Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Downtown L.A. contemplates a Lakers parade

Source: LAtimes

The Lakers are only halfway to clinching the NBA Finals, but already the powers that be in downtown L.A. are thinking about the when-and-where of their victory parade.

In an e-mail to the downtown community Tuesday, LAPD Capt. Blake Chow said that a Lakers victory parade could happen as soon as Monday, should the team sweep the Orlando Magic in four games. A parade would begin at Staples Center about 11 a.m., travel south on Figueroa and end at the Coliseum about 1 p.m.

Should it take a bit longer to clinch the title, the parade could be held Wednesday, June 17th (if they win in five games); Friday the 19th (in six games) or Monday the 22nd (if it takes the full seven games).

And if a victory parade ends up being held in Orlando?

Chow doesn't allow for that possibility.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

If by some miracle Orlando wins do they go through disney?

I'm sure Orlando was planning parades too before the start of the finals or even now? They don't just arrange for one the day before.
    No acting here!

You have to plan these things early. I'm sure Orlando is making sure they are all set as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIN12NBA View Post
    You have to plan these things early. I'm sure Orlando is making sure they are all set as well.
    stop that

Quote Originally Posted by Living Legend View Post
    stop that

This just reminds me of Dallas in 2006. When they were up 2-0 the headlines were very similar saying that the city of Dallas was already preparing for the parade. You don't want to give a team extra adrenaline. Not that it will help Orlando in this case, but it did against Cleveland.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    This just reminds me of Dallas in 2006. When they were up 2-0 the headlines were very similar saying that the city of Dallas was already preparing for the parade. You don't want to give a team extra adrenaline. Not that it will help Orlando in this case, but it did against Cleveland.
    I guarantee this is the case for every single team in the finals though.
    No acting here!

I'm pretty much a 100% sure that Orlando is preparing as well and they should be preparing. This isn't something you cook up in one days notice.

The games still have to be won on the basketball court, so it doesn't matter what fans and or city officials are planning. Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and the rest of the Lakers know that this series is not over and are definitely treating the Magic as a worthy opponent. If you listen to every postgame, Jackson and Bryant are always talking about how the series is not a cakewalk and that LA has to be ready every game because Orlando is a very good team.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 06-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIN12NBA View Post
    I'm pretty much a 100% sure that Orlando is preparing as well and they should be preparing. This isn't something you cook up in one days notice.
    Exactly, when a team reaches the championship rounds, rest assured that team is preparing as if they are going to win it all. It's always better to plan ahead of time.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Shame on the City of Los Angeles for being prepared. How ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    Shame on the City of Los Angeles for being prepared. How ridiculous.
    Stupid L.A. What ever happened to being spontaneous?

For all intentions and pruposes they should be getting ready for a Parade. L.A. is up 2-1 and are the favorites to win. Why wouldn't they prepare just in case? Better to prepare for a parade then get caught with your pants down.

It's a good thing this Laker team isn't as mentally weak as that mavs team.
    LA Kings : Kovalchuk
    LA Lakers: Lebron James
    SF 49ers: Jimmy G
    SF Giants: ????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast