Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

David Stern needs to take a stand!

I'm just going to get right to the point. Any player that puts there name in the draft and then does the Eli Manning or Kobe Bryant should receive a five year suspension from re-entering the draft. Ricky Rubio doesn't want to go to Sota, suck it up. This is not fair to an organization like the Timberwolves who are trying to put a championship team together.
    P(NBA)S(NBA)D. Yeah we sometimes talk about other sports.

i like the idea of a suspension, but the player just holds out untill he gets traded, rarely does the player go back into the draft. I have no respect for these types of players, they mite not want to go to a certain city but suck it up

Rubio = This Year's Yi

I can't say that I blame them though, I know I wouldn't wanna be in Milwaukee or Minnesota either.

stop this madness.

So what? Rubio would just run off to Europe and not be affected at all
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Just wait until Rubio makes a decision before you jump the gun. He may very well be playing this little bit of a tactic game not against the Wolves but agaisnt Joventut. Joventut wants Rubio to buy out his contract and Ricky knows that so by threatening to return they may lower the buyout.

I fully agree, the player should face some sort of repercussion for these types of actions, Jimmy Jackson and Stephanie Francis are prime examples. There should be a stipulation when they enter the draft that they must report to whichever team drafts them or they just don't get into the league.

This is also why you speak with and work out players before the draft. They should know that he doesn't want to play for them and if that is the case why even make the pick. Now you may have wasted 2 players and the pick they got for them. They should have known this and if they did know why would you even want a guy on your team who doesn't want to be there.

I kind of agree with you that it is a little messed up for a team to pick someone then for that player to just leave. But you have think that Minnesota contacted Rubio and asked about this possibility. And you have to put yourself in his shoes. If you were a highly regarded basketball player, a prodigy if you will, would you want to play in Minnesota? Probably not. That's why we still have all the talk about Lebron leaving Cleveland, because it's a small market compared to New York, Miami, LA. Rubio's people want the best for Rubio, not Minnesota. Plus I think it's a little messed up how Minnesota drafted another PG with the 6th pick and then another one later one(even though they traded it).

Bobby Ray Simmons AKA B.O.B= The Best Up-And-Coming Rapper in the Game

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/...hange-gon-come

You play for the team that drafts you, not necessarily the team you want to play for the most. This is why the draft exists in the first place, so teams can't just snatch up all the young talent for themselves. If Rubio truly doesn't want to play in Minnesota, play out his contract with them and then sign anywhere he wants.

hi

a team that selects the player in the draft should have every rights.. if u not going to play on a team that drafted you because that team and place is not good enough to play is totally unfair for a team thats trying to rebuild.. david stern should put out a rule.. nba should suspend the player for remainder of his career.. i am sure that should fix this problem..

tbh i don't blame rubio because simply he isn't making his decision
    when he became professional in spain his family prevented him from talking to media until the olympics then they make him sign an awful contract with his club then one of the worst agents that an international prospect can have who thinks he can force NBA teams to do what he wants
    they thought that Sac wanted him desperately and tried to make thunder&Grizz not pick him and even with that he went to oklahoma before the draft
    and the result:Sac didn't pick him and found himself with the wolves in the 5th pick (i.e less money)
    then who said that he may stay at Europe?it was his father while when he spoke he said that he isn't disappointed but just don't know his future due to his buyout
    guys the kid is 18 he isn't in control of what he is doing

If the team is dumb enough to draft a player who does not want to be there, they are clearly not trying to build a quality team.

If they are forced to join the team they do not want to play for, they will sign the smallest contract and play it out and then bolt. Leaving the team with nothing.

Get quality guys who are wanting to play for you and develope that talent. What benefit would it be to force a player to play in a city he hates and cannot wait to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    This is also why you speak with and work out players before the draft. They should know that he doesn't want to play for them and if that is the case why even make the pick. Now you may have wasted 2 players and the pick they got for them. They should have known this and if they did know why would you even want a guy on your team who doesn't want to be there.
    Based on that logic everybody should hold their contracts for teams like the Lakers or Boston or Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by desertlakeshow View Post
    If the team is dumb enough to draft a player who does not want to be there, they are clearly not trying to build a quality team.

If they are forced to join the team they do not want to play for, they will sign the smallest contract and play it out and then bolt. Leaving the team with nothing.

Get quality guys who are wanting to play for you and develope that talent. What benefit would it be to force a player to play in a city he hates and cannot wait to leave.
    Firstly, rookie contracts in the first round are predetermined. That is why rookies in the NBA don't hold out like rookies in the NFL. Who cares where these guys want to play. They will get their day in free agency to have a say. When a prospect is drafted his rights belong to that team.

Secondly, I think that a ban would be an excellent idea. If you don't want to play where you were drafted then go play in some inferior league somewhere else.

Also, I don't think that these international players should be able to enter the draft if they are under contract with another team in another country. If they plan to come to the NBA then don't sign deals that would keep them from doing so. It is ridiculous that these young men who have proven nothing at this level feel they have so much power to hold a team hostage. Stern should definitely do something about it. It hurts the league when the players are seen as spoiled, whiney, self-important jerks.
    Avatar- hand painted by me. Interested? Check out my other work here. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1007089

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast