Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hand-checking...

During the course of the NBA Finals, I have noticed players hand-checking Kobe all postseason long with not ONE whistle. The only whistles relating to a player hand-checking Kobe is when Kobe pulled the swing-through-shot and got a foul on Lee (and did the same once to Pietrus I believe).

I am sure anyone who has watched the playoffs as religiously as I have has seen this.

Does this happen with other superstars? I obviously have paid more attention to the way Kobe is guarded than other players, but I haven't seen other players hacked and handchecked nearly as much as Kobe. In fact, I rarely see another player handchecked at all.

Is it bias from a Laker fan's perspective? I can swear that he has been blatantly handchecked on numerous occaissions.

Yes, its a biased Lakers fans opinion. Kobe gets tons of calls, no reason to call a foul on the defender every time he touches the ball. You won the Championship, enough said. Congrats on the win, the rest is just sour grapes. Enjoy the win, don't complain about no calls.

DUKE.

Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    Yes, its a biased Lakers fans opinion. Kobe gets tons of calls, no reason to call a foul on the defender every time he touches the ball. You won the Championship, enough said. Congrats on the win, the rest is just sour grapes. Enjoy the win, don't complain about no calls.
    Kobe does get tons of calls... so it's okay to handcheck him? Lebron gets more calls, are players allowed to handcheck him as much as they want?

the whole worlds against Kobe, we get it, sheeshh

Let 'em play. The refs did a good job of that last night. If only every game was called like that. If refs blew a whistle for every hand check, I'd stop watching basketball.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    March 2018 Patch note: This version is hot, nice, funny, cool, hot & good™

Its easy to say that Kobe gets all the calls and we sure hear it, but in reality he was getting screwed in alot of ways. Hate all you want but its the truth, obvious calls that weren't getting called for someone that is supposed to get un fair calls...(lebron)

Lets go.

It's all fine and well that he gets fouled too much for your liking. The season is over, go and celebrate. Don't come whine and complain that Kobe doesn't get enough calls because it doesn't really matter now.

Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    Its easy to say that Kobe gets all the calls and we sure hear it, but in reality he was getting screwed in alot of ways. Hate all you want but its the truth, obvious calls that weren't getting called for someone that is supposed to get un fair calls...(lebron)
    They both get their fair share of calls. The difference is LeBron, when he attacks, goes all the way to the hoop, because he's better at it, and a worse shooter. When Kobe attacks, he usually ends up taking a mid range shot. Which situation are you more likely to get a call? Taking a fade away jump shot, or going through three guys to get a lay up. They are such different offensive players. Kobe is the drop dead shooter. LeBron isn't. LeBron is the explosive attacker who gets to the rim at will. Kobe isn't as good at doing that...although he's better than everyone at it not named LeBron or Wade.

They score in such different ways.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    March 2018 Patch note: This version is hot, nice, funny, cool, hot & good™

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    They both get their fair share of calls. The difference is LeBron, when he attacks, goes all the way to the hoop, because he's better at it, and a worse shooter. When Kobe attacks, he usually ends up taking a mid range shot. Which situation are you more likely to get a call? Taking a fade away jump shot, or going through three guys to get a lay up. They are such different offensive players. Kobe is the drop dead shooter. LeBron isn't. LeBron is the explosive attacker who gets to the rim at will. Kobe isn't as good at doing that...although he's better than everyone at it not named LeBron or Wade.

Ohhhh, okay, I understand now.

So Kobe gets enough calls since he's a jump shooter, so you can go ahead and handcheck him... no one else though.

Go ahead and slap his arm a few times while he's shooting while you're at it, the guy is too good at midrange jumpers for his own good.

Since refs are bound to call some fouls in Kobe's favor through the course of a game, when he drives in, unless he's absolutley hacked, don't call it.

Yea, I completely understand man. If Kobe were to get all the calls Lebron gets, Kobe would avg 50ppg and the game would be incredibly slow.

Tmac gets handchecked every possession of every game he plays

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

I don't need to know how Lebron and Kobe play and the differences between the two, thanks though. I'm talking about Lebron getting breathed on and getting calls, while kobe is getting hacked and doesn't get the call. While lebron gets blocked clean and its a foul.

Lets go.

Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    I don't need to know how Lebron and Kobe play and the differences between the two, thanks though. I'm talking about Lebron getting breathed on and getting calls, while kobe is getting hacked and doesn't get the call. While lebron gets blocked clean and its a foul.
    Basically,

Lebron got Dwight fouled out from an absolutely 100% clear cut CLEAN BLOCK.

Kobe gets hit on the wrist/hand and ends up airballing it (Pietrus got absolutely no part of the ball, he hit Kobe initially on the wrist and then the hand). No foul there. And this was not the only example, there were countless others in the Orlando series.

We just won the title and people are still complaining?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast