaq wont even average 30 min a game

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast