Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Ben Zobrist

Ben Zobrist

So, as far as I know we have a good relationship with the Ray's (Will Aybar trade) and Zobrist is their Super Utility player (can pretty much do everything well but pitch, catch, and play 1st).

I'd love to have him for an everyday left fielder. He's got speed, power, and can hit for average. He's having a great year and is filling in for Jason Bartlett while he's on the DL. Every year that he get's more playing time he improves on all of his numbers, and days when a guy needs a day off he can fill in and you can plug Diaz into LF. Zobrist is 28, a Switch-Hitter, and you can look at all his numbers HERE.

The only thing I haven't figured out... is what we have that the Rays might want...

More like everyday RF

A guy who plays every position and has an OPS of 1.099.

He's in their lineup everyday now, and is one of their best hitters. He's also making the minimum and has several more years of team control so getting him from a small market team like the Rays would be a hefty price.

They might have moved him, that is until Iwamura went down

theyarent gonna move him with Iwamura being out for the season with a torn ACL and Bartlett on the DL. He was playing a lot of right when they were healthy so i doubt they would move him anyway because he was hitting better than Upton and Burrell

They wouldn't have moved him before then, either. Utility guys like that are so useful that they can't possibly bring back enough in a trade.
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

^^ I agree. The fact that he is a good utility guy is the reason that it will be hard to get him out of TB. But, if the price isn't too high, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go for him.

I wish we could get him hes havin a good year

There is NO WAY we can get Ben Zobrist without severely overpaying for him if they even move him then. Why make a new thread about him when there is NO BASIS for him comin here other than you want him to come here???? I would love to have him here, so can we move this to possible trade deadline ideas, because when I come to the forum and see a thread marked Ben Zobrist I get my hopes up thinking is there a story linking him to us??? Then all my enthusiasm gets crushed when all it is, is a guy wishing we could get him and really has no link to us what-so-ever. I know that you want people to read what you think about these players but just post it in an acceptable thread and believe me people will discuss it, but these threads with no basis is just like me making one about Albert Puljols Id love to have him but there is nothing tying him to Atlanta. Lets make it easy for everyone to follow

^ exactly my thinking..there is no connection to zobrist to the braves at all so why makea new thread?? zobrist is not going no where..tampa needs him.
    Atlanta Braves Fan..Dallas Cowboys fan..Indiana Hoosiers Fan..Indiana Pacers Fan

The only Way

Thew only way this happens is if it is Kelley Johnson, Gonzalez/Soriano with us eating Soriano's Salry and Medlin. For Zobrist and maybe a low level prospect.I think that would beneifit bot teams wit KJ flourishing in the bottom of that order and Tampa Getting the Closer they desperatly need along with additional bulpen help in medlin. The Braves get a power hitting guy who can play 2nd and reduce the black hole in their line up between 7 and 9 spots.

Not happening. Merge with the rest of the "trade deadline ideas."