Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Roy Halladay 25+ Wins?

Getting outside the Jays forum on this one to see a less biased opinion.

Will Roy Halladay win 25+ games this year?

Yesterday in his second complete game in a row the Doc became the majors first 10 game winner and with a record of 10-1 is on pace to win 27 games (espn projection) this season.

What's the league wide consensus on Roy winning 25+ this year?

There is no chance he will win more than 25 games (This is coming from a Jays fan) but 23-24 would be possible and awsome. When was the last time someone won 23 games. 2003?

i say he could, but you never know. 25 would be tough, but he would be the best guy to do it since he rarely has to rely on the bull pen and is dominate.He can over come offensive slumps eaiser than most as well. If I had to say one way or the other, I think he will barring injury. He is the best in the game in my opinion.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

he should have atleast 11 if not 12 already its possible, he pitches well enough to win about 28 times a year, whether hes got the support from hitters and the bullpen is the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    There is no chance he will win more than 25 games (This is coming from a Jays fan) but 23-24 would be possible and awsome. When was the last time someone won 23 games. 2003?
    It was Barry Zito in 2002, with a 24 - 5 record.

Yes, Halladay can certainly make it. it will be a shame if Greinke can win 20 games too, because the press is giving him the Cy Young treatment already.

Every year, there's a pitcher who starts off hot, and people wonder how high it can go. I remember people mentioning this about Brandon Webb last year. Look for 20-22 from Halladay.
    METS
    GIANTS
    KNICKS
    RANGERS

He can if Jays offense keeps rolling.

ill go with 23

Unless some freak injury occurs (kevin mench liner off his leg)... He could win between 22-25.. He eats up a lot of innings and as a result he can go deep into games and that allows the jays offense to play catch up if they need to. It gives him a legit shot at a high win total because of this.

These complete games have to be wearing on the guy. Every year he ends up on the DL.

Ill got with 19 wins and a trip to the DL for a tired arm after 6th complete game.

If he stays healthy, he will get 24 wins.
    Thank you Saints. i can watch TV again.

Welcome Nate Robinson to the Boston Celtics! I am one of the few who support this deal.

Please Patriots, no more CBA talks. I and the fans dont care. We want to win. Get this roster where it needs to be. NO excuses.

We couldnt sign a big hitter, so the Red Sox are all about De-Fense. Hope it works!

Boston Sports for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownTeamsRKing View Post
    These complete games have to be wearing on the guy. Every year he ends up on the DL.

Ill got with 19 wins and a trip to the DL for a tired arm after 6th complete game.

If he stays healthy, he will get 24 wins.
    Ugh... no he doesn't. His only self inflicted injury was his shoulder in 2004 from his intense offseason. The 2005 freak liner off the leg and the 2007 appendicitis had nothing to do with Halladay's workload.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdelish View Post
    Ugh... no he doesn't. His only self inflicted injury was his shoulder in 2004 from his intense offseason. The 2005 freak liner off the leg and the 2007 appendicitis had nothing to do with Halladay's workload.
    well maybe im exagerating, but i always see this guy not playing for some reason or another so i have hard time giving him more than 22 wins.
    Thank you Saints. i can watch TV again.

Welcome Nate Robinson to the Boston Celtics! I am one of the few who support this deal.

Please Patriots, no more CBA talks. I and the fans dont care. We want to win. Get this roster where it needs to be. NO excuses.

We couldnt sign a big hitter, so the Red Sox are all about De-Fense. Hope it works!

Boston Sports for Life.

No way.. he will cool off for sure....

Quote Originally Posted by degnor View Post
    Every year, there's a pitcher who starts off hot, and people wonder how high it can go. I remember people mentioning this about Brandon Webb last year. Look for 20-22 from Halladay.
    i agree for the most part, but when's the last time halladay wasn't pitching great?

Baseball has a funny way of evening things out as the season goes on. Regressing to the mean and such.

That, and the standard "Who cares how many wins a pitcher has?" would be my answer, I guess.

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast